• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads-up: The european My Nintendo Stores are back online.

Given the sent out mails last week telling people that the Xeno 3 CE stuff would be "available soon", you might want to keep an eye on the shops for the rest of the week.

Didn't find either of those in my local Coop, but will definitely keep that in mind for next time, because it made me curious, thanks !

But be careful, don't make the slices too thin or else they get burnt too fast in the oven. Or you add them to the pizza when it's been in the oven for some time already.

Started Final Fantasy 7 yesterday and the first thing that strikes me..

I sort of forgot the hassle of not being able to save everywhere. Finding savespots.. not always the most funny thing
As a kid I turned on a gameshark code that let me save anywhere, and then I proceeded to save on a ladder. The game assumes when you load a save your standing on solid ground, so Cloud just hung in place unable to move or grab the ladder. Thankfully this happened early enough in disc 1 to not be completely devastating, but I never used that save anywhere cheat again.

me checking the version number on forgotten land

UntimelyTightAntelope-max-1mb.gif

I sort of forgot the hassle of not being able to save everywhere. Finding savespots.. not always the most funny thing
Thank goodness for the suspend feature on modern consoles.

Octopath had that same issue unfortunately. But nowadays. We got quick save at least. Tho I would just perfer all JRPGs to have save anywhere.

Reminds me of Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon Gale of Darkness. The first game didn’t have it but the sequel did have save anywhere. Such a better QOL that made replaying that one way better lol

I like save-points, you always knew when you're close to a boss when you've been in a dungeon for a while and suddenly come across a save-point.

I like save-points, you always knew when you're close to a boss when you've been in a dungeon for a while and suddenly come across a save-point.
I will always stan for the existence of save points, they're often intended to be a sort of endurance / gear check. At least in many of the games I've played. I totally get why people don't like them which is why I will usually advocate for either a system wide suspend feature or temporary quicksaves that can be done anywhere. I don't think it's a coincidence that JRPGs have steadily migrated towards handhelds for the last 20 years.

Tangentailly related, one amusing thing to me is that the SaGa franchise that everyone complains about: 1. Didn't have random encounters (after the GB games) 2. Restore your HP automatically for free after every encounter 3. Save anywhere (I think).

I will always stan for the existence of save points, they're often intended to be a sort of endurance / gear check. At least in many of the games I've played. I totally get why people don't like them which is why I will usually advocate for either a system wide suspend feature or temporary quicksaves that can be done anywhere. I don't think it's a coincidence that JRPGs have steadily migrated towards handhelds for the last 20 years.

Tangentailly related, one amusing thing to me is that the SaGa franchise that everyone complains about: 1. Didn't have random encounters (after the GB games) 2. Restore your HP automatically for free after every encounter 3. Save anywhere (I think).

As i get older, i appreciate save everywhere and restore health after battle.

If you're like me, a message that you don't have the permission.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land should have gotten seasonal battle passes. Right now you could have been desperately grinding away to unlock the legendary Disco Kirby skin before the season ends on Friday. But no, Nintendo and Hal denied us the privilege.

Octopath had that same issue unfortunately. But nowadays. We got quick save at least. Tho I would just perfer all JRPGs to have save anywhere.

Reminds me of Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon Gale of Darkness. The first game didn’t have it but the sequel did have save anywhere. Such a better QOL that made replaying that one way better lol

Octopath does have an autosave feature though.. so not really the same issue imo.

Now I'm not that far in to FF7 just yet, so I dont know har far between save points there will be, if they're basically everywhere - I probably wont mind in the end I'm just not used to it anymore :p, that's how most modern games that still uses save points (OT included) do it

Random NSO question: what’s the cheapest way to extend a family membership (with an expansion pass)? Mine’s up for auto-renewal mid-October.

For the new movie coming next year? No, but you should watch the old movie nonetheless, it's a glorious train wreck.
it is glorious but is it bearable to watch?

lol but if there's no small headed Koopa on a regular human body I will riot

This just made me realize that we'll never have a No Way Home for Mario because of Hoskins :(
They can say Captain Lou Albano is him,,,,,,, you know what? Never mind

So a while back, I posted about my friend who had just got a Switch Lite with Mario Odyssey, and he was in this state of extreme joy:

"NINTENDO! Fucking perfection! This game is marvellous! GENIUS even! DANG! He can CAPTURE ENEMIES! Nintendo. Brillant minds. Nintendo!"

We hung out the other day, and I showed him the Tears of the Kingdom trailer and he completely lost it, said that it was the most hype thing ever and also loved the title. We had a good time drinking coffee and getting excited over Zelda!

So a while back, I posted about my friend who had just got a Switch Lite with Mario Odyssey, and he was in this state of extreme joy:

"NINTENDO! Fucking perfection! This game is marvellous! GENIUS even! DANG! He can CAPTURE ENEMIES! Nintendo. Brillant minds. Nintendo!"

We hung out the other day, and I showed him the Tears of the Kingdom trailer and he completely lost it, said that it was the most hype thing ever and also loved the title. We had a good time drinking coffee and getting excited over Zelda!
But has he played Breath of the Wild yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom