• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaying Onimusha, and I wish Capcom gave the series a second chance at life, perhaps with a reboot.
Capcom needs to be smart and revive Onimusha has a lower budget title. It's just a character slasher don't need massive open world or realistic visuals or anything. Game needs to have a budget that would not hurt Capcom badly in case of a failure. Lower budget could mean a Switch version and that means more sales.

I don't mind if they still use prerendered backgrounds. Onimusha 1 HD still looks stunning and RE1 remake is even better. It's still a viable technology.

The Switch Pro controller is lowkey one of the best controllers ever IMO.
It's so comfortable, the sticks and buttons feel nice, build quality is excellent and doesn't feel cheap, gyro is a terrific feature, battery life is good.

While the Wiimote + Nunchuk will always have a special place in my heart thanks to IR aiming and the split design, the Pro has really grown on me.

It's so comfortable, the sticks and buttons feel nice, build quality is excellent and doesn't feel cheap, gyro is a terrific feature, battery life is good.

While the Wiimote + Nunchuk will always have a special place in my heart thanks to IR aiming and the split design, the Pro has really grown on me.
If they just fixed the inaccurate d pad it would be perfect. Still think it’s the best controller I’ve used despite this.

i thought there was a new one being made from the capcom leak?
Not as "being made". It said they were considering Onimusha, Final Fight and Power Stone revivals for 2023 - 2024. Well, the time has come but they're not there. We didn't even get Megaman and Ace Attorney 7 games for 2021 - 2022.

I’m still bummed the shoulder buttons died on me

Th Switch Pro controller is probably my favorite controller of all time, it’s incredible. Up there with the Gamecube and PS4. I like the PS5 controller too, but it always feels slightly too big in my hands despite being otherwise pretty great

Not as "being made". It said they were considering Onimusha, Final Fight and Power Stone revivals for 2023 - 2024. Well, the time has come but they're not there. We didn't even get Megaman and Ace Attorney 7 games for 2021 - 2022.
I think a Final Fight revival like GnG Resurrection/SoR4 style with RE Engine can be very great pleasure for lots of people .

Power Stone can be a full ultimate version of both DC games.

I think a new Onimusha would be 3rd person perspective like recent RE 2/3/4 remakes with a more action focused gameplay but not hack and slash like DMC games, like a middle ground, including puzzle elements.

Both 3 titles can be Switch-bound if Capcom wants it. Onimusha was very popular in Japan, 1 and 2 entries were best selling (single SKU) games of PS2/GCN/XB generation and Switch is going to be the best selling console over there.

Regardless, Capcom current FY23/24 plans beyond august are unknown I think as SF6, Exoprimal are releasing in june/july so i guess later we will know what they have in plans. DD2, Pragmata are coming someday. Wouldn’t discard a MH6 announcement as 20th anniversary is coming soon.

Last edited:
seeing the sqenix sale on the eshop and seeing the kingdom hearts cloud collection for £40 makes me ugh vehemently
I have this big hunch that Square-enix is not done with Kingdom Hearts on Switch. Maybe something to "replace" outdated classic games.
Feels like it’s getting to be about time for an indie Direct.
It's usually in april or may. I hope this time it has some big stuff, the last one was pretty disappointing. Even that Five Days to Christmas thing was better than that with Gecko World, Mortal Shell and Potion Craft.

I'm hoping for The Raft or Flock.

Close to the end of my replay of Mario Odyssey. This will be the first game I’ve beaten since before both the hand and headaches escalated last July. Big moment for me

I got one of those Nintendo survey emails today. Mine was all about Pikmin. I saw a couple other people talk about a Metroid survey. Hopefully that means both franchises get more attention and no decade-long breaks.

Not be a weeb because I got the same one
10792c623fab3e96b1f7b0a332aed2fd.jpg

What does a weeb have to do to get a Nintendo survey around here?
Do you play Pikmin Bloom? I’m not completely sure if that’s the only requirement to get the survey (or if it’s even one at all), but everyone I know who got it has played Pikmin Bloom with their Nintendo Account.

If you think Famiboards is full of stupid people, remember that just over half of us haven't licked a Switch cartridge.

If you think Famiboards is full of smart people, remember that nearly half of us have licked a Switch cartridge.

If you think Famiboards is full of stupid people, remember that just over half of us haven't licked a Switch cartridge.

If you think Famiboards is full of smart people, remember that nearly half of us have licked a Switch cartridge.
But only a select few of us have licked two: one American and one Japanese, just to see what the difference was (the Japanese was milder).

Yo Tokyo Xanadu is coming to Switch. It’s an odd cross between Trails and Ys with a modern day setting. It’s not quite as good as either Trails or Ys, but I had a good time with it on Vita. Hope we get a US release. Aksys handled the Vita, PS4, and PC releases.

Yo Tokyo Xanadu is coming to Switch. It’s an odd cross between Trails and Ys with a modern day setting. It’s not quite as good as either Trails or Ys, but I had a good time with it on Vita. Hope we get a US release. Aksys handled the Vita, PS4, and PC releases.

Nice was interested in getting this on vita, but sort of stopped getting games after sales dried up and switch was out (I got a vita in 2016, so pretty late even if this did come west after that if I remember correctly).

I got one of those Nintendo survey emails today. Mine was all about Pikmin. I saw a couple other people talk about a Metroid survey. Hopefully that means both franchises get more attention and no decade-long breaks.
What sort of questions did it ask? The Metroid Prime survey I did felt like they were gathering data for future marketing (possibly for Prime 4), so I wonder if they're fine tuning the Pikmin 4 marketing campaign about now.

Yep, this is truly a renaissance of the genre!

a friend is also working on some sprites (they also worked on Shredder's Revenge);

I liked Toxic Crusaders, it was so wild that we used to get cartoons and toys based on 15/18-rated horror/b-movies in the 90s. I especially liked that it was a parody of the somewhat twee environmentalism of Captain Planet without abandoning the general theme of ‘corporations leaving toxic waste lying around is bad’.

It’s like how we used to get tons of Robocop, Terminator and Aliens games on the 8-bit/16-bit systems too. Even the GameBoy Robocop game turned the bit where he shoots a guy holding a woman hostage in the groin into a minigame.

Well I would say that Bayo Origins is a pleasant surprise except I’ve had faith in the game from the beginning so I’m not really surprised at how good it is. (It’s very good so far.)

Why does Samus have no upgrades at the start of Super Metroid? She has successfully delivered the Metroid larvae to the scientists on planet Ceres (following the successful mission on SR388 where she upgraded her suit and arsenal many times), answered the distress call, and then followed Ridley to Zebes. Where along the line did she lose all her abilities and then need to find them again?

What sort of questions did it ask? The Metroid Prime survey I did felt like they were gathering data for future marketing (possibly for Prime 4), so I wonder if they're fine tuning the Pikmin 4 marketing campaign about now.
Somebody in the Pikmin 4 thread saved a couple screenshots.

https://famiboards.com/threads/pikmin-4-—-pre-release-discussion-update-new-trailer-releasing-july-21st-see-threadmarks.3770/page-15#post-610224

It asked which Pikmin games I've played, why I played them, how I felt when I played them, had I recommended the games to anyone, and a few other things. Also how interested I am in buying Pikmin 4 at 60 USD and whether I plan to pre-order.

edit - to answer the question above, the only Pikmin game I've played is 3 Deluxe, so I'm not a superfan or anything.

Might play Spyro: Year of the Dragon instead of OoT after beating TTYD. I kind of want to 100% the entire Spyro trilogy. Then I might beat Katamari Damacy and Ape Escape 2, 2 games I almost beat last year, but never did.

Why does Samus have no upgrades at the start of Super Metroid? She has successfully delivered the Metroid larvae to the scientists on planet Ceres (following the successful mission on SR388 where she upgraded her suit and arsenal many times), answered the distress call, and then followed Ridley to Zebes. Where along the line did she lose all her abilities and then need to find them again?
When Nintendo decided to make a new game.

Fusion, Dread, Prime 1, Prime 2 and Other M are the only ones that try to justify in-universe why Samus has to start from the beginning suit/power wise again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom