• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking at this screenshot (its the brightest I could find) I feel that this game is rather mute in colors, specially after Live a Live. Don't get me wrong it looks amazing (its the 2.0 version) and I am super excited for the game but I feel that the presentation lacks the oomph it could have. Maybe its just me.

The Harvestella demo got me to buy Rune Factory 4 Special. Game is fantastic and I'm upset I've not gotten around to it sooner.

Soon to be posting from @chocolate_supra 's account:

maxresdefault.jpg

All Encore games were scrapped unfortunately, except for Mr. Driller and Klonoa.

It's high time for a Tekken collection or remasters. Ridge Racer as well.
Back when Klonoa was officially announced, some people noticed that the Splatterhouse Encore trademark was gone. It could come back, of course, but it seems it isn't among Bamco's priorities right now.
Maybe is just the branding they're moving from? After all, Pac-Man World Re-Pac would fit right in with Katamari, Klonoa and Mr. Driller, and they didn't use it in Japan..

Not that I love Splatterhouse 2010, but I'd always welcome older games having a second chance;

Either one of those would be great
Tekken having any sort of representation on Switch is overdue, especially with Kazuya in Smash.

Last edited:
Maybe is just the branding they're moving from? After all, Pac-Man World Re-Pac would fit right in with Katamari, Klonoa and Mr. Driller, and didn't use it in Japan..

Not that I love Splatterhouse 2010, but I'd always welcome older games having a second chance;

That's true, like Klonoa the Pac-Man World game was done by Now Production. And I'm sure we'll see more of those 3D games remastered. This is what I was referring to:

Did you describe humans but accidentally type "horses" instead..?
noooope horses are more broken than us

they evolved to be bad at breathing because when they run their organs flop against their lungs so hard that it forces respiration

so they’re terrible at getting oxygen where it needs to go

and they evolved to store air in their bones to compensate

meaning when they break a leg they can’t fuckin’ oxygenate right

and their cardiovascular system has a fucked up pace where blood comes back too fast from their hooves and it’s a problem — the whole cadence of their blood is fighting against their bodies

plus all that gut jostling that pumps their lungs when running? it means their stomach (etc) lining has to be more twangy and makes them much more prone to ulcers and shit just for fun

evolved into an animal in perpetual heavy anxiety that can neither breathe or pump blood well and has all systems imperiled if a leg goes snap

This popped up in my Youtube feed

I still remember the reaction to this. "How can Nintendo sell a Wii U port at full price?". Weirdly I remember a lot of people complaining about how they waited till September to announce it instead of it being at E3. It of course would go on to sell over 10 million copies.

Remember that as well, it was a bit jarring to be honest, haha.

I'm happy it found a larger audience, because it is after all a rather excellent title. The game contains some of the finest course designs in the history of the franchise I think. Also approved by Jeremy Parish!

I'm at a point in my life where all I can think of is Fire Emblem Engage and I still have to wait 4 months.. I might buy Triangle Strategy or Tactics Ogre to fill the void in my heart

they evolved to be bad at breathing because when they run their organs flop against their lungs so hard that it forces respiration

and their cardiovascular system has a fucked up pace where blood comes back too fast from their hooves and it’s a problem — the whole cadence of their blood is fighting against their bodies

plus all that gut jostling that pumps their lungs when running? it means their stomach (etc) lining has to be more twangy and makes them much more prone to ulcers and shit just for fun

evolved into an animal in perpetual heavy anxiety that can neither breathe or pump blood well and has all systems imperiled if a leg goes snap
FcpvyQ_XgAAxdC9

Sheesh, what a mess. I sure hope someone is working on a patch to fix this right now.

I'm at a point in my life where all I can think of is Fire Emblem Engage and I still have to wait 4 months.. I might buy Triangle Strategy or Tactics Ogre to fill the void in my heart
Every time I rewatch its trailer, I end up liking it a bit more, haha. Really hyped by now!

The Harvestella demo got me to buy Rune Factory 4 Special. Game is fantastic and I'm upset I've not gotten around to it sooner.
Welcome to the farm sim cult, we have giant turnips and freshly laid eggs. But no kidding, RF4S is fantastic.

Speaking of demos, I just played through several that I had downloaded on my Switch:
  • DioField Chronicle is sort of like an RTS, because I felt like I wanted a mouse to control my units. The control scheme is decent for what it is, and it’s a tidy AA JRPG. Overall though I don’t think I’ll be picking up the game.
  • Tinykin was pretty good. I love love love the Toy Story-esque vibe of the levels. The controls aren’t that smooth (not bad but it’s missing that last 10% of gamefeel tweaking) but it’s at least mitigated by the generous glide ability. I roamed around the second available map for around half an hour and decided to stop, because I’m definitely buying the game.
  • Jack Move initially ensnared me when I saw its battle screen, and it really is cool. Kind of basic turn order battle system; the full game might open up more on that front.
  • Sol Cresta looks kinda ugly. Not stylish at all. I do dig being able to assume different formations with your ship, though I’m not sure what advantages those confer. Seems fine and had a neat gimmick but there are other, better shoot em up experiences on the system.
  • Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle is passable. Its gamefeel didn’t really click with me, it felt a little stiff. Nonetheless it was worth playing just to have Jolyne beat up Dio.
  • Resident Evil 8 Cloud Version I’m pleasantly surprised wasn’t a lag fest.
  • Anno Mutationem kinda surprised me with its exploration segments. Kinda cool moving in a 3D environment peppered with spritework.
So basically it’s really only Tinykin that I’ve decided to buy, which reminds me that demos apparently hurt video game sales. Sorry devs but please keep on making demos, they really help inform my purchase decisions

Looking at this screenshot (its the brightest I could find) I feel that this game is rather mute in colors, specially after Live a Live. Don't get me wrong it looks amazing (its the 2.0 version) and I am super excited for the game but I feel that the presentation lacks the oomph it could have. Maybe its just me.

Really? I think it looks MUCH better than LiveALive, it's kind of stunning how gorgeous it looks. Easily the best-looking HD2D game yet. It uses shadows and darker colors a bit more than LAL maybe, but while that game was brighter maybe it had nowhere near this level of detail or contrast. It often looked much 'flatter' for lack of a better term

All Encore games were scrapped unfortunately, except for Mr. Driller and Klonoa.

I hope they do a port of Tekken 8 even if it takes a different studio to do a different game.

We already had Tekken on the 3DS and other Nintendo platforms.

There's definitely an absence of AAA games from 3rd party publishers this gen for the Switch like we had on the Wii. Lots of games had to be outsourced to a different developer that would go on to make an entirely new game but we haven't gotten anything like that.

I guess with the Switch selling like it is, they just don't care about making those games anymore I suppose.

I still remember the reaction to this. "How can Nintendo sell a Wii U port at full price?". Weirdly I remember a lot of people complaining about how they waited till September to announce it instead of it being at E3. It of course would go on to sell over 10 million copies.

The only thing I think of when I watch this trailer is how they implemented Mario into New Super Luigi U and show him in one of its levels (even with the floaty physics) but took it out for the final release 😭

At the end of the day its still a great 2D Mario and the only traditional one (besides NSO). I too am guilty of buying it again because I loved it back in the Wii U.

bit too dramatic, no? he's not the first insider to get something wrong, and won't be the last. i guess it's commendable that he's taking some accountability tho, a lot of them just stay silent when they get something wrong and only take victory laps when they get something right.

The only thing I think of when I watch this trailer is how they implemented Mario into New Super Luigi U and show him in one of its levels (even with the floaty physics) but took it out for the final release 😭
doesn't it have these weird Mario Boxes where you can change characters/physics? Or am I remembering wrong?

Still in that weird, dazed, dreamy sensation when I think about that Tears of the Kingdom is a thing now.
just imagine the real hype trailer in the vein of the 2017 presentation trailer.... I'll probably faint.

doesn't it have these weird Mario Boxes where you can change characters/physics? Or am I remembering wrong?
It doesn't change who you play as - just gives you the physics. Ironically I don't love it, since the game is very much built around Luigi's style, but it is there for an extra way to approach the game. Mario himself though is locked to that trailer appearance.

It doesn't change who you play as - just gives you the physics. Ironically I don't love it, since the game is very much built around Luigi's style, but it is there for an extra way to approach the game. Mario himself though is locked to that trailer appearance.
Oh I really thought you'd play as Mario... I definitely remembered wrong then.

just imagine the real hype trailer in the vein of the 2017 presentation trailer.... I'll probably faint.
We've seen so little of the game so far, this is what I can't wait for. Hard to believe that the game is less than 8 months away - it's actually very nearly the same window of time from when XC3 was revealed to when it was supposed to release (before it moved up). I don't think we'll see the game again before MAYBE TGA at the earliest (probably more likely Jan/Feb Direct), so we've still got a bit of a wait, but it's not too long in the grand scheme of things.

Someone said he still thinks Prime is coming this holiday?
Yes. He's been consistent on that since the direct. Hopefully for him he's right cause if not it's going to be like how it was when the MP trilogy was reported as false....but probably worse. I fear he over thought this whole thing and kind of pinned himself into a corner.

Someone said he still thinks Prime is coming this holiday?
Yeah. I'm sorry, but that is absolutely not happening and I'm afraid he's going to get blasted for that later. Honestly I'm not sure if it's real at this point. It could be something Nintendo made up to catch sources and Retro made something else instead. This whole situation has been downright bizarre.

Talking about ResetEra is fine, but doing so only to complain potentially stokes cross-forum drama and is generally unnecessary. Please try to keep this in mind. -hologram, Irene, Josh5890
Wonderful posts over at ResetEra again about the Jeff Grubb video. You can't win with some people.

Yeah. I'm sorry, but that is absolutely not happening and I'm afraid he's going to get blasted for that later. Honestly I'm not sure if it's real at this point. It could be something Nintendo made up to catch sources and Retro made something else instead. This whole situation has been downright bizarre.
There are so many people now who said its real, including Emily, that I am inclined to believe in the rumors. Also all the contract work for a finished project at Retro that ended just a few years ago.

It also just makes too much sense with Prime 4 on the horizon.

I remember the reaction being "why didn't they bought either Maker or 3D World instead? There are three "mainline" Mario games on the Wii U and they're porting the worst one"

Of course, both Maker and 3D World would eventually land on the Switch in some form, but this one outsold them both. It's a shame because it is indeed the worst one

F-Zero is back
Jodie Summers is that you?!

Booooo I was hoping they’d remaster We ❤️ Katamari. Why can’t we have nice things?

I honestly can’t see Tekken going the compilation route for some reason. Which is weird because Capcom has turned out two compilations so far this gen (and they had better be working on a Marvel one). I’ve always assumed if they do anything with the older Tekken games it’ll be remasters of 3 and TT to start and whichever other ones were equally popular.

Tekken having any sort of representation on Switch is overdue, especially with Kazuya in Smash.
It’s weird because we also got TT2 as a Wii U launch title. I would’ve expected Namco to try again by now.

Talking about ResetEra is fine, but doing so only to complain potentially stokes cross-forum drama and is generally unnecessary. Please try to keep this in mind. - Aurc, Red Monster, Josh5890, Donnie
Wonderful posts over at ResetEra again about the Jeff Grubb video. You can't win with some people.
nope. They are miserable people over there haha. Idt they realize how toxic they are

There are so many people now who said its real, including Emily, that I am inclined to believe in the rumors. Also all the contract work for a finished project at Retro that ended just a few years ago.

It also just makes too much sense with Prime 4 on the horizon.
I know there's a project done at Retro. That's why I said they might have worked on something else instead. All I know is that everybody's been saying that Metroid Prime is coming this holiday for months and it's the middle of September, the release schedule is stacked until February, and the game was absent from the latest Direct. I'm just skeptical at this point. This is the second time I've gotten burned on a Metroid rumor.

Really? I think it looks MUCH better than LiveALive, it's kind of stunning how gorgeous it looks. Easily the best-looking HD2D game yet. It uses shadows and darker colors a bit more than LAL maybe, but while that game was brighter maybe it had nowhere near this level of detail or contrast. It often looked much 'flatter' for lack of a better term
I agree that it looks gorgeous as it is the 2.0 version of HD-2D, and Live a Live was the 1.4 version. I think its the darker colors that somewhat don't gel with me, at the moment. But I think the "flatness" of LAL made sense because it was a short story is a small place so the need of camera work and angles was not needed so the focus on having popping colors was maybe easier. Regardless, I know once I played it I will enjoy it, specially on the oled.

I remember the reaction being "why didn't they bought either Maker or 3D World instead? There are three "mainline" Mario games on the Wii U and they're porting the worst one"

Of course, both Maker and 3D World would eventually land on the Switch in some form, but this one outsold them both. It's a shame because it is indeed the worst one
To be fair to 3D World, 9.4 million sold after a year is very strong performance, given that NSMBU took three years to reach 13.3 million units, it's very reassuring. A shame about Mario Maker not getting there though!

I know there's a project done at Retro. That's why I said they might have worked on something else instead. All I know is that everybody's been saying that Metroid Prime is coming this holiday for months and it's the middle of September, the release schedule is stacked until February, and the game was absent from the latest Direct. I'm just skeptical at this point. This is the second time I've gotten burned on a Metroid rumor.
Totally understandable. As far as I know Jeff is the only one who commits to a holiday season tho. Nate and Emily just say that it exists and that it will come out when Nintendo feels like it.

No offense to Jeff but Emily backing the rumor again and again is probably the biggest reason to me why it must be real.

To be fair to 3D World, 9.4 million sold after a year is very strong performance, given that NSMBU took three years to reach 13.3 million units, it's very reassuring. A shame about Mario Maker not getting there though!
Yeah I think the release order was also very strategic, 3D World was going to sell well regardless whereas I think if U Deluxe came out second it would have struggled (especially if Maker was already out - not that Maker sold anywhere near as many copies, but to anyone who bought it would mostly maker U Deluxe redundant)

It is a shame about Maker. The stuff people have been able to make is crazy and even just one more major update would have been amazing. I hope they release another one some day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom