• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute, is it going to be digital only in the west?

Sad.....
Konami loves to give some free cards with each Yu-Gi-Oh games to lure gamers to buy cards. I doubt this'll be digital only. Maybe a later date for the physical version.

Can someone explain to me why this wild game isn't coming to Switch? Seems.....like a horrible move for plenty of obvious reasons.

Konami loves to give some free cards with each Yu-Gi-Oh games to lure gamers to buy cards. I doubt this'll be digital only. Maybe a later date for the physical version.
While that's true. Rush duels aren't in English yet, so I'm not sure that would work here, unless they the cards are master duel cards.

I’m sure it’s been asked and can’t actually be answered but Everybody’s Casual Stinky Horse game isn’t the next EPD group 4 game right ?

Can someone explain to me why this wild game isn't coming to Switch? Seems.....like a horrible move for plenty of obvious reasons.

While that's true. Rush duels aren't in English yet, so I'm not sure that would work here, unless they the cards are master duel cards.

Someone mentioned that the CPU in the switch isn't powerful enough for rollback.

not a horrible move (yet), but definitely a weird one. doesn't need switch to survive, but most of its audience is there

Everybody Metroid Prime 4 has been the game's working title for a few years, right?

this is obviously correct because no one has disproved it.

Switch is a wildly different architecture than the consoles listed, and is much less powerful. They're clearly trying to court a competitive playerbase here so they're targeting 60 fps and low latency, two things the Switch would struggle with.

All of this is to say: it'd be monumentally tough/expensive to port this to Switch, a console where Smash Bros exists.

Someone mentioned that the CPU in the switch isn't powerful enough for rollback.
Then remove rollback. I'm sorry, but in most cases, I can understand not bringing this to Switch, but a game like this is asking to fail without Switch, rollback or not.

I just had a thought... with the Dill Spowser stuff and the Subway stuff and now the Horse stuff, should there be like a Famiboards version of knowyourmeme? 😅

Fantastic review from Ben. He really knows his Jrpg stuff.

In hindsight, it's really amazing to get a game like SMT V made.

Wasn't there a Mario & Pals game with horse riding? Are we getting Everybody Stinky Sports Superstars featuring a variety of Nintendo characters in sports minigames? And a new range of Nintendo horse girls amiibos?

Wasn't there a Mario & Pals game with horse riding? Are we getting Everybody Stinky Sports Superstars featuring a variety of Nintendo characters in sports minigames? And a new range of Nintendo horse girls amiibos?
Mario-Sports-Superstars

she said no wario iirc

Daisy confirmed horse girl. Yoshi confirmed tax-evading golf enthusiast. It all scans.
Peach confirmed rich royalty playing tennis. Mario confirmed Italian playing football. Bowser confirmed brash American with a baseball bat.

I'm not sure if a Meme Index |OT| would improve or ruin the fun
I was just thinking about accessibility for newcomers is all. I agree that generally listing inside jokes kinda kills the inside jokes. Unless their lore is written by @Sus with their particular brand of abyssal eloquence.

Why does it look like Stinking Horseperson has destroyed civilization?
Ah good, nobody else had commented on the background yet. I'm glad someone picked up on the vibe I was going for.

"some shit nobody gives a fuck about," close enough

I was just thinking about accessibility for newcomers is all. I agree that generally listing inside jokes kinda kills the inside jokes. Unless their lore is written by @Sus with their particular brand of abyssal eloquence.

Ah good, nobody else had commented on the background yet. I'm glad someone picked up on the vibe I was going for.
Where is that background art from?

"some shit nobody gives a fuck about," close enough
Some stinking horse shit nobody gives a fuck about

Beat Mario Odyssey again, for the first time since my 2017 playthrough. Game is pure magic <3

Kinda surprised no news of a 3D mario since.. Maybe they are saving it for the Switch successor??

Google. 😅 I just typed "anime city destruction" and scrolled till I found something weird. This one came up:
1140625.jpg
..which said it was from a website called "wallpaper abyss" so maybe the source is @Suswave 😅
Gotta say, flying humpback whales destroying civilization is much more metal than a stinking horse person doing it.

But not funnier.

@Raccoon honestly you raise a pretty good point about synergy with the Mario movie in that fantasy calendar of yours!

What if they materialize SMO2 right on time with the movie?!

If you guess that right, the godhood you claimed in that MK thread will be affirmed.

I actually think Stinkin' Horse Person will be pushed back and made a Switch 2 launch title. At the very least we'll see a Deluxe port with new Smells Funky Mode.

I would actually be surprised if we don't get a major mainline Mario platformer next year. 3D Mario is the logical choice purely because EPD 8 have had longer to get their shit together when it comes to launching a new game; EPD 10 shipped Mario Maker 2 in 2019 and provided a couple of updates for it into 2020.

Now sure, EPD 8 have done Bowser's Fury in that time, but it was a small project with development assistance from NST. EPD 8 also moved into a bigger new facility and are expanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom