• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm updating my parent-in-laws' PC from Windows 8, I fear that something goes wrong and I will be hearing about it until the end of time

Round 2 of Thread Game Questions Starts Now! Questions Here!
We are officially entering Round 2 of the thread questions game! This round was inspired by the upcoming Tokyo Game Show which I'm hoping we'll see some cool games at. Don't forget, pizza pictures and posts are welcome all month long!

Round 2: Splatember 11 – 20th. (Tokyo Game Show time!)

Question 1: What is your favorite anime and/or cartoons and why? Share the OPs if you want!

Question 2: Take one of your favorite anime or cartoons and design a game around it and/or vice versa by taking one of your favorite games and tell us how you want it adapted into an anime, cartoon, or movie. If you have an idea for a sequel or spin off adaption that’s cool too!

Well, my Saturday was complete and utter garbage. I will compensate by doing absolutely nothing today.

No one can stop me.

Wait, what? A new Trackmania got announced? Hell yeah!

Edit: Ugh, it's "F"2P, thanks, Ubisoft.

Today is voting day here in Sweden - it's so close no one can really guess the outcome.
It's going to be a thriller.

Nintendo Direct this week #believe

(that hashtag hurt me to type)

Question 1: What is your favorite anime and/or cartoons and why? Share the OPs if you want!
This is like asking me what my favorite book or movie is— I can’t pick just one. I did rewatch Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita recently and it’s still a startlingly inventive satire on modern human society.

Question 2: Take one of your favorite anime or cartoons and design a game around it and/or vice versa by taking one of your favorite games and tell us how you want it adapted into an anime, cartoon, or movie. If you have an idea for a sequel or spin off adaption that’s cool too!
One Piece Fighterz is the dream. Either that or build an RPG based on Greed Island from Hunter X Hunter.

Nintendo Direct this week #believe

(that hashtag hurt me to type)

This is like asking me what my favorite book or movie is— I can’t pick just one. I did rewatch Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita recently and it’s still a startlingly inventive satire on modern human society.

One Piece Fighterz is the dream. Either that or build an RPG based on Greed Island from Hunter X Hunter.
Ooh never watched that one, I recognized it as soon as I google'd the OP.

I'm a huge Arc System Works fan, so bring on all the FighterZ! I still need to watch Hunter X Hunter! I love Yu Yu Hakusho by the same author so I've always wanted to check it out. Just have to make the time.

Ooh never watched that one, I recognized it as soon as I google'd the OP.
Perfect excuse to post out of context clips of that anime:

Though to be fair it might not make much sense even with context

I'm a huge Arc System Works fan, so bring on all the FighterZ!
Yeah seriously just make a Fighterz game each for Bleach, MHA, Naruto, Undead Unluck,I will buy them all

I still need to watch Hunter X Hunter!
Definitely watch it when you can, it is quite a singular experience

hey guys do you think we will see the new 2d mario game at next weeks direct? apparently its been done for a while?
Might get delayed to coincide with Mario movie release? Not sure.

hey guys do you think we will see the new 2d mario game at next weeks direct? apparently its been done for a while?
There's no major rumor of a 2D Mario being done for a while, but a Mario platformer appearing is a safe guess. It's been a long time since both Odyssey and Mario Maker 2 which are the two main teams. A DK game is rumored to exist from EPD Tokyo, so 3D Mario may or may not take a while depending if it is a second team or the main team.

Perfect excuse to post out of context clips of that anime:

Though to be fair it might not make much sense even with context

Yeah seriously just make a Fighterz game each for Bleach, MHA, Naruto, Undead Unluck,I will buy them all

Definitely watch it when you can, it is quite a singular experience

Might get delayed to coincide with Mario movie release? Not sure.

Ha that clip was wild. Never saw anything prior except the OP. Yeah I'm definitely curious to check it out at some point now.

Booting up HFW this morning, and I don't remember the last time I played a game where there's such a discrepancy between my opinion regarding story and gameplay. The story is not grabbing me whatsoever, and I'm half tempted to either doom scroll when a long cutscene comes, or simply skip it. Maybe it's because I didn't play the first game to completion, but I don't think that really matters - I think a great story in a game shouldn't hinge on whether or not you've played the game before it.

But HFW is very, very, fun to play. I can't get enough of slow-mo-ing and hit dinos in their weak spots and hear them get torn away with a satisfying clang. And the world is stunning. I guess that's what ultimately matters, at least for me here, in this kind of game.

I have been trying to find this for awhile but no luck so far....

Wasn't there an interview where Aonuma said that it would be weird or something if Zelda was playable since the game series is called "The Legend of Zelda."
Been looking all morning and would appreciate if anyone could find it, or perhaps I am misremembering.

Just been going through a box of my old stuff. Found my OG SMW cartridge from release and my Link to the Past box. Some insane memories of love right there.

0-EF18-C8-E-46-B5-4-A33-B601-F5-C52152728-A.jpg

CBAC8967-7358-4-A5-D-8960-9351-A5199561.jpg

Anyone have any experience with acute reactive arthritis? I'm gonna take some Aleve when I get it but I'm trying to see what else I can do, this pain gets unbearable at times.

I have been trying to find this for awhile but no luck so far....

Wasn't there an interview where Aonuma said that it would be weird or something if Zelda was playable since the game series is called "The Legend of Zelda."
Been looking all morning and would appreciate if anyone could find it, or perhaps I am misremembering.
I only remember him saying if Zelda was playable what would Link be doing. Maybe you're talking about a different instance, then I don't know sorry. Anyway the one I'm talking about can be found here.

I only remember him saying if Zelda was playable what would Link be doing. Maybe you're talking about a different instance, then I don't know sorry. Anyway the one I'm talking about can be found here.
Thanks for trying, I already found that one while looking... I think it was in an IGN interview? I remember it rather clearly, but all my searching has failed thus far.

Anyone have any experience with acute reactive arthritis? I'm gonna take some Aleve when I get it but I'm trying to see what else I can do, this pain gets unbearable at times.
Aleve should work, you can take a 250mg tablet twice a day for now. And you can put a cold compress on the affected joints.

Aleve should work, you can take a 250mg tablet twice a day for now. And you can put a cold compress on the affected joints.
I soaked it in hot water for a bit last night and that felt great too, might switch off hot and cold.

@Josh5890 remember when we thought this would be a limited release and the saga of getting this game (at least for me). Seems like Spike Chunsoft really is delivering with the physical versions since AI Somnium Files seems to be readily available as well.

Just been going through a box of my old stuff. Found my OG SMW cartridge from release and my Link to the Past box. Some insane memories of love right there.

0-EF18-C8-E-46-B5-4-A33-B601-F5-C52152728-A.jpg

CBAC8967-7358-4-A5-D-8960-9351-A5199561.jpg
damn. That must have been a great find.

@Josh5890 remember when we thought this would be a limited release and the saga of getting this game (at least for me). Seems like Spike Chunsoft really is delivering with the physical versions since AI Somnium Files seems to be readily available as well.

LOL, tell me about it. I saw it the deal on Wario64 and thought "are you kidding me?"

I have only managed to play through one of the games so far lol.

I am seeing so many videos about liberated people greeting and hugging Ukranian soldiers. Really emotional, hard hitting stuff.

Random stuff spotted at the pharmacy today:

UGY9CQe.jpg

I didn't know @chocolate_supra lived so close to me!

YkP1JRM.jpg

And did these exist before Nintendo started doing their latest Game & Watch line?
Lol. Sega is good at the sonic merch for sure. Yesterday my kid asked me to put on a temporary tattoo and it was sonic. We put it on the back of the leg so as to impart Sonic’s speed.

We are officially entering Round 2 of the thread questions game! This round was inspired by the upcoming Tokyo Game Show which I'm hoping we'll see some cool games at. Don't forget, pizza pictures and posts are welcome all month long!

Question 1: My favorite anime of all time Is Wolf's Rain. Something about the mysterious lack of explanation of things is really intriguing to me, and the characters are phenomenal. I rarely cry watching anything but this one gets me multiple times. It just has such a cool mood and atmosphere to it.

Runner Ups are Madoka Magica (absolute best single episode of an anime of all time? Ep... 10 I think?), FMA, and Cowboy Bebop

Question 2: I have no idea how you'd make a game out of Wolf's Rain, but I could see a Madoka game: Make it a Persona-like RPG. Your main character is one of the girls in school, and you get your powers near the beginning. You spend your time mixed between life sim/school/socializing stuff, and going out to take down witches by night. Having dungeons set in the bizarre witch domains would be super cool.

Splatoon 3 campaign was great fun. If I had to rank it I'd probably put it on par with Octo-Expansion, maybe a little bit ahead:
Splatoon 3 >= Octo-Expansion > Splatoon 1 > Splatoon 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom