• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im happy that the pixar film lost this year but i still wish Puss had won. That would have been a much larger showbreaker.

Dont get me wrong, Del Toro's Pinocchio is a lovely film but the man is an acclaimed and respected director; chances were that he was going to win the award.

I wouldn't put past the academy if they didn't actually watch any of the nominees and just gave the award to the one who was directed by the man who had won the best feature award a few years back.

Legit almost teared up during his speech
I was crying when Ke won, my tears are all used up by now

Im happy that the pixar film lost this year but i still wish Puss had won. That would have been a much larger showbreaker.

Dont get me wrong, Del Toro's Pinocchio is a lovely film but the man is an acclaimed and respected director; chances were that he was going to win the award.

I wouldn't put past the academy if they didn't actually watch any of the nominees and just gave the award to the one who was directed by the man who had won the best feature award a few years back.
I might see this as a possibility if that film hadn't been cleaning up on the awards circuit all year.

Also as good as Puss was, I feel like a stop-motion film winning is a pretty damn big showbreaker.

Warms my heart to see Everything Everywhere All At Once take home the win.
It's such an imaginative, original, and deeply human film.
In an industry that's so often rather homogenous, it's like a dazzling meteorite of brilliance exploding across a cloudy sky.

Warms my heart to see Everything Everywhere All At Once take home the win.
It's such an imaginative, original, and deeply human film.
In an industry that's so often rather homogenous, it's like a dazzling meteorite of brilliance exploding across a cloudy sky.
Yup it was such a breath of fresh air. Oscar totally deserved.

I think back in like 2001 after seeing Monkeybone I would have said It’d be more likely I could guess the march madness college brackets exactly correctly for the next five years in a row than for Brendan Fraser to ever win an Oscar for the rest of his career.

Oscars done, and had enough Mario Kart 8 for today, so I guess it’s time for more Paranormasight.

Saw the rumors of a Soul Calibur 1 remaster coming (soon?) though Shpeshal Nick.

Hopefully its a collection of first 3 games and comes also to Switch.
God I hope this is true. Soul Calibur 2 HD has been denied on Nintendo consoles for too long to not have all three guest characters available on one platform.

That A24 sweep.

Looking forward to the chuds being racist as fuck like they were when Parasite won.
Hey at least this time the literal President of the United States won't make a statement about it being terrible that they won 😑

Fraser, Yeoh, Quan and Everything Everywhere is the quadfecta of "hell yeah" Oscar wins.
Absolutely ❤️
The only other thing I woulda liked is if Stephanie Hsu had won Best Supporting, but I wouldn't take that away from Jamie Lee Curtis so 🤷‍♂️

At least she got to dig into her musical theatre roots and perform a song on the damn Oscars stage, that was pretty rad.

if it makes you feel better the words literally took me three whole days to write
A bit, yes.

In general though I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with complimentary terms and ideas for my game. It's hard to know what the best parts are when it's really just me making and playing it.

I'm not even sure I watched a movie in 2022, let alone one from 2022. There were wayyyyy too many games to play.

In today's news of "games that I'd never predict in thousand years". Well it's not surprising considering anime was immensely popular in France back then.

Final Fantasy X-2 is Wikipedia's featured article for today. Let's all remember this majestic piece of human achievement.

In today's news of "games that I'd never predict in thousand years". Well it's not surprising considering anime was immensely popular in France back then.
I mean they’re already doing Grendizer

Kinda weird that half of the threads on fami have a banned OP
245.gif

So with Bayo Origins this week, is next week the first potential chance at new Zelda news? I’m leaning toward it not being quite yet, but it’s at least possible.

I was crying when Ke won, my tears are all used up by now

I might see this as a possibility if that film hadn't been cleaning up on the awards circuit all year.

Also as good as Puss was, I feel like a stop-motion film winning is a pretty damn big showbreaker.
That's a non argument i apologize. The oscars have always been doing what they want. For example, giving the trophy to big hero 6 whereas httyd2 won the other awards.

Oh my man, don’t look at Film Twitter this morning, they’re really salty that Babylon and Fabelmans didn’t got any awards.
But I thought it was supposed to be an honor just to be nominated 🤔
(probably didn't help that Kimmel made that jab about Babylon in the opening monologue 😅)

That one's going to be a bit less active due to a certain something releasing around that time. ;D
Yeah, Silksong's supposed to be out before summer, right?

Silksong's release date is "before June 12th, 2023" but it obviously is getting delayed.
I don’t think it’s unlikely, but at the same time I don’t think it’s “obvious” either. There’s a ton of time between now and June 12th, especially since I don’t think it’ll have much time between announcement and release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom