• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick and dirty poster for the Dane and no, I couldn't be bothered to find the fonts for a dumb joke.

kbjLO8i.jpg

DANC

Is this the first time some of you seeing a Nintendo holiday commercial? Last year they bought out Awkwafina, Brie Larson, and Serena Williams.
The only TV commercials I see are those when I’m watching Liga MX. and they typically don’t show Nintendo commercials. Only novelas, cars and beers

I'd pay for a Famiboards Gold that changed every mention of "Dane" to "Pikmin 4". At least this way I'd get excited when people say it's coming late 2022 and will feature ray tracing.
"Pikmin 4 is coming late 2022 and will feature ray tracing. The official title is Pikmin Bloom: Walking Simulator. Please look forward to it."

"Pikmin 4 is coming late 2022 and will feature ray tracing. The official title is Pikmin Bloom: Walking Simulator. Please look forward to it."
honestly pikmin 4 could use RT more than most nintendo games, goes for that photorealistic background vibe that RT would really help.

thank you, man

and monkepd is a donkey kong, most likely 2D, being made by EPD 8. I hate it because it's a waste of 3D talent but that's just me

I'm still not sure why you take one part of the rumour (the existence of a Donkey Kong game by EPD 8) as granted but not the other part (that it's made by a smaller team within EPD 8) of the same exact rumour.

I'm just here being happy, having the week off, just chilling in my chair, playing stuff and thinking "I still have five days off till I have to work again".

Life is good. And friday means SMT V day. Hmm hmm hmmmmmm. Life is good.

Very interested in seeing how 2022 shakes out in terms of releases. There are quite a few first-party games already announced, but I feel like most of them should come spring or summer at the latest. It'll be interesting to see what happens with BOTW2 and if any of the other rumored games (new DK, new FE, Prime remake, etc.) come next year.

I definitely understand where you’re coming from, but unfortunately I think the days of having a game fully 100% ready to go on cart are rapidly disappearing. That’s already the case for tons of AAA games on PS5/XSX, and many Switch as well. It would not surprise me if the direction the industry takes, more long term, is to have physical shrink more and more, and at some point all (or most) games will require an online patch or connection/online verification and small download day 1 to even be playable due to leak paranoia. Some of this is already happening, but I expect it to just get worse and worse.

Not that I’m excusing it or anything, I just see that as the way things are moving.

Yeah, I know you're right. I'm trying to adapt my brain slowly to get used to the idea of going 100% digital in the future because physical is pretty much a lost battle in the long run. Things like this will get more and more common, but it's still frustrating when they happen.

EPD Tokyo had a team for stuff like NES remix, Flipnote and the Louvre guide. It wasn't all 3D Mario devs.
what the fuck

and these plebeians contributed to mario odyssey?

perhaps this world is more godless than I had thought. perhaps there is no sanctity to creation, only teams of hundreds doing their jobs

what the fuck

and these plebeians contributed to mario odyssey?

perhaps this world is more godless than I had thought. perhaps there is no sanctity to creation, only teams of hundreds doing their jobs
mr-burns-monkeys-typewriters1-640x381.jpg

only instead of typewriters, they are using computers.

what the fuck

they came from 10?

Check out the First Party thread, starting from post 109 onwards

Credits sleuthing has revealed that EPD 8 is like 70ish people (vs the 200+ credited on Odyssey). The idea of "teams" for these games is outdated and has been for ages.

One thing i’ve learned is that no one on the internet knows how game development works , including and especially game devs. No use worrying your head about it or where resources/talent are or aren’t being use and on what .

it's a sad time for raccoons

the pikmin 4 dream is dead, the dane will continue to dominate discourse for another year, monkepd looks more and more likely, NSO is getting even worse

the only solace I have is that big brain academy, the game of my childhood, is finally coming back
Wait, why is Pikmin dead and monkepd looking more likely? Those are 2 of my favorite franchises and I need both!

Nintendo needs to supply Famiboards with timesheets for all employees over the last 20 years. It's the only way to calm the rampant sleuthing

If still yet to see any “person in the know” with a decent track record put their hat down on this “epd is making donkey kong” rumor , not sure what has happened to make things looking likelier.

If still yet to see any “person in the know” with a decent track record put their hat down on this “epd is making donkey kong” rumor , not sure what has happened to make things looking likelier.
"professional leaker" is right up there with "armchair developer"

it's a sad time for raccoons

the pikmin 4 dream is dead, the dane will continue to dominate discourse for another year, monkepd looks more and more likely, NSO is getting even worse

the only solace I have is that big brain academy, the game of my childhood, is finally coming back

You can always see the same thing in a positive or a negative way.
We got Pikmin 3 on Switch, the franchise is still active (Pikmin Bloom)

The OLED looks amazing each day I play with it. So glad I got the update from that ugly cheap LCD.

NSO is getting more systems.

Sounds a bit like my gaming fatigue I developed when I was in your age. Just focus on something else and go back to gaming when you‘re in the mood. It‘s not healthy to have the business plan of a gaming company as one‘s life goals.

Didn't Itoi say something like "Mother 4 is the real life you're living now?" With that in mind, what are the chances Pikmin 4 is actually Bloom? What other franchise would be more appropriate for having a sequel that is literally "go outside and touch grass?"
i'm kidding @Raccoon please be happy and don't bite me

I skipped the OLED and honestly might just skip the Switchfourk too if there aren't any must-play exclusives on it.

Honestly I'm kinda just ambivalent on the whole thing anyways, since I'm not really a specs person in the slightest (I legitimately may not have noticed anything wrong with even something like Age of Calamity if people weren't so upset about it)
Will see you on Deck, tho!

You can always see the same thing in a positive or a negative way.
We got Pikmin 3 on Switch, the franchise is still active (Pikmin Bloom)

The OLED looks amazing each day I play with it. So glad I got the update from that ugly cheap LCD.

NSO is getting more systems.

Sounds a bit like my gaming fatigue I developed when I was in your age. Just focus on something else and go back to gaming when you‘re in the mood. It‘s not healthy to have the business plan of a gaming company as one‘s life goals.
thank you, I needed this today

I mean unless it's entirely new people it's still taking from the 3D team
3 key points to remember with EPD 8, one of which was explained to me recently:

1) the team are expanding, hence a huge new HQ
2) they receive development support from 1 Up and NST
3) they are based in Tokyo so that Nintendo can take advantage of the labour market there and staff up with contractors as and when required (as pointed out in the development thread here in recent discussions)

It's not as simple as 2 projects means 3D Mario is less of a priority. If anything, I'd expect Mario ahead of DK, given the timing of the film next year and the fact they have a technical base to build off of for 3D Mario on Switch.

thank you, man

and monkepd is a donkey kong, most likely 2D, being made by EPD 8. I hate it because it's a waste of 3D talent but that's just me

Hmm. I'm a fan of projects that group touches, so we'll see. Maybe the next one will be more suited to your tastes, but we also can find joy in waiting too.

It’s not easy, but Chrono fans have to embrace delayed gratification as a way of existence.

Didn't Itoi say something like "Mother 4 is the real life you're living now?" With that in mind, what are the chances Pikmin 4 is actually Bloom? What other franchise would be more appropriate for having a sequel that is literally "go outside and touch grass?"
i'm kidding @Raccoon please be happy and don't bite me
every day I go to work, I'm playing the latest F-Zero game

i have no doubt that Pikmin 4 is real - it just won't be fully revealed as soon as people thought.
I’m not sure how “soon” people thought it would be revealed; I never actively expect it to be shown off. It’s definitely one of those things that no one really knows when it’ll happen, but given the sales of Pikmin 3 + the new Bloom app it’s clear Nintendo still has interest in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom