• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

This is the big indicator that I think a lot of people overlook when it comes to a game's sales: how Nintendo feels about it. Nintendo also said they were impressed with the sales of Metroid: Samus Returns, yet people to this day will call it a massive flop. The truth is that sales numbers are very relative and if Nintendo says they are pleased with the way a game sold, then that should be the primary focal point.
Yeah! And let‘s not forget sales numbers aren‘t everything. Metroid Prime is in some way a show off title. It can even get people hyped that would not buy that specific game, simply because Switch gets then so much positive media coverage.

This has a strong secondary effect on other titles as well and Nintendo gets perceived again as a Dev of high quality titles and gives somewhat the promise that they make games for everyone. Nintendo needs that, because a big publisher like them is prone to generate a lot of negative publicity too.

It‘s in their best interest to have more niche titles (again calling a game that sold over a Million niche is something every other dev would dream of) because Switch would have not sold that much only with Mariokart 8 Deluxe.

Also sometimes there can be surprises. While I am sure that Labo was within ther expectations they didn‘t see the insane success of Ring Fit Adventure coming.

And where‘s smoke, there’s fire.
Hose.gif

You know, I'm usually pretty meh towards remakes that aren't modern Capcom reimaginings but they should really port Kid Icarus Uprising. Like, it's not even that it's just "stuck" on 3DS, it also just kinda sucks to control there.

What smoke is this?

I'm not going to catch up on the last four seasons of hardware speculation, so a concise summary for this thread would be very nice and much appreciated.
A user has been posting stuff in the Hardware Thread recently (that matches stuff the hardware thread found months ago), people started calling him "lisan al-gaib," and shit's getting weird. Now a Chinese twitter account has posted a supposed leak that's almost verbatim that that user has been posting and people are saying "the flood gates have opened" even though these "leaks" are things we knew like last year. That's the smoke.

What smoke is this?

I'm not going to catch up on the last four seasons of hardware speculation, so a concise summary for this thread would be very nice and much appreciated.
Summary regarding the recent rumors/leaks for those who don't want to read through the hardware thread:
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Anyone should feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or missed something, I'm not an expert. I'd also recommend to take all of this with a grain of salt until more trustworthy sources start corroborating it.

Last edited:
My straight faced guess: June well get a direct with a passable lineup for the rest of the year (third party, DE, 1 remaster, 1 suprise smaller title) and in fall we'll get a showing of switch 2.

So...direct hype for in 6 weeks? :O

You know, I'm usually pretty meh towards remakes that aren't modern Capcom reimaginings but they should really port Kid Icarus Uprising. Like, it's not even that it's just "stuck" on 3DS, it also just kinda sucks to control there.
Having also played the online just before the 3DS shut down, it's pretty fun and I would like to take it for a spin again.

I’m so used to being disappointed I don’t even care about being disappointed anymore lol.

Fair. Been on this train since early-mid 2021 so I’m numb as well. A hollowed out shell of who I used to be
Yeah my hype curve has gone from 2021 to early this year, at this point I’m just waiting. All the false rumors and “plans changed” news have made this process extremely tiresome for me.

A user has been posting stuff in the Hardware Thread recently (that matches stuff the hardware thread found months ago), people started calling him "lisan al-gaib," and shit's getting weird. Now a Chinese twitter account has posted a supposed leak that's almost verbatim that that user has been posting and people are saying "the flood gates have opened" even though these "leaks" are things we knew like last year. That's the smoke.

Summary regarding the recent rumors/leaks for those who don't want to read through the hardware thread:
* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Anyone should feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or missed something, I'm not an expert. I'd also recommend to take all of this with a grain of salt until more trustworthy sources start corroborating it.
Many thanks to both of you for compiling and sharing.

Long live Miyapyoro and the intern who updates his IMDB profile.

no Kirby game announced for this year yet
With discussions about there being no July game, I could see them releasing a smaller Kirby game in July that can be announced via social media and not necessarily in a Direct (it would get the same treatment as Kirby's Dream Buffet)

no Kirby game announced for this year yet
We better get used to it. There's no Vanpool anymore to fill in the gaps and HAL is probably working on a follow up to Forgotten Land, which should take some time. They need another studio to keep Kirby an annual franchise and I doubt they can find one easily (though I strongly suggest WayForward).

I don't know how I saw this so quickly after it was posted but I guess review copies are out in the wild for Paper Mario: TTYD Remake!

I think the next Kirby game will either be a spin-off by HAL Tokyo or an emulation port by NERD (spin-off compilation of Air Ride, Mass Attack, etc.).
HAL Yamanashi is probably currently working on a mainline 3D Kirby. After that, I would like to see Triple Deluxe HD like RtDL Deluxe, but with Vanpool's demise, it is conceivable that it may not be made.

If I could pick any Kirby rerelease to happen this year it’d absolutely be Air Ride with online added. Fantastic game that needs to come back.

Back
Top Bottom