• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the battery is done for.

Personally, i wouldn't try to open the back and take it out myself, dunno how likely it is that something happens.
Yeah, like I almost want to undo the screws just a little so the backplate doesn't warp permanently, but I also have a feeling it's already too late if it's gapping that much

Remember to download transporter but you need to subscribe to bank apparently to do that
Oh shit yes, thank you for the reminder. I think they've since ended the subscription for Pokemon Bank so I can probably download it for free, but I can't download much of nothing when my 3DS is in its current state haha

Hooktail is pathetically easy with the Attack FX R Badge, like, even for the first boss. Even the Koopa Bros put up more of a fight.

That’s why I couldn’t justify it. Important to save for the Sega Dreamcast 2
Holy shit actually I would love this

Like how I've been saying the Switch feels like the second coming of the SNES, what if the Switch 2 is the second coming of the Dreamcast, where the devs, emboldened by the sudden success, decide to get fuckin weird with the next gen ❤️

Holy shit actually I would love this

Like how I've been saying the Switch feels like the second coming of the SNES, what if the Switch 2 is the second coming of the Dreamcast, where the devs, emboldened by the sudden success, decide to get fuckin weird with the next gen ❤️
Pik-Man
Luigi’s Mansion of the Dead
Splatoon Grind Radio
Clu Clu Rocket
Wario Taxi
Xenoblade Chronicles Online V. 2
Link’s Bass Fishing
Nintendododo

Pik-Man
Splatoon Grind Radio
Clu Clu Rocket
Wario Taxi
Link’s Bass Fishing
Nintendododo
But for real, I think this is actually what the Waluigi game should be; a Crazy Taxi clone where he berates his customers for wanting to go places he doesn't and is perpetually made uncomfy by a driver seat that's always a little too short for his gangly legs

Still making smooth progress in Sekiro. Felt good to go in and stomp Owl 1 on my second attempt. On the first one he got me with poison right before I could get in the final death blow. Wish I had managed to press the record button to preserve that hilarity.

Corrupted Monk was also a lot easier than I remembered. Divine Dragon should be a cakewalk from what I recall.

However I am already dreading facing Owl 2, Demon of Hatred, and Sword Saint.

Pik-Man
Splatoon Grind Radio
Clu Clu Rocket
Wario Taxi
Link’s Bass Fishing
Nintendododo
These all range from intriguing to must have, and I didn’t even own a Sega Dreamcast.

There's no better time to go way too hard than for a boss fight, right?
This boss in particular, when this music kicked in and you realize who you're fighting, I immediately went "oh well I'm probably doomed, but at least the music is a jam!"

Still making smooth progress in Sekiro. Felt good to go in and stomp Owl 1 on my second attempt. On the first one he got me with poison right before I could get in the final death blow. Wish I had managed to press the record button to preserve that hilarity.

Corrupted Monk was also a lot easier than I remembered. Divine Dragon should be a cakewalk from what I recall.

Ngl these names all sound made up lol

Switch 2 launch + brand new Mario game + TotK DLC + Pokemon S/V DLC

boom.gif

I had a similar time, Owl 1 was ROUGH my first time through but he was much easier the second time around. Same with corrupted monk; but yeah Divine Dragon is always easy, just a cool spectacle fight.

Owl 2 is a bastard, he would probably be the hardest boss in the game if he had another health bar. But I think those three are pretty clearly the hardest fights in the game overall. Sword Saint, though, despite being difficult I find him incredibly fun to fight once you learn his patterns and can get into the groove.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who had to look up how to find the Attack FX R Badge to beat Hooktail because I thought there would be an actual cricket in Hooktail's Castle, and got confused when I couldn't find one.

Please tell me I'm not dumb.

after further deliberation i have decided that my 3ds will become obsolete once the pokémon games come to nso
I'm gonna predict that you'll have to wait a long time for 3DS mainline Pokemon games to be on NSO. But if you are referring to the GB/GBA ones? Well, that will also probably be a long time (I hope not).

Help a Pokémon stadium noob out. What does this mean
Pokemon Stadium let you bring in your team from RBY(and GSC in 2) if you had the games and a transfer pak, but if not you could get "rental" Pokemon that were always level 50 with preset moves. A level 50 Charizard for example might have better stats, but the level 50 Charmander would have a more versatile moveset.

You just couldn't rent Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mewtwo or Mew unless you had them in your RBY game, but you could get those Pokemon as prizes to transfer to your Gameboy game after beating the trainer tower. It stands to reason if you can't transfer Pokemon from an RBY emulator on NSO to Stadium, it's unlikely you could transfer them from Stadium to RBY (or more importantly, Pokemon Home).
So in short, the Pokemon Stadium games will literally only be good for the minigames and that's it.

I'm gonna predict that you'll have to wait a long time for 3DS mainline Pokemon games to be on NSO. But if you are referring to the GB/GBA ones? Well, that will also probably be a long time (I hope not).
yeah i doubt the 3DS games will ever come to switch, i mean the gb/gba ones

As someone who really dislikes the size of the PS5, I hope Switch 2 is out sooner rather than later so I can get rid of this thing. The only reason I have it is for FF16 (but I do use it for FF14 and Genshin Impact, which hopefully Switch 2 has).

yeah i doubt the 3DS games will ever come to switch, i mean the gb/gba ones
It would be super lovely to play Pokemon Fire Red on the go. Man, I miss that style of Pokemon.

I cannot go as hard as Revo with all the accompaniment (mainly because I have no idea how to properly mix tracks) but I think this is a decent rough draft at a good primary melody

Send me the tracks and I'll mix 'em good for ya

I made an easy visual guide to joining the Famiboards Pool in Splatoon 3!

As someone who really dislikes the size of the PS5, I hope Switch 2 is out sooner rather than later so I can get rid of this thing. The only reason I have it is for FF16 (but I do use it for FF14 and Genshin Impact, which hopefully Switch 2 has).

im dipping my toes into genshin now that I have my handheld PC for the first time this week!

do you play exclusively on the PS5 or juggle with mobile?

Reminds me of how a rumor spread around high school that we had a pool, when we clearly and obviously did not.

Pretty good. The one good thing about gamepass. Still not convinced the big studios will make money in their games, but at least allows for more exciting stuff like this to become a reality.

im dipping my toes into genshin now that I have my handheld PC for the first time this week!

do you play exclusively on the PS5 or juggle with mobile?

So I actually lent a family member my PS5 last year, but I was playing it on PS5 then. Then I switched to my old gaming PC, but that crapped out over the weekend (I think the motherboard is fried). I wanted to get a new one but I'm going to skip it as PC gaming is not really my thing anymore. I'm currently playing it on a iPad mini 6 which isn't ideal, but it could be worse. I'm moving super slowly through the game though so I'm not far at all. This is also my 5th time restarting since I'm usually not an open world gamer (I get overwhelmed) but this time I'm just telling myself to take it slowly.

In general, I do like service games and feel that the older I get the better it is to just pick one and stick to that as I don't really like the direction the industry is moving in anyway.

blood red or kool aid red because, fear

Kool Aid Red :)

Reminds me of how a rumor spread around high school that we had a pool, when we clearly and obviously did not.
lol we had a similar "rumor" going on at work. We'd mention a "rooftop pool" around new people, so they'd go and ask other people where the pool was. Was kinda mean but also hilarious.

lol we had a similar "rumor" going on at work. We'd mention a "rooftop pool" around new people, so they'd go and ask other people where the pool was. Was kinda mean but also hilarious.
Dastards.

Have to say, I think I like Mega Man X2 better than X1. X1's good too but I just like the level themes and music better in X2

This game's on sale for <$7, cute Metroidvania (with HD rumble!)

floorislava.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom