• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna watch Thor this afternoon to hopefully get me through the worst of today's fatigue; maybe I'll have some gaming energy this evening if I do things this way.

Fresh coffee and leftover dessert as my movie snacks.

I can't remember who in the thread recommended me roku's island express but it's really fun and a steal for 5€ so thanks again <3

so the next just dance is DD only on ps5/ xbox one x and switch

FcU58ySagAAotuQ

FcUvFvTagAAS6IO

FcUymCWX0AAPhqi

Last edited:
Kinda hoping Amazon lost my copy of Splat3 so I can get a refund and just buy it digitally, because this is something else. It got closer overnight, and yet still not out for delivery.
I’ve noticed that Amazon’s Prime shipping has gotten significantly slower as of late. Like, the whole idea of Prime used to be “free two day shipping” and now basically all the time I see the “Prime shipping” option it takes a week. And Release Date Delivery has also gotten less reliable. I ordered some copies of the new Stephen King book well in advance, for example, and it arrived on Thursday despite being published, like basically all books, on Tuesday. One of those copies was a gift for a friend because it was their birthday on Tuesday and they’re a big Stephen King fan and that would have been so cool for them to have the book then but, nope, didn’t happen.

(Also, this is sort of a side note but I’ve received more and more books from them that arrived just trashed, with crumply or torn dust jackets. I’ve decided I’m pretty much done with Amazon at this point, at least for books. The savings aren’t worth the hassle at this point.)

Last edited:
(Also, this is sort of a side note but I’ve received more and more books from them that arrived just trashed, with crumply or torn dust jackets. I’ve decided I’m pretty much done with Amazon at this point, at least for books. The savings aren’t worth the hassle at this point.)
Yeah, I only use Amazon to wishlist books, and then I get them from Barnes & Noble, since they know how to actually treat and ship books.

I have some bad news. You have a bad cart there. Here is my game. Zelda logo is too small and the stuff on the bottom half is out of place.

tPA1Vta.jpg
I agree, other cartridge looked fake unfortunately, even before you posted yours to compare.
God damn it. That’s money down the drain and the flea market is over an hour away so it’s not an easy trip to go back to. Damn it all. I blame Ganon for this. @Dragoncaine

God damn it. That’s money down the drain and the flea market is over an hour away so it’s not an easy trip to go back to. Damn it all. I blame Ganon for this. @Dragoncaine
Don't let yourself get beaten up over it. I've been collecting games for over 15 years and I've been burned a few times. It happens. If there is a game that you are eyeing, do some research online to familiarize yourself with the labels. Sometimes they are easy to spot, sometimes they are a lot harder.

N64 games have counterfeit issues, but it isn't too bad. There are still far more legit copies than fakes. GBA games on the other hand are a disaster. I pitty anyone that attempts to collect the Pokémon games these days. It is truly a minefield.

Don't let yourself get beaten up over it. I've been collecting games for over 15 years and I've been burned a few times. It happens. If there is a game that you are eyeing, do some research online to familiarize yourself with the labels. Sometimes they are easy to spot, sometimes they are a lot harder. N64 games have counterfeit issues, but it isn't too bad. GBA games on the other hand are a disaster. I pitty anyone that attempts to collect the Pokémon games these days. It is truly a minefield.
Thanks for letting me know. I’ll try to keep a better eye out at flea markets. First time I’ve really been scammed like this at one.

At least I can still trust the retro game stores I go regularly like where I got f zero x which worked good

Don't let yourself get beaten up over it. I've been collecting games for over 15 years and I've been burned a few times. It happens. If there is a game that you are eyeing, do some research online to familiarize yourself with the labels. Sometimes they are easy to spot, sometimes they are a lot harder.

N64 games have counterfeit issues, but it isn't too bad. There are still far more legit copies than fakes. GBA games on the other hand are a disaster. I pitty anyone that attempts to collect the Pokémon games these days. It is truly a minefield.
I still can't believe I found a copy of Leafgreen for 25 bucks at a pawn shop earlier this year lol.

also yeah, I've been suckered into accidentally buying counterfeit N64 games on eBay

hah found my DBS TCG deck(and likely the rest of the cards too, or at least a chunk of them). I once managed to spam all the special beam cannons in my deck in one term. Also even tho I wasn’t ever able to have enough to run him well, Announcer has to be my fave random commander from this game, so ridiculously thematic. But those cards alone weren’t strong enough to make an op deck
IMG_5758.jpg

I’m so hype for this. It’s been an open secret for months, but still, we’re getting a dang Werewolf by Night movie XD

FcUNQoeaUAA4QOG

@EvilChameleon you been watching this US Open? I think you were into tennis (sorry if it was someone else). Excited to see the new blood finally do something. A little sad that Tiafoe didn’t make the final but yeah two best bets for the next multi major winners did make it. Though still think Nadal and Joker will be dominant next season.

@EvilChameleon you been watching this US Open? I think you were into tennis (sorry if it was someone else). Excited to see the new blood finally do something. A little sad that Tiafoe didn’t make the final but yeah two best bets for the next multi major winners did make it. Though still think Nadal and Joker will be dominant next season.
Yup that's me. I make the grand slam threads over on Era, and have been doing so for a handful of years now.

I am specifically not allowed to ban people for Anti-Subway Rhetoric
I would totally believe you if you told me this was an actual conversation that was had during the building of the site and the laying of ground rules.

I guess when the Aussie starts I will make sure to contribute over there. That’s my favorite for no real reason.
I love tuning into ESPN during the doldrums of a typical Ohio January Winter and being whisked away to the hot and sunny land down under every year.

Folks, let me introduce to you our official Game of Thrones ST!

Got some powerful melancholy tonight gang, but I think/hope it's good, reflective melancholy, partially originating from the novel I'm reading (Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow, Gabrielle Zevin).

Folks, let me introduce to you our official Game of Thrones ST!

A StarTopic of Ice and Fire

I saw a commercial that said "Forget everything you know about video games." So I did.

Then the commercial tried to sell me video games but I didn’t know what the hell they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom