• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a father to a 6 and 3 year old, my time is also very limited, and I find that almost all Nintendo games allow me to have fun and progress even if I’m playing for 5 mins. I’ve also managed to put in about 25 hours into XBC3 since launch(which is a lot for me lol, I’m sure I’ll beat it around Xmas).
I just had a son (2nd kid) right around Xenoblade. I got so lucky. Dude sleeps like 18 hours a day even over a month later. I put 70 hours into XC3. I didn't play games for weeks after my first cause she never slept. This is great.

I remember now why I called Mass Effect 3 "Michael Bay Effect".

There's still great stuff here but also... there's a lot of dumb stuff, even if the Mars music is kick ass.
ME3 has the greatest ost in a bioware game imo. Normie choice but Leaving Earth really is the greatest EA track.
It is interesting that Jeff thinks Metroid Prime is still November. Be kinda funny if there's a "Metroid Prime Series Development Update" video to announce it.
That sounds reasonable, but for now i decided to not take what Grubb says as fact, we will see.

But i would quite enjoy that, an exclusive Metroid Prime event, away from direct competition. I dont think they would announce a name for mp4 tho as imo, its just a placeholder and the 4 will be removed.

@Emily My guess is that Jeff thinks that Metroid Prime has to be released because it's the anniversary. Something I wouldn't be so sure about. Nintendo can release it next year, and still celebrate it as an anniversary release.
My read on the situation is that Jeff is sticking by his sources with Metroid Prime HD, rather than him following his own speculation. He talked about how strange it would be for them to not have it in the direct, but he’s standing by it regardless.

Of course, that doesn’t inherently mean it’s going to happen, but to me it sounds like he’s standing by his own trusted sources on this one, rather than taking speculation and running with it like he did with the Zelda remasters. He wouldn’t have doubled down like this otherwise.

My read on the situation is that Jeff is sticking by his sources with Metroid Prime HD, rather than him following his own speculation. He talked about how strange it would be for them to not have it in the direct, but he’s standing by it regardless.

Of course, that doesn’t inherently mean it’s going to happen, but to me it sounds like he’s standing by his own trusted sources on this one, rather than taking speculation and running with it like he did with the Zelda remasters. He wouldn’t have doubled down like this otherwise.
Maybe it's digital only 🤷

I think he shouldn't have mentioned that in his video. He made a mistake and kind of handed his haters ammunition and like I said I'm kind of over hearing people ridiculously hate on him like he's some grifting jackass.

Since finishing Xenoblade 3, I've been doing some game hopping. Started The Origami King during the week. Played it some more on Friday. Saturday I played some Splatoon 3. I think today, Sunday, I will jump back into Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes.

Stayed up till midnight playing a videogame and drank 2 beers. A wild Saturday night, by my standards.

Playing both videogames and drinking would mean I wouldn't be able to fall asleep. Even when I would get super wasted in college, I always had a hard time falling asleep after a night out. I am make it a rule to stop playing games at least a 1.5 hours before I go to sleep. Sometimes I lose track of time and even if I go to bed at my normal time, I pay for overstimulating my brain before bed.

The whole insider thing is sadly surrounded by angry and childish people that only wait to spread hate against people.
Enjoy the games that are already out and take everything else as a hint that may come down the line. Nothing is 100% until a game is showed.
We have some great insiders in the Nintendo community and I'm happy that they exist but even if I trust them nothing they say is a sure thing for me. Things can change, info can be bad as with Jeff this time.

Just got clobbered with hailstones the size of bullets, whopper of a storm.
(For perspective, I have pretty big hands!)

yrX499J.jpeg

That's a good choice. There are a LOT of Bond movies that do not hold up but Goldeneye does.
Bond movies have so much of that in so many areas. I grew up on them (my dad and older sister both loved them) but you constantly run into bond being a sexist creep, or racism, or cultural exploitation, or... you name it, it's all there. Probably worst during the Roger Moore era. And yet despite all that, most of the movies still have a certain charm and fun to them that's hard to find in other movies. Plus tons of nostalgia, since I saw them so often as a kid.

I forgot to mention one of my favorite, often underrated Bonds: The Living Daylights. One of the only two movies that Timothy Dalton played Bond, it had a lot of cool moments in it and I honestly think Dalton is a great Bond even he is a bit more serious in the role. Plus it has John Rhys-Davies! And sledding on a cello case!

Is it possible that Nintendo has decided to withhold Metroid Prime HD until the Switch Pro/2 showcase?

Let's say hypothetically they decide to host a conference or large scale direct in February/March (the same timeframe where Nintendo's huge schedule gap in its console lineup begins after Octopath 2/Return to Dreamland Deluxe) for the new console which will release in on May 12th with a brand new mainline Zelda title (sound familiar?)

Feb/March - Big reveal and launch year lineup
March - Indie World Showcase

March to May - focused on new console and new games marketing with a focus on Zelda TotK

(ignoring third party multiplats, large indie releases, or unknown surprises since I can't truly predict):

May -
  • Zelda TotK
  • EPD 4 casual title
June -
  • Metroid Prime HD
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Drake patch
July -
  • Some game here
  • Splatoon 3 big expansion/Drake update
September -
  • Pikmin 4
October -
  • New 3D Mario title
November -
  • Detective Pikachu 2
December -
  • Xenoblade 3 stand alone expansion/Torna equivalent + Drake patch

Then you can fill in the blanks with all the surprise first party stuff, third party multiplats, indie games, and special exclusives.
and Silksong

Then in 2024, you get Prime 4, Fire Emblem high budget remake, Astral Chain 2, maybe LM3 team's next game, DK, etc.

Sound plausible?

How do you guys/ gals keep track of all the indie games releasing? I know there was a bunch announced in June I was interested in, now I forgot what they were called…
I literally keep a list in a notetaking app on my phone, because usually when I come across them they're a year or two away from completion. Every time I see one during an E3/TGA/etc event or on a "new Indies coming soon" compilation video, I put the title on my list. Periodically I check the eShop for the titles on the list to see if they're available to wishlist. Been keeping that list since the WiiU days. It's gotten long. 😅

I’ve done some investigating

i found the original source of my avatar. It’s a VG Cats webcomic. It’s not good.

Okay yeah that was a bit gnarly but the red monster got a good line. 🤣

I think I made that in BOTW
Me too but mine was pixelated

If Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were coming to Switch, I guess the next time would be 2024 now as they won’t launch the same year as TotK. Gutted really, been my most wanted Wii U ports and was really hoping to play them this Christmas

My personal theory is that WWHD and TPHD for Switch do exist, but with Drake supposedly being revealed and released relatively soon, they (and most/all the remasters and remakes Nintendo is currently working on according to Emily) will be announced as compatible with both the current system and the next one. I could be completely wrong, though.

Jeff is still saying he believes Metroid Prime is coming this holiday. His source is still affirming that to him. Just weird AF for Nintendo to not reveal it in the direct. If this is Metroid Prime 4 related, then I guess they’d have to do a twitter reveal on it
I think we are looking for similar video like Age of Calamity announcement. With Tanabe here for sure. They will show something from Prime 4, whatever that is a screenshots or concepts or small teaser and then Prime Remaster. If we are looking for release this Holiday, then a reveal in September is still a thing?

I think we are looking for similar video like Age of Calamity announcement. With Tanabe here for sure. They will show something from Prime 4, whatever that is a screenshots or concepts or small teaser and then Prime Remaster. If we are looking for release this Holiday, then a reveal in September is still a thing?
The only reason I see Nintendo not showing MPR in the direct was because of MP4.

I feel like it has to have a AoC video this month if it’s coming this holiday.

The only reason I see Nintendo not showing MPR in the direct was because of MP4.

I feel like it has to have a AoC video this month if it’s coming this holiday.
I feel like, at this point if they are doing it they at least have to give a timeframe of when Prime 4 is expected to ship, even the vague "2023".

But hey, they fully revealed Ring Fit on September 12th and released it on October 18th. But I still think it's a September announcement, for November release.

The whole insider thing is sadly surrounded by angry and childish people that only wait to spread hate against people.
Enjoy the games that are already out and take everything else as a hint that may come down the line. Nothing is 100% until a game is showed.
We have some great insiders in the Nintendo community and I'm happy that they exist but even if I trust them nothing they say is a sure thing for me. Things can change, info can be bad as with Jeff this time.

Speaking for myself, I'm definitely retiring from Nintendo rumors. For the longest time, I've wanted to start a blog about old classic films and traveling. I absolutely adore the Nintendo fan community, but sometimes the negativity gets mentally draining. As a parent, my main priority is my family.

I think I figured out why Metroid Prime Remastered didn't show at the Direct, it's not actually it's own game, instead it will be an unlockable after you complete Prime 4.

For the longest time, I've wanted to start a blog about old classic films and traveling.
just so you know, if you did start such a blog i would totally read it, classic films and traveling are two of my favorite things : )

Speaking for myself, I'm definitely retiring from Nintendo rumors. For the longest time, I've wanted to start a blog about old classic films and traveling. I absolutely adore the Nintendo fan community, but sometimes the negativity gets mentally draining. As a parent, my main priority is my family.
I'm sorry that the negativity of some affected you like that and I'm looking forward to reading your blog about old classic films and traveling !

noooooo....sigh :cry: end of a era...reconsider your decision please!

Would miss it, but I can't blame you Emily, especially you being a parent. Even from the outside, as a fan of this kind of information things can get exhausting by all the negativity. Just want you to know that I've really enjoyed your shared information over the years and some of the things you've written about (like the Dolphin GameCube story). A big thanks. (y)

Anyway, there's so much more to life than video games as well.

just so you know, if you did start such a blog i would totally read it, classic films and traveling are two of my favorite things : )

Aw, thank you! :) It's nice to know I'll still have at least one reader!

noooooo....sigh :cry: end of a era...reconsider your decision please!

I appreciate the kind words. ❤️ The problem is: I've been doing this for such a long, long time. People forget that I started doing this when I was a very, very young teenager. Recently, someone told me they were 10 years old when they first started reading my stuff -- now they are 20-21. That really shows how much time flies.

The good news is, other people are still around to report on Nintendo rumors: NateDrake, Jason Schreier, Jeff Grubb, Tom Phillips, Imran Khan, Bloomberg.

Would miss it, but I can't blame you Emily, especially you being a parent. Even from the outside, as a fan of this kind of information things can get exhausting by all the negativity. Just want you to know that I've really enjoyed your shared information over the years and some of the things you've written about (like the Dolphin GameCube story). A big thanks. (y)

Anyway, there's so much more to life than video games as well.

Thanks! I just want to get back into writing again. I just miss the feel of writing again. That Dolphin story was so fun to put together. I want to make more content like that because it provides educational value, unlike Nintendo rumors.

I hope you at least stay around the forum. Always enjoy you here regardless.

No offense to you, I have grown tired of Nintendo taking too long to release some of these older titles like Metroid Prime and Wind Waker on switch so when I get my steam deck this week, I’m just gonna emulate them for now. If they come, I’ll gladly buy them because I like the novelty of playing them on official Nintendo hardware

Aw, thank you! :) It's nice to know I'll still have at least one reader!

I appreciate the kind words. ❤️ The problem is: I've been doing this for such a long, long time. People forget that I started doing this when I was very, very young. I was a really young teenager when I first started doing it. Recently, someone told me they were 10 years old when they first started reading my stuff -- now they are 20-21. That really shows how much time flies.

The good news is, other people are still around to report on Nintendo rumors: NateDrake, Jason Schreier, Jeff Grubb, Tom Phillips, Imran Khan, Bloomberg.

Thanks! I just want to get back into writing again. I just miss the feel of writing again. That Dolphin story was so fun to put together. I want to make more content like that because it provides educational value, unlike Nintendo rumors.
Wishing you the best of luck, Emily. I also understand what you mean about some fans being toxic/negative in your other post (did you ever end up watching Scream 5? I’m sure you would find it relatable).

Also while we are on the topic of other reporters, people should try and keep Imran in their thoughts. I imagine it’s been a stressful week with all of the layoffs.

yeah I remember reading emily leaks when I was like 14 or 15

I'm starting to feel like I've been doing this too long too, and I don't even do anything!

Ohhhh. Classic film blogs 👀
That’s more interesting then Nintendo rumors.

I think the last Classic film I watched was Roman Holiday a while back. It’s really enjoyable.

Ohhhh. Classic film blogs 👀
That’s more interesting then Nintendo rumors.

I think the last Classic film I watched was Roman Holiday a while back. It’s really enjoyable.

Haha, what a coincidence. That's literally the first movie I wrote about. 😯 One of my favorite Audrey Hepburn films. I'll have something published soon. I also wrote something about Studio Ghibli's Kiki's Delivery Service.

Thanks! I just want to get back into writing again. I just miss the feel of writing again. That Dolphin story was so fun to put together. I want to make more content like that because it offers more educational value than Nintendo rumors.

They were quality writings! I've learned a lot about Nintendo from them. I'm not a writer myself, but I imagine being one can be very satisfactory, especially having put all the pieces together into a cohesive narrative. Since you're out of the loop, I'm not expecting anything soon, but I'm happy to hear that the passion is still there.

yeah I remember reading emily leaks when I was like 14 or 15

I'm starting to feel like I've been doing this too long too, and I don't even do anything!
Right.. I was still in 9th grade when I first started getting acquainted with the Nintendo fanbase on social media, coinciding with the first rumor I ever read, which was indeed Emiliys. Time sure flies by quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom