• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did! I thought it was very well done.

Every October, my husband and I do a horror movie marathon. It would be fun to go back and re-watch the older Scream films.
That’s awesome! Scream is such a “cozy” horror series.

If you do end up rewatching them, I’d love to know your favourite Ghostface. The Scream community varies so much on who their favourite killer is, which is a testament to how strong all 5 films are! Feel free to DM :)

Speaking for myself, I'm definitely retiring from Nintendo rumors. For the longest time, I've wanted to start a blog about old classic films and traveling. I absolutely adore the Nintendo fan community, but sometimes the negativity gets mentally draining. As a parent, my main priority is my family.
Fully understand that. I would be broken after a week with how people act around insiders.
The blog idea sounds great and I hope that it will turn out great if you decide to do it.

Speaking for myself, I'm definitely retiring from Nintendo rumors. For the longest time, I've wanted to start a blog about old classic films and traveling. I absolutely adore the Nintendo fan community, but sometimes the negativity gets mentally draining. As a parent, my main priority is my family.

Protect your energy first Emily!

Still kind of taken aback by how abruptly and definitively summer ended this year. Not that I'm complaining.

Wishing everyone a cosy Sunday!

No after-summer, but glad that the heatwaves are over here.

Wishing you a nice and cosy Sunday too!

Imagine years from now we will not speculate on anything, maybe just a few, if even. Everyone will get their own life.
Lemme tell you, speculating about Nintendo shit is an extremely effective way to make sure you stay sane in regards to your own life.

Haha, what a coincidence. That's literally the first movie I wrote about. 😯 One of my favorite Audrey Hepburn films. I'll have something published soon. I also wrote something about Studio Ghibli's Kiki's Delivery Service.
I liked Kiki’s Delivery service, it was the first Studio Ghibli film I watched, tho the simplicity nature of it never gets me the urge to re-watch it.

I’ve seen Graves of the Fireflies and Princess Mononoke a couple of times tho, more in tune with my type of films.

The only SG film I’ve watched and didn’t like was Howl’s moving castle. It felt like a film that they made all the beautiful animation for but forgot to add in the dialogue along the way. Never felt cohesive in the entire run time.

@Ozzie I suspect you have not ordered a Deck yet, right?
I received the email to order one but I decided not to. Unfortunately I barely have time for games these days to the point I actually got a backlog of new games for the first time in my life lol.

I'm not too fussed anymore since all the games I really want are coming to Switch.

This song hits way too hard for a PS1 licensed SRPG(game is actually pretty cool and does a ton of wild and varied stuff like having every getter to that point and allowing the joke miscombinations and half transformations) ending theme

The opening is legit too. The main ost is this funky jazz vibE

Fully understand that. I would be broken after a week with how people act around insiders.

Yeah, I'm surprised by the endurance of some of the people. King Zell/C. Tsubasa, and now Emily. Sometimes I think we don't even deserve these people. I respectfully hope that Nate will stick around.

Returning to Virginia at mid-night.

All this travelling across the island was getting to me just now, but I'll have to go through one more trip, though both the trip to Florida and then to Virginia are hours apart.

Returning to Virginia at mid-night.

All this travelling across the island was getting to me just now, but I'll have to go through one more trip, though both the trip to Florida and then to Virginia are hours apart.
enjoy Virginia, it's a beautiful state

Random day in October:

Nintendo: here's a trailer for Metroid Prime HD releasing this November.

Internet: Why the hell wasn't this at the direct?

Search your feelings you know this has a good chance of happening.
The people that deny this possibility haven't been paying attention to their goblin mode marketing during Summer.

Random day in October:

hope.gif

Eyy, happy birthday bud! All the best and hope you have a great day today!

I LOVED that movie
Oh don't get me wrong, I did too, but man I did not like how it made me scream and embarrass myself 😂 It's a solid 8/10, maybe even 9/10

I don't think anyone could blame you in the slightest, but thank you for all that you've provided us over the years in terms of speculation, discussion topics, and general shenanigans. I hope that you'll still find yourself joining us here even as a regular fan when we all want to get hyped for Nintendo announcements during their directs haha

Random day in October:

I can't tell if "the week after the Direct" or "random day in October" would be worse

I feel bad for the devs working at Rockstar. Having your unfinished work get posted online can be devastating. I remember watching an interview with Gabe Newell about the Half-Life 2 hack and he said people were coming to his office in tears.

The people that deny this possibility haven't been paying attention to their goblin mode marketing during Summer.
Yeah I keep thinking this. We haven't had an Indie World for a while, either, which is odd.

A Metroid video upload might be their way of sidestepping questions about Prime 4.

As others have said, I hope you at least stick around as a Nintendo.. uh.. outsider? 🤔

And the travel/film blog idea is awesome, make sure to keep us in the loop about it. Or crosspost some of that content here. Or crosspost and include beagle pics. Or just post beagle pics.

Sure.

I agree that Nintendo is unpredictable and anything can happen. And the below is not directly aimed at you, but more of an explanation of why I think assuming something is happening cause it is still possible, doesn't mean it will actually happen. No matter what insiders say.

Regarding Metroid Prime Remster/Remake:

From Nintendo's perspective, what's the rationale for a November release? A twenty year anniversary?

Becuase currently you have three third-party console exclusives coming out within a month of November 18th (Sparks of Hope, Harvestella, and DQ Treasures) plus Bayonetta 3 and Pokemon Scarlet/Violet. That's not even mentioning Persona 5 Royal, Sonic Frontiers, and other major third party offerings crowding that time frame.

The Switch is beyond fine this holiday. MP remake/remaster is not going to move the needle here. Crowding so many first party releases could also potentially harm your relations with third parties (evidenced by multiple comments from Ubisoft and EA, among others).

So if you take Grubb out the equation, MP remaster/remake makes little sense to release in November. A twenty year anniversary does not take precedent over software lineup initiatives. It's just a marketing angle. I don't doubt the game exists, and I think Grubb has good sources. But as he admitted in his apology video, he sometimes makes assumptions on release timing. Example being the Zelda remasters, and he got burnt. Going by what Emily and Nate have said previously, nobody knows the date for MP remaster/remake. Grubb is again making an assumption based off the anniversary, which is not how Nintendo always operates.

From an outsider perspective, to me releasing MP remake/remaster after TotK makes much more sense, considering it can be a hype starter for the next big "hardcore" Nintendo title in Metroid Prime 4, and also release much closer to said titles' release date.

I’m starting to think Nintendo will remake one of the Mario and Luigi games on Switch. I know they did a couple on 3DS already. Give me Bowser’s Inside Story at least.

Realized during yoga class this morning (yeah yeah losing focus on my breath is bad form) that any sort of Metroid anniversary related announcement would also be a really good time to introduce Game Boy / Game Boy Advance for NSO since 2/5ths of the mainline series (plus the excellent Zero Mission remake) are locked on those platforms.

There's your special Metroid mini direct

Last edited:
Now that I've basically mapped out the remaining dungeons I need (not map map but I've determined their themes and purposes) development is going pretty quickly. I'm kinda letting the choices I make in theming and purpose inform the rest of the story and progression.

Like for instance, I knew I wanted a fairy dungeon with a fairy king/queen but I wasn't quite sure what purpose it would serve. Well, in making the dungeon I realized fairies like to use tricks and illusions so maybe on the world map they've clouded/blocked a major road to a new town and in order to uncloud it you need to go defeat/talk to the fairy king/queen.

I also wanted a dungeon in the desert, and was trying to think of a neat theme when I landed on a "Mirage Temple" kinda like Hamunaptra from The Mummy. So now I need a quest/trigger in the nearby town to "de-mirage" this temple in order to gain access.

I think this is a good way of organically connecting the game world together. Letting the design focus in the dungeons and towns inform the rest of the design.

Here, check out the fairies' pet Hippopioneerephant.

m8PlgsA.png

Sure.

I agree that Nintendo is unpredictable and anything can happen. And the below is not directly aimed at you, but more of an explanation of why I think assuming something is happening cause it is still possible, doesn't mean it will actually happen. No matter what insiders say.

Regarding Metroid Prime Remster/Remake:

From Nintendo's perspective, what's the rationale for a November release? A twenty year anniversary?

Becuase currently you have three third-party console exclusives coming out within a month of November 18th (Sparks of Hope, Harvestella, and DQ Treasures) plus Bayonetta 3 and Pokemon Scarlet/Violet. That's not even mentioning Persona 5 Royal, Sonic Frontiers, and other major third party offerings crowding that time frame.

The Switch is beyond fine this holiday. MP remake/remaster is not going to move the needle here. Crowding so many first party releases could also potentially harm your relations with third parties (evidenced by multiple comments from Ubisoft and EA, among others).

So if you take Grubb out the equation, MP remaster/remake makes little sense to release in November. A twenty year anniversary does not take precedent over software lineup initiatives. It's just a marketing angle. I don't doubt the game exists, and I think Grubb has good sources. But as he admitted in his apology video, he sometimes makes assumptions on release timing. Example being the Zelda remasters, and he got burnt. Going by what Emily and Nate have said previously, nobody knows the date for MP remaster/remake. Grubb is again making an assumption based off the anniversary, which is not how Nintendo always operates.

From an outsider perspective, to me releasing MP remake/remaster after TotK makes much more sense, considering it can be a hype starter for the next big "hardcore" Nintendo title in Metroid Prime 4, and also release much closer to said titles' release date.
There's over 100m Switches out in the wild. A remaster/remake of Prime of all games isn't going to negatively affect the sales of any of the games you mentioned.

Also wouldn't make the mistake of assuming that, because people are open to something happening, it doesn't mean dead-certainty it will happen.

Yall

Last night I was at a housewarming party and the subject of Zelda came up. The thing about TotK being a direct sequel was questioned because someone said "but really aren't all Zelda games sequels?" and I described the difference between the direct "same Link, same Zelda" sequels and the games that take place generations later on the same timeline.

Which turned into me describing my understanding of the Zelda timelines, with supporting evidence from the games themselves, and..

People agreed with me..?

I seriously can't believe it. First time for everything I guess.

Random day in October:

Call them the Joker and talk about how we live in a society because that is some crazy-ass marketing right there.

images

Yall

Last night I was at a housewarming party and the subject of Zelda came up. The thing about TotK being a direct sequel was questioned because someone said "but really aren't all Zelda games sequels?" and I described the difference between the direct "same Link, same Zelda" sequels and the games that take place generations later on the same timeline.

Which turned into me describing my understanding of the Zelda timelines, with supporting evidence from the games themselves, and..

People agreed with me..?

If it makes you feel better, I don't agree with you.

Yall

People agreed with me..?

"Zelda BOTW 2 can't be a sequel because all Zelda games are sequels" is what I constantly heard.

Right next to: "The reveal of the Switch Pro is imminent" and "Trump is totally going to get arrested for this!"

(Neither have happened.)

:cautious:

There's over 100m Switches out in the wild. A remaster/remake of Prime of all games isn't going to negatively affect the sales of any of the games you mentioned.

I never said it necessarily would. But it doesn't help with the mindset that is already out there.

Specifically when you announce said title one to two months before release.

I just don't see how releasing MP remaster/remake in November it is beneficial for Nintendo in any shape or form. Not saying it won't happen, but I personally think there are plenty of factors that make it unlikely.

Also wouldn't make the mistake of assuming that, because people are open to something happening, it doesn't mean dead-certainty it will happen.

Good point. But that mindset won't be shared by everyone, and won't stop people from being disappointed and potentially lashing out on this very forum if it doesn't happen. Much less Twitter.

Tears of the Kingdom could well be the most direct Zelda sequel in the sense that we return to the same world (albeit changed and expanded), presumably characters return, and perhaps the game is also expanding on plot points and concepts from the previous game (Ganon and Malice and so on).

That doesn't really happen from Ocarina to Majora's Mask, even if the titular Ocarina of Time features. Characters return, except they're parallel versions whose relation to Hyrule is really uncertain. So yeah, it is interesting and unusual in the context of how the series normally operates.

Conspiracy Theory:

Nintendo did not show Metroid because it was TGS week. Follow me through this rabbit hole. If you take TGS and right it as number it is 20719, that address points to Mad Calf Lane, Maryland. Why is Maryland important? Well they helped out in the Apollo missions. The Goddard Space Flight Center located in Greenbelt, Maryland and established in 1959, was NASA’s first space center and today is the oldest center still in operation. And who in Metroid goes to space, Samus. Who is Samus? A intergalactic traveler (bounty hunter) that has gone to multiple planets. But has she even been to a MOON before huh? Meaning that even in the future moons are useless since no one has colonized them. So that means that Metroid proves the moon landing is fake because their is no reason to visit it. And that the reason Japan does not care about Metroid as much.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Being serious here, the fact that we might be getting(got) at least 5 metroid games (even if 3 are re-releases and counting Dread) this gen (lets say in the next 5 years) is fantastic.

Update:

I'm in Santiago de Los Caballeros, in the city airport, and on my gaming laptop (in the lobby where the gates are).

It's kinda chill but using my mouse on the seat next to me kinda sucks.

Tears of the Kingdom could well be the most direct Zelda sequel in the sense that we return to the same world (albeit changed and expanded), presumably characters return, and perhaps the game is also expanding on plot points and concepts from the previous game (Ganon and Malice and so on).

That doesn't really happen from Ocarina to Majora's Mask, even if the titular Ocarina of Time features. Characters return, except they're parallel versions whose relation to Hyrule is really uncertain. So yeah, it is interesting and unusual in the context of how the series normally operates.
Yeah, it's more akin to Zelda II or Phantom Hourglass except even those aren't that direct.

Should be leaving through the gate in the airport at Santiago at around 1:50 PM to take my flight to Crazyland, USA (I mean Florida).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom