• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should stress that Nintendo is sitting on a bunch of finished games.

Even if half the games you listed didn't release in 2022, there are other games (reinforcements) ready to take their spot.

If Xenoblade doesn't release in 2022, then Nintendo has Fire Emblem.
If BOTW2 doesn't release in 2022, then Nintendo has other Zelda stuff.

Nintendo is very prepared for 2022.
Me, a greedy consumer: Why not all???

(but sure I could see something like Wind Waker HD sitting in a glass cabinet marked "break in case of Breath of the Wild 2 delay")

Even if half the games you listed didn't release in 2022, there are other games (reinforcements) ready to take their spot.

Finally.

My Pokémon Colosseum remaster is arriving.

Checks out. Considering their software targets, and how confident they seem for next year. Really feel like we will have some stunners.

Other Zelda stuff you say

I wonder if 2D Zelda is making a return

Wonder if the 2022 FE is actually a Holy War remake or if it’s another Awakening -> Fates -> Valentia situation with the remake coming last.
Pretty sure Nate mentioned Holy War once, but I don't know if that was a concrete indication that's what's coming. I do think Fire Emblem for 2022 is a strong possibility assuming the co-development deal with KT remains in place to some degree. Otherwise, the bulk of the IS staff would've been on Origami King into early 2020 with some staff working on WarioWare until this year, meaning they wouldn't necessarily have the bandwidth to have another title ready for 2022.

Fire Emblem 2022 would make sense, 3 years after 3H is a regular development period. Hopefully they managed to improve the engine's performance and visual quality.

People thought TGA GotY talk from this year was spicy, just wait until next year lol. Geoff's gonna have to expand Best Family Game to ten nominees.

Nintendo wants Zelda to be an annual series. Nintendo is on a mission to release at least one Zelda game every year.

2011 - Ocarina of Time 3D, Skyward Sword
2012 - ???
2013 - Wind Waker HD, Link Between Worlds
2014 - Hyrule Warriors
2015 - Tri Force Heroes, Majora's Mask 3D
2016 - Twilight Princess HD
2017 - Breath of the Wild 1
2018 - Hyrule Warriors
2019 - Link's Awakening, Cadence of Hyrule
2020 - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
2021 - Skyward Sword HD
2022 - Breath of the Wild 2 (assuming no delays)

I don't know why I'm demanding new Fire Emblem immediately when I a) have a backlog, and b) it includes finishing other FETH routes and DLC.

Nevertheless, I am demanding it.

Fire Emblem 2022 would make sense, 3 years after 3H is a regular development period. Hopefully they managed to improve the engine's performance and visual quality.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's an entirely different engine if IS is doing the game themselves. I think people are expecting the next game to look like Three Houses. But if it's a remake done by IS internally, I could see them doing something like having 2D sprites for the map and 3D models in combat, kinda like they did for the 3DS game. A lot of Nintendo remakes like to preserve something from the visual style of the original.

A Fire Emblem Tellethia Remake with Radiant Dawn/ Path of Radiance would be awesome.

Im so full of Games. There are not many that i would buy at full price. Botw 2 and maybe xenoblade 3 or Metroid Prime. Third Partie wise Mass Effect or Halo.Every other Game has to be on Sale.

Btw. If Metroid Dread wins GOTY, what are the chances we see Prime 4?

Haven't done the maths yet, but thanks to the evergreen sales of Breath of the Wild and the annual pattern of spin-offs and remasters, Zelda has likely sold 5 to 10 million (or more) every year without fail since 2017. Shipments for Breath of the Wild plus Skyward Sword HD from April to September, for example, are already over 5 million units combined. That doesn't include any shipments for Zelda titles from January through March, or shipments for Age of Calamity and Link's Awakening across April to September.

I can see Nintendo wanting to keep that streak going. The franchise has presumably never had such a steady, strong commercial profile.

I hope Fire Emblem is 2023 because 2022 will be turn based strategy overkill if it is not:

Advance Wars Reboot Camp
Mario + Rabbids 2
Triangle Strategy
Marvel Midnight Suns
Digimon Survive
Metal Slug Tactics
Shadowrun Trilogy
NIS Classics Part 2
Final Fantasy tactics (rumored)
Tactics Ogre (rumored)
XCOM Chimera Squad (rumored)

Pretty sure Nate mentioned Holy War once, but I don't know if that was a concrete indication that's what's coming. I do think Fire Emblem for 2022 is a strong possibility assuming the co-development deal with KT remains in place to some degree. Otherwise, the bulk of the IS staff would've been on Origami King into early 2020 with some staff working on WarioWare until this year, meaning they wouldn't necessarily have the bandwidth to have another title ready for 2022.

Yeah, Nate has made allusions to HW several times but I’m cautious to take it as a hint.

I hope Fire Emblem is 2023 because 2022 will be turn based strategy overkill if it is not:

Advance Wars Reboot Camp
Mario + Rabbids 2
Triangle Strategy
Marvel Midnight Suns
Digimon Survive
Metal Slug Tactics
Shadowrun Trilogy
NIS Classics Part 2
Final Fantasy tactics (rumored)
Tactics Ogre (rumored)
XCOM Chimera Squad (rumored)
2022 for FE is way more likely.

And yes, it's a crazy year for strategy games on Switch.

Nintendo wants Zelda to be an annual series. Nintendo is on a mission to release at least one Zelda game every year.

2011 - Ocarina of Time 3D, Skyward Sword
2012 - ???
2013 - Wind Waker HD, Link Between Worlds
2014 - Hyrule Warriors
2015 - Tri Force Heroes, Majora's Mask 3D
2016 - Twilight Princess HD
2017 - Breath of the Wild 1
2018 - Hyrule Warriors
2019 - Link's Awakening, Cadence of Hyrule
2020 - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
2021 - Skyward Sword HD
2022 - Breath of the Wild 2 (assuming no delays)
surely one doesn’t keep this pace, even with some ports in the tank to use, without having a 2d zelda or two in the works, haha right.

2022 is shaping up to be a great year, but I'm starting to worry it will be heavy on sequels. What I'm always looking for is franchises that are new to a platform. We are pretty deep into the Switch lifecycle, so none of this is surprising, but it would be nice to see more unrepresented series come back. This year it was nice to see WarioWare and Metroid make their Switch debut.

2022 for FE is way more likely.

And yes, it's a crazy year for strategy games on Switch.
It doesn't make any sense though. Two of these games are published by Nintendo and one is collaboration they involved in. Why would they have a less diverse lineup, with more focus on a single genre? And it's not like turn based strategy genre is a massive seller.

I think they might have delayed FE game internally after Advance Wars got delayed to 2022.

👀

How would you all feel if 2022's lineup was:
  • Pokémon Legends: Arceus
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • Splatoon 3
  • Fire Emblem
  • Mario + Rabbids 2
  • Sequel to Casual game
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Bayonetta 3
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Advance Wars 1 + 2
  • Metroid Prime HD Remaster
Would you be satisfied with 2022 if this was the lineup?

It doesn't make any sense though. Two of these games are published by Nintendo and one is collaboration they involved in. Why would they have a less diverse lineup, with more focus on a single genre? And it's not like turn based strategy genre is a massive seller.

I think they might have delayed FE game internally after Advance Wars got delayed to 2022.
We just got two monster catching games this month. I don't think Nintendo cares lol

• Splatoon 3
  • Fire Emblem
  • Sequel to Casual game
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Advance Wars 1 + 2
This would be unquestionably the best year on the Switch for me

• Splatoon 3
  • Fire Emblem
  • Sequel to Casual game
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Advance Wars 1 + 2
Yes, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't another Mario game. There's always two in any given year.

• Splatoon 3
  • Fire Emblem
  • Sequel to Casual game
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Advance Wars 1 + 2
I am already pretty happy with what we know of the line up already especially adding on monster hunter expansion, anything else has and will be icing on the cake .

Personally would just like one unexpected surprise out of the year plus also some sort of follow up to ringfit but otherwise pretty content with what we know and also this speculative line up .

Yes, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't another Mario game. There's always two in any given year.

Definitely. I don't know every game that Nintendo has in the pipe. (no pun intended)

I'm sure we'll get something Mario-related next year.

• Splatoon 3
  • Fire Emblem
  • Sequel to Casual game
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Advance Wars 1 + 2
If the casual game sequel is another club house games then my answer changes from a yeah to a hell yeah

• Splatoon 3
  • Fire Emblem
  • Sequel to Casual game
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Advance Wars 1 + 2

Yeah, that would be acceptable i think

• Splatoon 3
  • Fire Emblem
  • Mario + Rabbids 2
  • Sequel to Casual game
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Advance Wars 1 + 2

That would be an incredible lineup for 2022... there's 7 or 8 games in there I know I'd already buy. lol

What a crazy year it would be for strategy games too! Mario + Rabbids 2, Advance Wars, Triangle Strategy, and a new Fire Emblem would be a stacked lineup.

• Splatoon 3
  • Fire Emblem
  • Mario + Rabbids 2
  • Sequel to Casual game
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Advance Wars 1 + 2

Sounds good to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom