• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How I post on Famiboards:
img_4005.gif
Probably a James Bond reference I’m unknown to

@Emily My guess is that Jeff thinks that Metroid Prime has to be released because it's the anniversary. Something I wouldn't be so sure about. Nintendo can release it next year, and still celebrate it as an anniversary release.
I think/would hope Jeff would have more reason to think it’s coming this year than just the anniversary. Nintendo ignores far more “anniversaries” than they celebrate.

I recently watched the Bond films from Brosnan to Craig and here's my takes I tweeted / Mastodoned back then:

I've been watching one James Bond film a day, starting with Pierce Brosnan's stint, and damn they're bad. I guess I conflated the fun of Goldeneye the game with the movies. I know they're supposed to be schlocky fun, but they're juvenile in a very bad way. Most of them have their moments, though.

Continuing my James Bond binge, I'm starting with Daniel Craig's saga, and it's not difficult to see how much better these movies are crafted. M being an authoritative figure rather than a passive observant of Bond's shenanigans and pep talk giver is a very much welcomed change of pace.

Quantum of Solace is such a weird film. It's not completely awful but it ends and I had this feeling that nothing important has really happened.

Watched Spectre and No Time to Die today, concluding Daniel Craig's James Bond saga. A fitting finale, methinks. But please, stop putting the piss filter on Latin American countries sequences.

VG Cats sucks and is bad. But I still like my avatar! I’ve used it exclusively on forums since 2008. I’m never changing it.

Well, that's no longer possible as Amazon has bought the whole franchise. Along with everything else MGM owns.
The ownership of the James Bond franchise is way, way more complicated than “Amazon owns it because MGM owned it.” MGM didn’t “own” Bond, Danjaq/EON owned Bond and still do. MGM owns a partial copyright interest in the existing films (they share it with Danjaq). Danjaq controls the rights to make new films. It’s…complicated. But the long and short of it is, “Amazon has bought the whole franchise” isn’t accurate.

The ownership of the James Bond franchise is way, way more complicated than “Amazon owns it because MGM owned it.” MGM didn’t “own” Bond, Danjaq/EON owned Bond and still do. MGM owns a partial copyright interest in the existing films (they share it with Danjaq). Danjaq controls the rights to make new films.
In the end, it was MGM who decided which streaming service the movies go next and now they're owned by Amazon, chances of them appearing elsewhere is basically zero.

So gang, with my immediate prospects a little uncertain as I return to the UK before long and aim to stabilise and recover healthwise, I'm treating myself because I'm in the privileged position of having a healthy bank balance. My preorders for next month's games are paid out (Nier Automata, Sparks of Hope, Bayonetta 3), as are the fancy books I'm getting as another comfort winter treat. I've got FE Engage special edition ordered, but I'll only be paying in January.

I'm thinking of going whole hog on my treats splurge and doing the following:

• buying a pair of game vouchers, using one on Splatoon 3, saving the other for a rainy day
  • using the cumulative gold points off the currently discounted Pikmin 3 DX
  • surrounding myself with imagined worlds until the spring comes and Zelda arrives

We've seen many takes on the franchise by outside studios, and according to DK Vine (Hyle) Nintendo wanted to bring Donkey Kong "home", so that'll be very interesting moving forward.

Retro Studios allegedly wanted to move away from Metroid Prime, and now they're forced to be back at it again.
Retro gets tired of ips very quickly so its not surprising they got over dk too.

Nlg going forward with a luigi's mansion 4 and showing no signs of burning out

VS

Retro burning out of metroid by the third game and of DK by thr second. Lmao

In the end, it was MGM who decided which streaming service the movies go next and now they're owned by Amazon, chances of them appearing elsewhere is basically zero.
It’s, again, a little more complicated than that. In the US? Sure, I’d agree that the most likely streaming home for the franchise is going to be on Amazon’s platforms and it’s likely to be exclusive. Internationally it gets more complicated. Prime Video doesn’t have the same presence it has in the US in all markets.

I cannot keep up with all the games coming to Switch this year; even if I finish Xenoblade 3 and Splatoon 3 by the time Prodeus comes out, I probably won't finish that before Nier Automata comes out, which I probably won't finish before Bayonetta 3 comes out, and I still haven't finished Zombie Army 4 or even started Forged In Shadow Torch.

I'm on track to buy more games for Switch this year than I have for any system in any year since 2010.

aa6d8a7c3bf22d2f798f7a864a66ce56.jpg

The Switch is Grandma

I'm on track to buy more games for Switch this year than I have for any system in any year since 2010.

The Switch is Grandma
My Switch is likely end up with a bigger library than my DS or 3DS and that thought absolutely scares me. Granted I'm being a bit extra with the number of LRG pickups I've done, plus importing certain Square-Enix and Capcom titles. But yea, system is an absolute beast for certain types of people.

Not gonna lie, never had such a great library of games before Switch. Classics old and recent is what's it's all about for me.

The fact that one can take these games on the go is what never ceases to amaze me. Sometimes Xbox 360-era titles alone or even beyond...in your hand.

776.gif

Anyways, starting the Mass Effect 3 remaster, even though I originally thought of waiting until November 7th for this one. Slightly mixed memories of it, but hoping I enjoy it. I dropped it when I last revisited it about 9 years ago.

Anyways, starting the Mass Effect 3 remaster, even though I originally thought of waiting until November 7th for this one. Slightly mixed memories of it, but hoping I enjoy it. I dropped it when I last revisited it about 9 years ago.
I remember liking it, but I also found out I like ME2 a lot less than I remembered when I tried Legendary Edition. So I haven’t gotten around to finishing it or playing ME3 LE yet.

I remember liking it, but I also found out I like ME2 a lot less than I remembered when I tried Legendary Edition. So I haven’t gotten around to finishing it or playing ME3 LE yet.
Mass Effect 2 remains an all time favourite for me; this one fell slightly flat by way of comparison. I didn't enjoy it on a repeat play and dropped that second playthrough fairly early on.

This year I uh, kinda stopped, which is odd for me. Every year on Switch I try to play a few indies because they're so good and fun for gaming.

I guess it's because I started 2022 catching up on 2021, and since March I've always had RPGs on the go (Triangle Strategy, Mass Effect Legendary Edition two thirds done, Pokemon Legends, Live Alive, Sunbreak, Xenoblade 3...). That's probably close to 300 hours of gaming right there this year alone. Gulp.

I do want to get Elechead, though, and I do keep an eShop wishlist.

As a parent, my time to play games is way more limited. Nowadays, I mostly stick to shorter games like Kirby, Splatoon 3, Mario Strikers and Switch Sports.

Looks at the clock. Oh well, I'm gonna check out the Spawncast tomorrow.

Laterzzz!

I cannot keep up with all the games coming to Switch this year; even if I finish Xenoblade 3 and Splatoon 3 by the time Prodeus comes out, I probably won't finish that before Nier Automata comes out, which I probably won't finish before Bayonetta 3 comes out, and I still haven't finished Zombie Army 4 or even started Forged In Shadow Torch.

The Switch is Grandma
By the end of the year, my physical Switch collection will be larger than any other collection I own. This system is a beast.

Always fun seeing Mass Effect's attempts at emotive facial expressions wrestle with the custom face I've made.

I don't blame Grubb or anyone, just one thing I'm still confused about after Grubbs video, does WWHD/TPHD still exist and the wrong info/confusion around it was that it was coming this year or does it simply not exist yet and the wrong info/confusion around it was that it even existed?

This picture always bothered me. Franchises like DK, Star Fox, F-Zero, Pikmin, and Punch Out don't get anniversary celebrations either yet there they are having fun.
I'm pretty sure the joke is that at the time Metroid felt like such an ugly duckling and Zelda the golden goose that Nintendo even invited the dead franchises to celebrate Zelda.

There are public signs pointing to Retro having completed a project around September last year, don’t forget.

IMG_1810.png

The existence of an unannounced Retro game beyond Prime 4 isn’t in question; it exists.

I remember now why I called Mass Effect 3 "Michael Bay Effect".

There's still great stuff here but also... there's a lot of dumb stuff, even if the Mars music is kick ass.

I don't blame Grubb or anyone, just one thing I'm still confused about after Grubbs video, does WWHD/TPHD still exist and the wrong info/confusion around it was that it was coming this year or does it simply not exist yet and the wrong info/confusion around it was that it even existed?
my understanding is that they exist and the info that was wrong was that they were going to be in the direct

As a parent, my time to play games is way more limited. Nowadays, I mostly stick to shorter games like Kirby, Splatoon 3, Mario Strikers and Switch Sports.
As a father to a 6 and 3 year old, my time is also very limited, and I find that almost all Nintendo games allow me to have fun and progress even if I’m playing for 5 mins. I’ve also managed to put in about 25 hours into XBC3 since launch(which is a lot for me lol, I’m sure I’ll beat it around Xmas).

I low-key expect Metroid Prime Remake to come out around June-ish followed by Metroid Prime Re-reveal Summer Direct.

It is interesting that Jeff thinks Metroid Prime is still November. Be kinda funny if there's a "Metroid Prime Series Development Update" video to announce it.

Jeff is still saying he believes Metroid Prime is coming this holiday. His source is still affirming that to him. Just weird AF for Nintendo to not reveal it in the direct. If this is Metroid Prime 4 related, then I guess they’d have to do a twitter reveal on it

Maybe they drop a video that shows some tidbits for Prime 4 - a new logo, some art or screens - and then shifts into a Prime HD announcement.

Maybe they drop a video that shows some tidbits for Prime 4 - a new logo, some art or screens - and then shifts into a Prime HD announcement.
I think it’ll be a Metroid update video again. Small info on Prime 4 then announcement of MPR. When they going to drop the video is the big question…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom