• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. I'm just saying I hope your intuition is right about Diddy Kong Racing. It was one of my favorite games on the N64.

Before N64 NSO was announced, I heard a lot of noise about Dr Mario 64 and Pokemon Stadium. One was announced, the other hasn't. I'm not sure if Stadium is still coming.

I can't see Stadium coming unless they put GB games on the service and make it compatible with Pokémon RBY, so I'm not holding my breath.

I feel they wouldn't announce Stadium before Game Boy if they actually plan to implement the transfer pack - but that's a best-case scenario.
That is kind of where I'm at. I think Stadium is a farther out title after the Game Boy app comes up. If Nintendo can figure out a way to implement the transfer pack I would be shocked.

At the same time I would be happy with just the minigames.

Played like 5 hours of OOT last night had a ton of fun with no issues and I wake up to the whole world saying the input lag is unbearable lol. Sometimes I wish the internet didnt exist

Just pulled off DoT skip

Unless I missed a critical item (hope I don't need bombs lol), I think it's just hookshot > bow > iron boots > water temple
Godspeed Jersh.
just found out that the dogshit oot area is supposed to look like that in the japanese version???

I am so sick of the fucking internet
This is the correct response to most things.

I can't see Stadium coming unless they put GB games on the service and make it compatible with Pokémon RBY, so I'm not holding my breath.

I just want to reiterate that this isn't a guess on my part. Pokemon Stadium was definitely tested on Switch NSO.

But you're right, the main issue with Stadium might be that Game Boy NSO has been in limbo for awhile. I don't know what's holding that up.

I heard Mega Man: The Wily Wars was tested for Genesis NSO. If there's 52 slots for Genesis NSO, then that game seems likely to show up.

I think it's just me and you looking forward to this!
Yea it seems like this game has largely been forgotten. It will definitely be nice to play while waiting for my Mario Party copy to ship from Target.

I still have to get 100% in the game as well and I was saving that for around the time of the DLC anyway.

I just want to reiterate that this isn't a guess on my part. Pokemon Stadium was definitely tested on Switch NSO.

But you're right, the main issue is Game Boy NSO has been in limbo for awhile. I don't know what's holding that up.

I heard Mega Man: The Wily Wars was tested for Genesis NSO. If there's 52 slots for Genesis NSO, then that game seems likely to show up.

I'm really curious to see how the Genesis library plays out. Will we get most of the games that are traditionally in Genesis collections like the rest of the Sonic, Streets of Rage, Phantasy Star and Ecco games among others or will there be more of a 3rd party presence here?

The speculation is very exciting. Hopefully we get more crazy stuff I barely heard of back in the day.

Workshopping a new terrible joke for my signature, you guys get the first crack at it:

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I'm really curious to see how the Genesis library plays out. Will we get most of the games that are traditionally in Genesis collections like the rest of the Sonic, Streets of Rage, Phantasy Star and Ecco games among others or will there be more of a 3rd party presence here?

A mix of both. You're getting the traditional Sega games.

And a lot of third party deep cuts (Castlevania Bloodlines, Strider, Contra Hard Corps, Mega Man Wily Wars).

Knowing M2 handled the Mega Drive emulation and that Phantasy Star IV and Gunstar Heroes are there right now is a big positive for me getting the sub. Nintendo can improve the N64 offering while I play Mega Drive games.

Godspeed Jersh.
It has occurred to me that I don't think I can get the iron boots without an empty bottle.

Maybe there's ways around the iron boots, but I'm only gonna learn so many skips in one day lol - and I believe bottles are critical to most water related skips. Back I go...

Edit: DoT skipped with bottle in hand. I'm getting decent at this

Last edited:
Knowing M2 handled the Mega Drive emulation and that Phantasy Star IV and Gunstar Heroes are there right now is a big positive for me getting the sub. Nintendo can improve the N64 offering while I play Mega Drive games.

When Genesis/Megadrive NSO was announced, I saw lots of people saying, "Who asked for this?"

That makes me sad because the Genesis library has some of the best action games of all time.

Musha, Gunstar Heroes, Phantasy Star IV and Streets of Rage 2 are straight up classics. And they're all part of Genesis NSO.

And Musha isn't even available in the previous Genesis collection for Switch.

@Oregano would you look at that... Neptunia x SENRAN KAGURA: Ninja Wars has been rated for the Switch (and PC at that), lol. Wasn't that an announcement that created a bit of... discourse on the old Media Create Thread? :p

Not that I recall, more surprise that it still existed.

The discourse was about Takaki leaving Marvelous and shelving the new mainline Senran Kagura rather than switching platform for it, but that was a few years ago.

Right. I'm just saying I hope your intuition is right about Diddy Kong Racing. It was one of my favorite games on the N64.

Before N64 NSO was announced, I heard a lot of noise about Dr Mario 64 and Pokemon Stadium. One was announced, the other hasn't. I'm not sure if Stadium is still coming.
it’s possible but Pokémon is such an odd one
Normally I would be skeptical about Stadium's chances but last night's datamine shows a lot of space between Mario Tennis and Sin & Punishment. Unless Nintendo goes with a bunch of really odd and off the wall choices it feels like Pokemon Stadium has a half decent chance.
Obviously one slot is Shiren 2
I think it's just me and you looking forward to this!
im hype too! And I never did unlock the stuff from the first dlc pack or the two post story characters, need to rectify that

But you're right, the main issue with Stadium might be that Game Boy NSO has been in limbo for awhile. I don't know what's holding that up.

I’d say it’s actually 54, both Vectorman games are super likely

When Genesis NSO was announced, I saw lots of people saying, "Who asked for this?"

That makes me sad because the Genesis library has some of the best action games of all time.

Musha, Gunstar Heroes, Phantasy Star IV and Streets of Rage 2 are straight up classics. And they're all part of Genesis NSO.

And Musha isn't even available in the previous Genesis collection for Switch.

I don't understand that mentality at all. I felt like getting Genesis games was inevitable seeing as SEGA has ported their collection to anyone and everyone that wants it. It is an excellent value all around, especially because it adds a lot of stuff that the SNES library didn't have much of back in the day.

I 100% do not know OoT routing well enough to know what I need to get to Dark Link fast lol

Zelda's Lullaby is probably also important

Not that I recall, more surprise that it still existed.

The discourse was about Takaki leaving Marvelous and shelving the new mainline Senran Kagura rather than switching platform for it, but that was a few years ago.
Okay, I was somehow dead certain that the platform choice did at least get some people to chuckle but hey, I mean I'll take another game to add to the Japanese support.

I don't understand that mentality at all. I felt like getting Genesis games was inevitable seeing as SEGA has ported their collection to anyone and everyone that wants it. It is an excellent value all around, especially because it adds a lot of stuff that the SNES library didn't have much of back in the day.

Ya know what would be cool? If somehow Sega/M2 could bring Mickey's Castle of Illusion + World of Illusion to Genesis/Megadrive NSO.

They brought both games to the Genesis Mini in 2019...which M2 handled.

I've been having a blast playing the Genesis. And while I haven't been experiencing issues with N64 NSO like others have, the Genesis app definitely has two things going for it over the 64 app no matter how you slice it:

Rewind function and CRT filter.

🧑‍🍳's 💋

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is 75% off on the eShop. I've been waiting to grab that one for a while, finally did it!

Game looks to be great, the OST has that sweet DKC vibe and I can see how the game seems to mix both Rare and Retro styles.

Got my expansion sub for £10 thanks to the discount plus gold points. Immediately disabled auto-renewal - let's see if you earned that, Nintendo.

Ya know what would be cool? If somehow Sega/M2 could bring Mickey's Castle of Illusion + World of Illusion to Genesis/Megadrive NSO.

They brought both games to the Genesis Mini in 2019...which M2 handled.
It's a great selection - and better emulation than the collection that's already on the eShop, which had put me off buying that. It helps I got my sub on the cheap, of course, but Mega Drive is a big plus for me.

Okay, I was somehow dead certain that the platform choice did at least get some people to chuckle but hey, I mean I'll take another game to add to the Japanese support.

It's a Compile Heart game, and they still do PS exclusive releases but they've started porting their last few years of games to Switch so I don't think it was that shocking.

The Like to dislike ratio is surprisingly positive for those new Pokemon trailers. I thought goobers would have tried to spam dislikes and comments to complain about NSO in addition to the usual folks who are upset about anything Pokemon.

Yea it seems like this game has largely been forgotten. It will definitely be nice to play while waiting for my Mario Party copy to ship from Target.

I still have to get 100% in the game as well and I was saving that for around the time of the DLC anyway.
I didn’t so much forget it as I played the base game to death to the point where my mousou genre fatigue makes me just not want to return to it even if the DLC looks good. :/

Has M2 ever done emulation for Dreamcast or Saturn games? I know they were heavily implying that Dreamcast games would come as part of Sega Ages and well, look how that turned out. I think emulating 2D games and emulating 3D games from the late 90s are whole different beasts. The ports of Dreamcasts games to other systems have been a mixed bag and those are ports, not emulations from what I recall. I wonder if M2 would be able to handle that work.

The Like to dislike ratio is surprisingly positive for those new Pokemon trailers. I thought goobers would have tried to spam dislikes and comments to complain about NSO in addition to the usual folks who are upset about anything Pokemon.
I thought most of the complaining about the new pokemon was that people thought the graphics were terrible especially for a late gen switch release

Has M2 ever done emulation for Dreamcast or Saturn games? I know they were heavily implying that Dreamcast games would come as part of Sega Ages and well, look how that turned out. I think emulating 2D games and emulating 3D games from the late 90s are whole different beasts. The ports of Dreamcasts games to other systems have been a mixed bag and those are ports, not emulations from what I recall. I wonder if M2 would be able to handle that work.
Dreamcast emulation seems more doable than Saturn emulation. M2 definitely couldn't do Saturn emulation as of either last year or two years ago because they essentially said so in some Japanese interview. Perhaps that has changed but given the difficulties of Saturn emulation, I think we'll see Dreamcast games before Saturn games

just found out that the dogshit oot area is supposed to look like that in the japanese version???

Assuming you're talking about the water temple, I think that was misinformation. It does seem like it's an emulator bug.
I did some looking around and found multiple videos of the water looking like that in US/EU versions and they all seemed to be from emulated versions.
Interestingly enough in the wii vc version which doesn't have that water glitch you can actually see when the water is supposed to look like that, it's when Link does his spin attack. As you can see in the video here.

If you weren't talking about the water temple then just ignore what I said haha.

The textures, maybe. Still working on that (just pulled off a speed running trick for the third time today, hopefully this time I have enough items to get to that room).

The reflections are 100% missing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom