• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 2 of Thread Game Questions Starts Now! Questions Here!
  • We are officially entering Round 2 of the thread questions game! This round was inspired by the upcoming Tokyo Game Show which I'm hoping we'll see some cool games at. Don't forget, pizza pictures and posts are welcome all month long!

Round 2: Splatember 11 – 20th. (Tokyo Game Show time!)

Question 1: What is your favorite anime and/or cartoons and why? Share the OPs if you want!

Question 2: Take one of your favorite anime or cartoons and design a game around it and/or vice versa by taking one of your favorite games and tell us how you want it adapted into an anime, cartoon, or movie. If you have an idea for a sequel or spin off adaption that’s cool too!

Future of the Direct Speculation Thread Will Be Decided By Community Discussion In The Future.
  • I know this question will pop up. I can't quote the direct post since the thread was locked, but I don't think @Josh5890 will mind me quoting him here so people are aware. This is the last post from the 3rd Direct Speculation Thread:

Thank you for participating in this lively thread. It has been a roller coaster for all of us. Since the next Nintendo General Direct has been announced, we will be closing this thread. We would like to have a community discussion before the next Direct Speculation ST is created so that the timing is ideal.
    Edit: Since I made this threadmark, want to add Hologram’s post from the next page so you have the full context.

We're open to whatever the community wants - the main purpose of that post was to gently remind people to not just open a new one without discussing with staff. Last time we had the discussion, there were certainly people in favor of a year-round thread, but my impression was they were in the minority

Last edited:
    Round 3 Of The Thread Questions Game Begins Now! Questions Here! Also Feel Free To Answer Any Questions You Missed This Month!
  • Ok! We are officially entering Round 3 of the Thread Questions Game! You all have some awesome taste in anime and cartoons and it was a ton of fun seeing responses come in. This last round celebrates both Trails From Zero, which comes out on September 27, and the upcoming one year Anniversary of Famiboards (aka the Famiversary!).

Round 3: Splatember 21 – 30th. (Trails From Zero and Famiboards Anniversary time!)

Question 1: What previously unlocalized game or games do you want to see brought to Switch with a definitive release? Alternately, what classic game (more than ten years old) would you like brought back on Switch with a definitive release? Feel free to answer both questions and share any QOL additions/improvements you’d like to see! Secret bonus question: what lesser known Switch games do you highly recommend?

Question 2: Share your favorite memories from the first year of Famiboards and share your personal hopes, dreams, and goals for Year 2. These answers can speak to your time here on Fami, your life in general, or a mix of both!

If you missed any prior rounds, feel free to answer them any time before the end of the month! This thread has definitely had a Before the Direct and a After the Direct phase of its life and sometimes we all just get busy (I know I was this month!). These questions and the pizza pics have mainly been a fun way to encourage discussion and community so please feel free to answer any you missed or expand on any of your answers as you please. After reading about some of the great Western cartoon picks, I know I plan to answer Round 2 again myself!

Round 1: September Splatember 1 – 10th. (Splatoon time!)

Question 1: What is your favorite multiplayer game and/or memory?
    Question 2: Animal themed games are becoming more and more popular. We had Untitled Goose Game a few years ago and this month we have Stray releasing physically and of course Splatoon 3, a very scientifically accurate Squid experience. What animal themed game do you want to see next and what does it roughly look like if you were to design it?

Round 2: Splatember 11 – 20th. (Tokyo Game Show time!)

Question 1: What is your favorite anime and/or cartoons and why? Share the OPs if you want!
    Question 2: Take one of your favorite anime or cartoons and design a game around it and/or vice versa by taking one of your favorite games and tell us how you want it adapted into an anime, cartoon, or movie. If you have an idea for a sequel or spin off adaption that’s cool too!

Round 3: Splatember 21 – 30th. (Trails From Zero and Famiboards Anniversary time!)

Question 1: What previously unlocalized game or games do you want to see brought to Switch with a definitive release? Alternately, what classic game (more than ten years old) would you like brought back on Switch with a definitive release? Feel free to answer both questions and share any QOL additions/improvements you’d like to see! Secret bonus question: what lesser known Switch games do you highly recommend?
    Question 2: Share your favorite memories from the first year of Famiboards and share your personal hopes, dreams, and goals for Year 2. These answers can speak to your time here on Fami, your life in general, or a mix of both!

Bonus 7th Question Of Sorts: All Month Long!

Share a picture of any awesome pizza you have or make this month! Pizza is my favorite food.

While I'm here, I did post a big thread about Trails From Zero tonight. If you ever wanted to know more about why I love it and why you might be interested in it, here you go!

Team JRPG Wins The First Fami Splatfest!
  • It’s official now, Team JRPG won the first ever Fami Splatfest! 220 members of Fami voted and Team JRPG claimed 132 votes while Team Squid claimed 88. It’s a perfect 60 to 40 split! Thank you to everyone who participated! You can see who joined your team by clicking on the two teams in the poll above.

While the Fami Splatfest is over, don’t forget the Thread Questions game runs to the end of the thread!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Back
    Top Bottom