• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, this is getting weird.

Luckily, it's WFH for me today, so fuck woooork, gaming it is <3
Let's just say I'm glad my important work stuff is going down tomorrow rather than today, and I have already prepared for it well in advance, lol.

I woke up this morning, saw that someone from work messaged me with work related questions (while I left a pretty clear message last Friday) and told them

That sucks! But it’s my vacation so please contact our other colleague!

I put away my phone, turned around and let out a satisfied sigh.

There is rumors it will be announced today. The source is good. When exactly is unknown, but in 2.5 hours is the safe bet.
The announcement could come at 9am eastern or 10am eastern. If 9am comes and goes, there might be a lot of doom posting in the speculation thread..

Unfortunately, due to server crashes caused by extremely heavy traffic today in anticipation of a possible Nintendo Direct announcement, Famiboards has temporarily been made available for members only. Please understand.
Omg that last line
Holy shit yall 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

RIP Speculation Thread. General Thread I hope you've enjoyed your rest, because it's time to take back the crown.

I was wondering where the new thread was after being hyped about the direct, turned out I accidentally put it on ignore it in my excitement 😂

In theory both threads have perfectly valid reasons for existing. In practice this thread died and spec was also home to general OT shitposting. I loved the spec thread for what it was of course, and I imagine it drew in a lot of new faces! I just found it typically rather overwhelming.

Let's start a thread war and do our best to keep this thread as the top pinned thread at all times.
Is there a "Not" missing here lol EDIT: oh or do you mean that the pinned threads re-order based on latest post as well?

In all of the Direct hype, don't want it to get lost Toem is getting a big free update soon. I played it on Switch and it was awesome!

Whaaat no way! I haven't even finished it yet, nice. It's a great Switch port indeed.

Future of the Direct Speculation Thread Will Be Decided By Community Discussion In The Future.
I know this question will pop up. I can't quote the direct post since the thread was locked, but I don't think @Josh5890 will mind me quoting him here so people are aware. This is the last post from the 3rd Direct Speculation Thread:

Thank you for participating in this lively thread. It has been a roller coaster for all of us. Since the next Nintendo General Direct has been announced, we will be closing this thread. We would like to have a community discussion before the next Direct Speculation ST is created so that the timing is ideal.
Edit: Since I made this threadmark, want to add Hologram’s post from the next page so you have the full context.

We're open to whatever the community wants - the main purpose of that post was to gently remind people to not just open a new one without discussing with staff. Last time we had the discussion, there were certainly people in favor of a year-round thread, but my impression was they were in the minority

Last edited:
I hope that the Direct thread doesn't open until late December at the earliest. We all need some time to breathe.
Yeah, it really has been non-stop since May due to how Nintendo decided to space everything out this Summer, hopefully it doesn't happen again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom