• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There probably just ain't gonna be a N64 game this month and that's why the roadmap only has three more games listed for this year lol

Come back in October.
Good odds Goldeneye is this year tho it could double up in a month

There probably just ain't gonna be a N64 game this month and that's why the roadmap only has three more games listed for this year lol

Come back in October.
I really thought they were gonna do a game in September and skip October/November in favour of Gameboy on NSO 🙃

I gotta stop being a pattern mfer

My search for the special edition of Bayonetta has so far been: unsuccessful
tumblr_opxwgorioa1saea7uo3_400.gif

I really thought they were gonna do a game in September and skip October/November in favour of Gameboy on NSO 🙃

I gotta stop being a pattern mfer

Yeah there's no way they'd announce something like that on Twitter lol. We're gonna have to wait for a Nintendo Direct for that.

I remembered that there was a poster who used "wife guy" as their custom tag

I don’t remember who it was but it seems they have changed it. Good decision, in light of recent events!

Can't wait to actually have time to play games again after this script revision deadline on 10/3. Haven't touched any of them in over 2 weeks despite Splatoon, Xeno 3, and Bayonetta 1 and 2 all needing love :')

No matter where I stand with those games though, once we're into October, it's Bayonetta season. Never beat the first or played the second, so I can at least play those, then alternate between Xeno 3, Splatoon 3, and Bayo 3. What a year for trilogy cappers in great franchises!

Just came across a livestream with Kevin Bayliss (Rare, Playtonic and character designer of Donkey Kong in DKC 1 and many more). The event is titled as a masterclass followed by QA. It's up on Youtube right now.

Link

Consider yourself lucky for not knowing.
Okay so I googled the term because I can't help myself and actually a friend of mine was already sending me jokes about it last night so I was aware of the drama, just didn't know the term. 😅

Whew, people, amirite?

Apparently the only reason it wasn’t cancelled was because Ubisoft got a lot of tax incentives from the Singapore government and doesn’t want tot pay them back.
Yea, the game’s development history is a whole clusterfuck. Can’t believe it’s been almost a decade.

LET'S GOOOOOOOO

Wait a second does her boyfriend turn into a chair or something

Wait he does and the cat is evil

Damn that's crazy, Makoto Shinkai making a movie about a boy and a girl meeting, a natural disaster potentially destroying the world and them ending up separated, and the music is made by Radwimps.

iu

I wish he never got famous with Your Name, the earlier stuff he was doing was 10x more interesting and meangful (5cm per second, Garden of words).

Damn that's crazy, Makoto Shinkai making a movie about a boy and a girl meeting, a natural disaster potentially destroying the world and them ending up separated, and the music is made by Radwimps.

iu

I wish he never got famous with Your Name, the earlier stuff he was doing was 10x more interesting and meangful (5cm per second, Garden of words).
Wow I haven't seen a take this terrible in a long time

Is it still a religion if you practice yourself but don't go to a church for it?

Because if so, I already might have.
Of course, a religion is not defined by a place of worship.

As long as you recognize that cheese is a Greater Power that us mortals simply cannot properly fathom until it is Burnt Ever So Slightly on the edge of a thin but crisp tortilla chip you can be a proud follower of the way of Cheesus.

Of course, a religion is not defined by a place of worship.

As long as you recognize that cheese is a Greater Power that us mortals simply cannot properly fathom until it is Burnt Ever So Slightly on the edge of a thin but crisp tortilla chip you can be a proud follower of the way of Cheesus.
rNCIhHS.gif

Wow I haven't seen a take this terrible in a long time

His best movie is by far The Garden of Words in my opinion. It's a pretty mature story about growth and healing, with two characters still having their own separate lives and ultimately ending up saving each other but realizing they are also at two very different point of their lives and they need to live their own lives.
He always had a thing for teen romance, but his earlier works like 5cm per seconds dealt with it from a psychological angle and you follow the main character over a long span of years, from being basically a kid to being an adult, and even then it's more of a coming of age story than a proper romance.
With Your Name Shinkai gave up any attempt of making anything more than a straight teen romance with fancy visuals, and both it and Weathering with You clearly demonstrate that he's lacking when it comes to writing more action-packed, complex narratives that have a sound internal logic.

Weathering with You specifically it's the least interesting anime I've seen in a movie theater. Everything about it was cynically made specifically to cater to fans of Your Name (and to please the sponsors of the movie), the entire plot of movie was predictable from the moment it was revealed she had powers.
I've seen worse movies for sure, but this was just an extremely competent movie that felt devoid of any spark or emotion, the only good moment being a sequence taken straight out of Spirited Away.

His best movie is by far The Garden of Words in my opinion. It's a pretty mature story about growth and healing, with two characters still having their own separate lives and ultimately ending up saving each other but realizing they are also at two very different point of their lives and they need to live their own lives.
He always had a thing for teen romance, but his earlier works like 5cm per seconds dealt with it from a psychological angle and you follow the main character over a long span of years, from being basically a kid to being an adult, and even then it's more of a coming of age story than a proper romance.
With Your Name Shinkai gave up any attempt of making anything more than a straight teen romance with fancy visuals, and both it and Weathering with You clearly demonstrate that he's lacking when it comes to writing more action-packed, complex stories that have a sound internal logic.

Weathering with You specifically it's the least interesting anime I've seen in a movie theater. Everything about it was cynically made specifically to cater to fans of Your Name (and to please the sponsors of the movie), the entire plot of movie was predictable from the moment it was revealed she had powers.
An extremely competent movie that felt devoid of any spark, the only good moment being a sequence taken straight out of Spirited Away.
Wow, scratch my last reply. THIS is the worst take I've seen in a while.

I mean, Your Name is my favorite movie ever. Just look at my profile picture. I have the books and I bought it on Amazon AND YouTube. Weathering with You isn't on the same level, but it's still a really good movie. I don't know what you expected replying with that first response lol

wasn’t American McGee like, super into Gamergate?
Oh, damn, what a bummer. That’s why they say you shouldn’t admire people, you always end up disappointed (unless, I guess, if the people you admire are Dolly Parton, Weird Al, Keanu Reeves, or Jamie Lee Curtis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom