• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The long wait for a new Donkey Kong has left me defeated ngl. The wait for Pikmin 4 and Metroid Prime 4 is excruciating too, but Nintendo occasionally reassures fans about these games. With Donkey Kong, it's just silence. We don't even officially know the game is real, though I trust the sources that's been given. I just don't understand Nintendo's strategy regarding the series. They obviously have plans due to the theme park and film, but in regards to an actual game, keeping DK fans in the dark for nearly a decade is just mind boggling to me.

editor in chief of Universo Nintendo saying ridge racer 8 for switch is not canceled. not sure how reliable he is, but i did once post a rumor by him here that ended up being true (about mario rabbids 2 game play reveal link)

Looked it up, just in case. The "real" story came out early last year and it seems to have been in development for a while, but it's not something to worry about I think. This was one of the earlier hints:

Yeah, this matches up with what I vaguely remembered.
Its only speculation, but probably the only reason Odyssey 2 still not there its because TOKYO was working on 2 projects at the same time,to delay a mainline Mario game, it would need to be a very important project,something guaranteed to sell millions, or maybe it just was rebooted mid-development or Odyssey 2 was finished long ago and nintendo is holding it to release with the Film or Drake
My suspicion was that they worked on a prototype game that became Bowser's Fury and was shipped to NST/1-Up when EPD 8 decided that's not the direction they wanted to go in. Add in moving offices and the pandemic, as well as the fact there's zero pressure on Nintendo to rush major releases, and I think that, combined with the 20 million plus sales they'll get from 3D All Stars plus 3D World, explains the gap.

editor in chief of Universo Nintendo saying ridge racer 8 for switch is not canceled. not sure how reliable he is, but i did once post a rumor by him here that ended up being true (about mario rabbids 2 game play reveal link)

I remember this rumour. It'd be a lengthy development cycle, if it's been in the works since the original rumours. Not impossible, these days, mind.

stares at Pikmin 4

It's still in development because Harada is doing everything in his power to stop non-anime games appearing on Switch

Real talk: the fact Nintendo have gone from having like, roughly 5 different series for racing options to just having WORLD CONQUERING INESCAPABLE MARIO KART for racing options, is a real shame.

I get it, market this and development arrangements that, but it's a shame. Weeb Racer being real and on Switch would be fun.

Ridge Racer: Weeb Edition confirmed for Nintendo Switch
Ridge Kart Racer R

Play as your favourite Bamco characters like Heihachi Mishima, Lloyd Irving, Kos-Mos, Ivy (Soul Calibur) and more.

If you go deeper down the rabbid hole it will be Jump Superstar Racing

Race with Goku on his Nimbus, Jotaro in Joseph's car etc.

The long wait for a new Donkey Kong has left me defeated ngl. The wait for Pikmin 4 and Metroid Prime 4 is excruciating too, but Nintendo occasionally reassures fans about these games. With Donkey Kong, it's just silence. We don't even officially know the game is real, though I trust the sources that's been given. I just don't understand Nintendo's strategy regarding the series. They obviously have plans due to the theme park and film, but in regards to an actual game, keeping DK fans in the dark for nearly a decade is just mind boggling to me.

ef9e1e74b318d9109a09a598620ec083.gif

Real talk: the fact Nintendo have gone from having like, roughly 5 different series for racing options to just having WORLD CONQUERING INESCAPABLE MARIO KART for racing options, is a real shame.

I get it, market this and development arrangements that, but it's a shame. Weeb Racer being real and on Switch would be fun.

There used to be a lot more racing games in general. In the 90s, they were kinda in the same position first person shooters are in today, at least on consoles. A single publisher could have multiple series but the genre really dropped in popularity in the 2000s. No each console marker basically has their one really popular one and nothing else. Third party racing games don't seem to make a splash anymore. They just kinda come and go.

Since the anime came out, my timeline has been full of "I thought Cyberpunk was always great" people. I guess those updates and the anime really gave it new life.

I like Trigger with other properties (their originals are ok or misses lol) so Ill be watching it soon.

DK Vine mentioned that there was a new Donkey Kong game in development for Switch in 2017, done by an outside studio, but it got cancelled. Then they apparently decided to change course and bring the franchise back to Nintendo.

Hyle said that they're gonna talk about this scrapped project one day, when it's legally safe to do so.

DK Vine mentioned that there was a new Donkey Kong game in development for Switch in 2017, done by an outside studio, but it got cancelled. Then they apparently decided to change course and bring the franchise back to Nintendo.

Hyle said that they're gonna talk about this scrapped project one day, when it's legally safe to do so.
Meanwhile, outside Hyle's house, Miyamoto is waiting with a baseball bat and some hired goons...

Since the anime came out, my timeline has been full of "I thought Cyberpunk was always great" people. I guess those updates and the anime really gave it new life.

I like Trigger with other properties (their originals are ok or misses lol) so Ill be watching it soon.
The game was always good… if you weren’t playing it on a PS4 or Xbox One. Though it was pretty buggy. They’ve fixed a lot of that though.

Interesting 🧐

The episode is a bit of a mess (unstructured), but a recommended listen if one wants to hear about the development cycle of some of the Donkey Kong games. The infamous cancelled Wii U title by Retro Studios is also a topic of discussion (Nintendo decided not to show it at E3 at the very last minute).

So for those who have not listened to it:

Enjoy!

Wait…there’s going to be a Ridge Racer EIGHT?!

I trust Hyle Russell (DK Vine's co-founder founder), because he doesn't even want to commit on anything more than what's been told to him. He knows the DK game is coming, and that's about it

How do you guys/ gals keep track of all the indie games releasing? I know there was a bunch announced in June I was interested in, now I forgot what they were called…
  1. Use wishlists to make sure they're on your radar.
  2. Follow on social media/join mailing lists
  3. tbh, remember them ages after the fact because there's too many high quality games getting released right now and that makes it super hard to keep track of it all.

@Emily My guess is that Jeff thinks that Metroid Prime has to be released because it's the anniversary. Something I wouldn't be so sure about. Nintendo can release it next year, and still celebrate it as an anniversary release.

I just use the eShop wishlist feature to keep track of indie games. They send you an email when a game goes on sale.

Watching my first ever James Bond movie to celebrate Goldeneye coming to NSO so I can join in on the fun when it releases. Shouldn’t be too hard to figure out which one

Hint: Goldeneye

Not really surprising, no. But an excellent choice nevertheless. It's not only a great James Bond film, but also an apex of that mid-to-late '90s cinema in general.

That's a good choice. There are a LOT of Bond movies that do not hold up but Goldeneye does.
Not really surprising, no. But an excellent choice nevertheless. It's not only a great James Bond film, but also an apex of that mid-to-late '90s cinema in general.
Free on prime video so why not? With the game getting a rereleasing and having not played it either, why not celebrate getting into the franchise?

Free on prime video so why not? With the game getting a rereleasing and having not played it either, why not celebrate getting into the franchise?
Make the next one The Spy Who Loved Me. That's my personal favorite. It has everything, gigantic sea bases, Jaws, Ringo Starr's wife, Carly Simon song and that awesome underwater Lotus Esprit. I still want a Lego set of that Esprit.

Make the next one The Spy Who Loved Me. That's my personal favorite. It has everything, gigantic sea bases, Jaws, Ringo Starr's wife, Carly Simon song and that awesome underwater Lotus Esprit. I still want a Lego set of that Esprit.

It is undoubtedly one of the very best films in the entire franchise, and I would gladly second the recommendation. Bond '77.

Watching my first ever James Bond movie to celebrate Goldeneye coming to NSO so I can join in on the fun when it releases. Shouldn’t be too hard to figure out which one

Hint: Goldeneye
Goldeneye is Brosnan’s best Bond movie by far. Although it doesn’t exactly have much in the way of competition. His three other 007 movies range from just ok to bad. He’s still the person I picture when I think of James Bond, though.

Goldeneye is Brosnan’s best Bond movie by far. Although it doesn’t exactly have much in the way of competition. His three other 007 movies range from just ok to bad. He’s still the person I picture when I think of James Bond, though.
The World is Not Enough is partially redeemed by having the best Bond theme ever but yeah, it’s sort of a shame his movies were so uneven. I liked him as Bond.

Hopefully next time we get a good Bond and consistently good movies, which seems to be the challenge for the franchise.

How do you guys/ gals keep track of all the indie games releasing? I know there was a bunch announced in June I was interested in, now I forgot what they were called…

I just use the eShop wishlist feature to keep track of indie games. They send you an email when a game goes on sale.
This year I uh, kinda stopped, which is odd for me. Every year on Switch I try to play a few indies because they're so good and fun for gaming.

I guess it's because I started 2022 catching up on 2021, and since March I've always had RPGs on the go (Triangle Strategy, Mass Effect Legendary Edition two thirds done, Pokemon Legends, Live Alive, Sunbreak, Xenoblade 3...). That's probably close to 300 hours of gaming right there this year alone. Gulp.

I do want to get Elechead, though, and I do keep an eShop wishlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom