• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mario Movie has now an official Twitter account

Gimme the trailer too

Jared Keeso as Wolverine?

HOLY FUCK

He’s way too tall but goddamn. What inspired casting.
He is taller than comics-Logan but he's half a foot shorter than friggin Jackman so that's progress.

Also I agree it's inspired. I wish I could take credit for the idea because I want it even more than the Krasinski/Blunt F4 fancasting. Like, to the point where if it doesn't happen I'll be actually disappointed.

Team GameCube 100% for best looking console. I'd put all of Playstation consoles towards the bottom. PS5 especially hideous which apparently is joy a super popular view hahaha. OG Xbox in top 5. Wii top 5. DS Lite definitely up there, SP also. Nintendo is like Apple honestly, a lot of sleep stuff. Whereas Xbox and PS are like Samsung, highly functional with flexibility. Just my thoughts. God GameCube is so good.

"Welcome to the Nintendrone Spitoon, how Nintendrone are you?" I followed the Mario movie Twitter account before any trailer

Shenmue????
Didn't it just barely get started?????
Years ago i said " i wish WB bought Dreamworks instead of Universal/Comcast i think they would fit much better than with comcast/illumination, they lack a proper 3d studio, they could let DW do some 3d films of DC shit and maybe DW could diversify more"

So not only WB is falling apart and taking animation with them they are probably going to be sold to Comcast anyway. Oh jesus. (At least DW's efforts on movies are doing pretty well both critically and comercially)

Who is making the bid for Paramount tho eh

“Super Mario Movie” as the title for the movie is just so Nintendo

Not Super Mario

Not Super Mario: The Movie

Not The Super Mario Movie

“Super Mario Movie,” like Super Mario Land and Super Mario World

I love it and want that to be the title now

He’s coming

Excellent choice

Not Super Mario

The sequel to the Illumination film will be
New Super Mario Movie

If Sony and Insomniac can get Wolverine out around the time of Deadpool 3 it would make for a pretty great one-two punch with the marketing.

Not Super Mario

I thought it was odd some were assuming they'd call it "Super Mario Bros." like the Live Action.

Especially if this is not a particular adaptation of any game in the series.. I suppose "Super Mario" is way more broader

So yesterday in Mass Effect 3, I did the goofy combat mission for Citadel (the last expansion), today I'm doing the character stuff. It's good.

the party is fun, the extra character scenes are good, but Thane's memorial scene is top tier. My choices in the trilogy kill my three favourite ME2 squadmates - Mordin, Thane, Legion - and Thane, over time, has probably become my favourite. A religious, disabled assassin? Fantastic.

I really need to start reading the descriptions of games before I order online. I figured oh cool a game that is $20 cheaper than the msrp that is most likely going to be hard to find physically in the future. Japanese audio only but at least it has English subtitles so I won't be lost in the story. Saving $20 is probably worth my error.
What's the issue with the game?

While I generally agree, I wanna point out that Hugh has stated several times ever since Avengers 1 that he really wanted to be in the MCU sandbox, and that it was the one thing that would get him to play the character again post-Logan. There's a video of him finding out mid-interview that a deal had been struck for the MCU to share Spiderman with Sony and he looked legitimately moved and hopeful. I figured it was only a matter of time once the Fox purchase happened.

So yeah, I agree in a way that Logan shoulda been left alone and the MCU Wolverine should be fresh (my vote is still for Jared Fuckin Keeso), but like, Hugh wants this. He's wanted it for over a decade. I'm inclined to let him have it.

Just for one movie.

And then we get Jared Fuckin Keeso.

JARED KEESO AS WOLVERINE

"Why don't you go ahead and shave about 15% off the top there"
slices head off

Not Super Mario

I didn't honestly think much of the account's name til now. I do wonder if it's really a placeholder or the actual title?

Man, do not under any circumstances read the comments on a news article, even by accident. I was reading about GM bringing back in-person office work days and how they’re delaying it due to backlash, and I accidentally read the first few comments (which of course lead me to reading more) and it’s basically pages and pages of non-stop “boo hoo entitled younger generation, suck it up and be responsible”, “this so-called COVID and work from home did so much damage and gave rise to so many bad habits that will take years to train out of employees”, “they should just fire 5% of the entire workforce and make the rest pick up the slack, that’ll get their butts back in the office”, etc.

Like… good lord, that’s depressing

What's the issue with the game?
I don't know Japanese so it's just a preference to have the game from my region. Nothing really serious, it's probably for the best since I saved $20 off the msrp. It's just a habit of mine seeing something that intrigues me even a little on sale.

While I generally agree, I wanna point out that Hugh has stated several times ever since Avengers 1 that he really wanted to be in the MCU sandbox, and that it was the one thing that would get him to play the character again post-Logan. There's a video of him finding out mid-interview that a deal had been struck for the MCU to share Spiderman with Sony and he looked legitimately moved and hopeful. I figured it was only a matter of time once the Fox purchase happened.

So yeah, I agree in a way that Logan shoulda been left alone and the MCU Wolverine should be fresh (my vote is still for Jared Fuckin Keeso), but like, Hugh wants this. He's wanted it for over a decade. I'm inclined to let him have it.

Just for one movie.

And then we get Jared Fuckin Keeso.
Glad Hugh wants it! I met him in the tunnels under Niagara Falls when I was in 8th grade, very sweet guy. I also love him as a performer. I think I'm never going to win trying to criticize a giant like the MCU--which, to criticize fairly IMO, requires seeing all of the movies -- so at this point I just skip most of the films and elect to see the ones that excite me. I did see everything from Phase 4, but I feel like I learned a valuable lesson in doing so haha. Blade was one of the ones I was genuinely pumped for, but now with the director dropping out and reports circulating that the script is in poor shape, I'm not sure.
i feel sad for marvel actors. They have to deal with a fanbase that is even worse than the star wars fanbase.
Not sure if this is directed toward me or the vitriolic social media-verse at large lol, but I'm not part of the fanbase. Definitely just a movie fan in general!

music mwednesday

this is what it sounds like when you start a new save file in Grögol Bonanza — scoring for the brief opening cutscene

Not sure if this is directed toward me or the vitriolic social media-verse at large lol, but I'm not part of the fanbase. Definitely just a movie fan in general!
wait who are you

i will never ever make a post like that to be passive agressive. Especially because if something bothers me i would like the other person to see and answer what i said lol.

For the first time I did a speedrun, on Gunvolt 3. Gotta say it felt good to do it under an hour (in game time). Already asked a friend a capture card to record the next one this weekend and post it officially in speedrun.com

FdebjBP.jpg

Its funny that its been years since an entry and the most popular thing about the game its that famous instruction lol.

Btw fantastic grab by Kemp

Yall the level of visual polish in Kirby and the Forgotten Land is incredible.

This is one of the prettiest games I've seen in a while, and I played Xenoblade 3 last month ffs

it’s basically pages and pages of non-stop “boo hoo entitled younger generation, suck it up and be responsible”, “this so-called COVID and work from home did so much damage and gave rise to so many bad habits that will take years to train out of employees”, “they should just fire 5% of the entire workforce and make the rest pick up the slack, that’ll get their butts back in the office”, etc.
Eh. Most people like this, if they’re being serious, are jokes who mistake sweaty manual labor as the only kind of “hard work.”

Also still pisses me off that people still doubt COVID is real. “So-called COVID”. Whatever man.

This is one of the prettiest games I've seen in a while, and I played Xenoblade 3 last month ffs
Have you gotten to the theme park yet? Holy moly that place is distilled euphoria.

This month is rapidly coming to an end so I wanted to answer the last round of the thread questions, but I said I'd do western cartoon answers for the second round so I'll do that first! Here were my anime answers:

I can't believe we are halfway through the month! I have time tonight so I wanted to answer Round 2 of the Thread Game questions.

Question 1: What is your favorite anime and/or cartoons and why? Share the OPs if you want!

My all time favorite anime are Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Symphogear! Madoka is super densely crafted and makes the absolute most of its 12 episodes. It's a perfect tragedy with amazing and haunting imagery and I love the main cast of six so much. Every time I watch it I find something new to appreciate which is awesome. As for Yu Yu Hakusho, I first saw it airing on Toonami and it was my favorite anime growing up. The main cast of four are awesome and the perfect team with so many cool powers and techniques between them. While the last arc is weak, the middle of the show with the Dark Tournament and Chapter Black arcs is so strong it carries the whole thing. Finally, Symphogear is incredible. It's an awesome magical girl battle show where the characters sing while they fight and its whole purpose is to be as over the top awesome and wildly entertaining as possible. I love the characters, the action, and the music so much and it just keeps getting better as it goes. To not flood this page with too much anime I'll throw the OPs and a clip behind a spoiler tag:

My all time favorite anime, Madoka Magica. The OP has some magical girl nudity in it for a transformation scene and one other odd bit that doesn't really reflect the show at all, so don't watch this at work! ClariS is my favorite musical group incidentally! (Couldn't find an official upload for this one :/)

Yu Yu Hakusho, I grew up watching the English dub so I love the English OP!

I picked the fifth season's OP for Symphogear since I love the song a lot!

Also I'd be remiss if I didn't share the clip of Symphogear I saw that got me into the show. I feel like you'll know 100% either way if the show is for you or not after seeing it. Maybe one bit is NSFW? Mostly just gonzo action here.

Question 2: Take one of your favorite anime or cartoons and design a game around it and/or vice versa by taking one of your favorite games and tell us how you want it adapted into an anime, cartoon, or movie. If you have an idea for a sequel or spin off adaption that’s cool too!

For Madoka, I'd love to see a console version of the the Magia Record mobile game. The structure of the universe is very game-like and Magia Record makes it even easier to work with and has plenty of areas ideal to flesh out. I'd imagine you go to school, hang out with friends around town and in Mikazuki Villa, and then take on witches, uwasa, and the Wings of the Magius at night. Yu Yu Hakusho had a fun GBA game I played, but if I were to make a console game I'd make an original story where you invade a demon realm of some kind and have to storm castles and fight big bosses kind of like the first arc where Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama, and Hiei team up. You could swap between characters as you played. For Symphogear, I'd make it an Asura's Wrath-like game. I feel like that's the only way to truly capture the full spectacle of Symphogear.

Round 2 Questions V2:

Question 1 Favorite Cartoons?

I mentioned in a prior post I pretty much watched Cartoon Network exclusively growing up for cartoons so my favorites are from there! Stuff like Billy and Mandy, Dexter's Laboratory, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends were definitely my favorites from their normal cartoon line up. I also had immense fondness for Toonami so stuff like Justice League Unlimited, Teen Titans, and Samurai Jack were big for me too! Out of all those, Billy and Mandy and Justice League Unlimited were definitely my favorites. Billy and Mandy just had wild adventures every week and had so many fun side characters. There were so many all time classic episodes for Billy and Mandy like The Secret Snake Club, Chicken Ball Z, and the one with the Wishing Skull and so many singular moments of weirdness and fun like "push the button and something really cool will happen" and Sir Raven that have stuck with me to this day. Justice League Unlimited was just incredible growing up as the epic culmination of all the other DC cartoons like Batman, Superman, and Static Shock. JLU was an endless parade of cool characters and stories and I loved how it kept upping the stakes with increasingly wild villain threats and multiple episode stories. It really was like the MCU today, but more fun and imaginative thanks to the format. It's a real shame DC has never been able to recapture something like JLU since outside of the Batman Arkham Asylum games.

Question 2 Cartoon to Video Game Adaptation?

I'll stick to my two favorites to not go too long. I'm not really sure what the definitive Billy and Mandy game looks like, but there were a few episodes where they'd go on adventures across dimensions or into the underworld and so I think what would be best is probably an RPG of some kind. Say the townspeople get sucked into another dimension of sorts and get repurposed into an RPG world kind of like Final Tactics Advance. This way you could interact with all of the characters in unique contexts and recruit some into your party. Justice League is obviously super tough since characters like Superman are absurdly powerful and don't work well in video games. The Arkham games are easily the best representation of DC so far and obviously you could have way more than the Bat Family playable in those kinds of games. It's kind of a cheap way out, but I'd love to see an Arc System Works or a Marvel Vs DC fighting game get made. I really prefer anime / air dash fighters over Netherealm with their stiffer controls and more edgy stuff like Injustice. These characters should be fun and inspiring! Bring that back!

It's honestly one of the best looking games on Switch in my opinion.
The vibrant colours, soft lighting, and cute character designs are just gorgeous.

KirbyAndTheForgottenLand_scrn_wadotown.jpg

Last edited:
Y'all just HAD to remind me that Kirby never got any DLC dammit
I'm ok if it doesn't necessarily since it was such a complete package, but I really want to see more Kirby like the Forgotten Land soon. Maybe they could do something like Xenoblade Torna where it can be DLC for Forgotten Land if you want or a standalone eshop game if you prefer.

Ok time to answer Round 3 of the questions game.

Question 1: What previously unlocalized game or games do you want to see brought to Switch with a definitive release? Alternately, what classic game (more than ten years old) would you like brought back on Switch with a definitive release? Feel free to answer both questions and share any QOL additions/improvements you’d like to see!

The two unlocalized games I'd love to see most are Magia Record Arc 2 and Princess Crown. Magia Record seems forever unlikely as they'd have to revive a dead in the US live service gacha game, but Princess Crown darn I really hope will one day make its way over. People love Vanillaware games and Princess Crown even got a PS4 port recently as a preorder bonus for 13 Sentinels in Japan. Sega, please sort this out and bring it to Switch too! I really want to play Vanillaware's first game! For classic games, I'd love to see my three favorite Square SNES JRPGs, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy VI, come to Switch with definitive editions (though I'd be fine with straight ports for all three). Super Mario RPG should be a 3D remake that retains the isometric look and gameplay. It could offer more inventory space, but otherwise it doesn't need any touching up even though I'd love to see Luigi, Link, and Samus added as secret party members! Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI I'd love to see as HD-2D remakes (the pixel remaster of FF6 is unacceptable) and they should add in all of the bonus content from the DS and GBA versions respectively.

Secret bonus question: what lesser known Switch games do you highly recommend?

I usually say Box Boy and Box Girl and Part Time UFO. Today I'll add Momodora Reverie Under The Moonlight, Touhou Luna Nights, What The Golf?, and Toem.

Question 2: Share your favorite memories from the first year of Famiboards and share your personal hopes, dreams, and goals for Year 2. These answers can speak to your time here on Fami, your life in general, or a mix of both!

Joining this community I lurked for a long time and feeling welcomed right away as people yeah'd my introduction post is definitely my favorite memory. I'll also never forget and always treasure that I was included on the first Nintendo Direct hype train image and added to the banners for one of the game STs as an Easter Egg. That my posts left an impression to get included like that made me feel so much more part of this community rather than just a guest, so thank you! I mentioned it in the OP, but speaking of Directs my favorite thread on Fami was definitely the emotional rollercoaster that was the third Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread. That last sprint to hit 700 pages and counting down for the announcement together was definitely the best part. Finally I'm really glad I started the RPGs ST and this one right here as I built two fun homes for discussion! On that note, in Fami Year 2 I definitely want to host or help host more STs! I haven't created an individual game ST yet and it'd be fun to ask to host a Direct Speculation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom