• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Splatoon 3 campaign was great fun. If I had to rank it I'd probably put it on par with Octo-Expansion, maybe a little bit ahead:
Splatoon 3 >= Octo-Expansion > Splatoon 1 > Splatoon 2
honestly it really surprised me how much I enjoyed it. It is probably the first campaign I am willing to replay. Well that and the Octo expansion.

Nintendo really knows how to pack as much fun and variety into 2-4 minutes of gameplay as possible. better then anyone else imo. The levels and the overworld flow so well.

We are officially entering Round 2 of the thread questions game! This round was inspired by the upcoming Tokyo Game Show which I'm hoping we'll see some cool games at. Don't forget, pizza pictures and posts are welcome all month long!

Round 2: Splatember 11 – 20th. (Tokyo Game Show time!)

Question 1: What is your favorite anime and/or cartoons and why? Share the OPs if you want!

Question 2: Take one of your favorite anime or cartoons and design a game around it and/or vice versa by taking one of your favorite games and tell us how you want it adapted into an anime, cartoon, or movie. If you have an idea for a sequel or spin off adaption that’s cool too!
1. Hmmm. I think I could make an argument for The Simpsons or Futurama, but I'm gonna have to go with BoJack Horseman. The way that show weaves between zany, ridiculous antics and heartbreaking pathos is impressive, and the characters and themes are all very well done. (This is the part where I must admit to not being into anime, sorry y'all.)

2. To be frank, BoJack would make a terrible videogame lol. But I think Futurama could make a good game. Go to various planets, make deliveries, get into hijinks. Or a Futurama version of The Simpsons Hit & Run, that would be great.

xghost, maybe you should threadmark your post?

honestly it really surprised me how much I enjoyed it. It is probably the first campaign I am willing to replay. Well that and the Octo expansion.

Nintendo really knows how to pack as much fun and variety into 2-4 minutes of gameplay as possible. better then anyone else imo. The levels and the overworld flow so well.
Yeah, though I also really liked the extended "story" sections.

Still got some, ahem, minor stuff to finish before I'm completely done though.

I hope Dragon Quest 3 HD2D pops up again before the year is over.
Me too. One of my most anticipated titles. What I saw was the natural evolution of the DS remakes on a more powerful console. Absolutely delicious.

But it was not a part of Square TGS lineup, so it might not get featured at the next Direct. Infinity Strash however, was there. Most likely that one will get a re-reveal this week just like Treasures did at E3.

Did Disney really just announce a bunch of IDEAS for Walt Disney World expansions? Yeah, not actual plans. Ideas. Just ideas. You gotta be kidding me.

"Instead of us paying people to be in focus groups and think these ideas out, can you all just do this for free on the internet?"

"Instead of us paying people to be in focus groups and think these ideas out, can you all just do this for free on the internet?"
"Remember that Villains park that was rumored two decades ago? Well we might put a smaller version into Magic Kingdom. Or we might do Coco there instead of at EPCOT. Or we might do Encanto. We don't know."

"Remember that Villains park that was rumored two decades ago? Well we might put a smaller version into Magic Kingdom. Or we might do Coco there instead of at EPCOT. Or we might do Encanto. We don't know."

IIRC there were "big plans" for Animal Kingdom like 10~15 years ago that never panned out and some people are still pissed.

Me too. One of my most anticipated titles. What I saw was the natural evolution of the DS remakes on a more powerful console. Absolutely delicious.

But it was not a part of Square TGS lineup, so it might not get featured at the next Direct. Infinity Strash however, was there. Most likely that one will get a re-reveal this week just like Treasures did at E3.

I guess there is always Jump Festa in December.

Getting a cat. (and no, the name will not be Nintendo related)

1662927192824.png

The best news of that Disney Parks showcase was Harmonious getting the boot and Happily Ever After returning.

Hey folks, I’ve posted an NFL ST over in The Roost

@Josh5890 remember when we thought this would be a limited release and the saga of getting this game (at least for me). Seems like Spike Chunsoft really is delivering with the physical versions since AI Somnium Files seems to be readily available as well.

Just a shame the performance for V3 is awful. Never had a game crash on Switch as much as that one.

IIRC there were "big plans" for Animal Kingdom like 10~15 years ago that never panned out and some people are still pissed.
I would easily take "the mythical" section over the park over Pandora.

At least now that they own Fox that whole addition makes way more sense but still... AK died a little that day

Question 1: What is your favorite anime and/or cartoons and why? Share the OPs if you want!

I love anime. Here's a top ten list!

1. Revolutionary Girl Utena
2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
3. Serial Experiments Lain
4. Hikaru no Go
5. Hunter x Hunter
6. Neon Genesis Evangelion
7. Space Dandy
8. Ping Pong the Animation
9. Gundam Wing
10. Mob Psycho 100

Yeah, the Disney Parks panel was weird. And it’s sort of telling that on their “A Boundless Future” slide that shows all the stuff that’s coming in 2022, 2023, and 2024, they’re filling it up with stuff like…Fantasmic returning. Or tbe Cruise Line going to Australia, Adventures by Disney having new…adventures, and everyone’s favorite, Cotino, that first “Storyliving by Disney” community for rich people. None of which have anything to do with the parks or resorts.

I know it's very early in the month to be discussing this, but did we have a reservation for ST13? I have a feeling maybe @Cyrus did?
For every minute Cyrus doesn't respond in the positive or affirmative, that's another dial on GIMP I turn to warm up the engines to make a banner image. 🤪

Hey folks, I’ve posted an NFL ST over in The Roost

non-fungible lokens

Question 1: My favorite anime of all time Is Wolf's Rain. Something about the mysterious lack of explanation of things is really intriguing to me, and the characters are phenomenal. I rarely cry watching anything but this one gets me multiple times. It just has such a cool mood and atmosphere to it.

Runner Ups are Madoka Magica (absolute best single episode of an anime of all time? Ep... 10 I think?), FMA, and Cowboy Bebop

Question 2: I have no idea how you'd make a game out of Wolf's Rain, but I could see a Madoka game: Make it a Persona-like RPG. Your main character is one of the girls in school, and you get your powers near the beginning. You spend your time mixed between life sim/school/socializing stuff, and going out to take down witches by night. Having dungeons set in the bizarre witch domains would be super cool.
Ooh never heard of Wolf’s Rain, I’ll have to look into it.

Yes episode 10 is the Homura time travel episode. To preview/spoil my own answer post a bit, Madoka is my favorite anime of all time. Would love to see a game like that myself as the world is very set up for it. If they ever made a Magia Record console version in particular, expanding the going to school part would be fun.
1. Hmmm. I think I could make an argument for The Simpsons or Futurama, but I'm gonna have to go with BoJack Horseman. The way that show weaves between zany, ridiculous antics and heartbreaking pathos is impressive, and the characters and themes are all very well done. (This is the part where I must admit to not being into anime, sorry y'all.)

2. To be frank, BoJack would make a terrible videogame lol. But I think Futurama could make a good game. Go to various planets, make deliveries, get into hijinks. Or a Futurama version of The Simpsons Hit & Run, that would be great.

xghost, maybe you should threadmark your post?
Good picks! Yeah TGS inspired this post so I lead with anime, but I really love animation in general and wanted everyone to be able to participate so it had to be both! I really love Futurama so yeah I’d love to play a cool Futurama game. So many possibilities from more story heavy adventures and more arcadey ideas.

Thanks for the suggestion on threadmarking the post. Will be good to have visible if the rumored Nintendo Direct comes along and the threads merge for a while. Not quoted here, but I believe Cyrus was interested in doing October’s ST.

4. Hikaru no Go
5. Hunter x Hunter
7. Space Dandy
9. Gundam Wing
10. Mob Psycho 100
Ooh love seeing a full top ten list! That’s rad! Some great picks here, happy to see Ping Pong, Gundam Wing, and Mob Psycho 100 make the cut. I definitely have to watch Utena soon, I really liked Yurikuma Arashi and Sarazanmai by the same director.

Day 10 of COVID cabin fever and my family is driving me crazy.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Normally I’d be excited by far-off announcements like that Marvel game and Assassin’s Creed Red but there’s no guarantee America will be around in 4-5 years.

4. Hikaru no Go
5. Hunter x Hunter
7. Space Dandy
9. Gundam Wing
10. Mob Psycho 100
Excellent picks. Let’s celebrate getting a new Gundam and Mob Psycho next season!

I wouldn’t say I enjoyed watching Bojack but it sure does stick with you.
Holy crap a Futurama space adventure game would actually be incredible, someone make it please!

Did Disney really just announce a bunch of IDEAS for Walt Disney World expansions? Yeah, not actual plans. Ideas. Just ideas. You gotta be kidding me.
Wait, what? I gotta watch this, that’s hilarious.

Now that I got my school work done for the week, I’m allowing the passage of time to continue. Bring on the direct.

Just wrapped up one of my school programs.

It was so amazing to see how far they came in just the 8 sessions we had, with mutliple kids who barely spoke at first really coming out of their shell and another going from clearly not wanting to be there to being so engaged he was even volunteering to help run some of the activities.

I really hope their school enrols in our program again next year, if not I'm really going to miss them. It's been a privilege.

Oh, and when we did our "good news" activity, one of the kids was so excited about Splatoon 3 haha.

Almost missed the new questions!

After thinking about it, I think it has to be Ping Pong The Animation. Masaaki Yuasa is one of the best to ever do it and you can pick any of the shows or movies he's directed and you'll have a certified masterpiece. Some think Tatami Galaxy is his best, others prefer Eizouken but to me it's without a doubt Ping Pong with its endearing characters and story, the vivid and relentlessly experimental visuals and the incredible soundtrack.

Question 2: Take one of your favorite anime or cartoons and design a game around it and/or vice versa by taking one of your favorite games and tell us how you want it adapted into an anime, cartoon, or movie. If you have an idea for a sequel or spin off adaption that’s cool too!

That's a tough one, mainly because I have no strong desire for games set in the worlds of my favourite anime or cartoons. I guess this is cheating a little bit because I don't consider it one of my favourites per se but I'd love a game based on Promare, mainly because I love the vivid artstyle and the idea of a firefighting action game. It'd play something like Burning Rangers meets Splatoon. And my cheating answer for the reverse is a Twilight Princess anime based on the manga adaptation. But if I had to come up with something elaborate it'd

Question time!

Question 1: favorite cartoons are the Peanuts holiday specials. Just get so nostalgic for those and love the music. I think there is also a lot of stuff to learn from the way Shultz wrote the characters.

Question 2: I would take Kiki’s Delivery Service and make it like a crazy taxi game. No need to follow the plot, but just make me deliver packages and baked goods with a time limit and some obstacles germane to that world.

Hope there’s a Direct announcement today or some kind of other fun thing happening. Really need to take my mind off of things today.

I hope Dragon Quest 3 HD2D pops up again before the year is over.
I’d be happy to see that or a western date for DQX offline. I just want a DQ game I haven’t played yet. DQ3 HD2D would be my preference though, it looks beautiful, HD2D just works so well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom