• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the last Switch only Direct announces they cancelled Metroid Prime 4 for the Switch 1.

Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance. What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Metroid Prime 4 anymore, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move. Nintendo, publicly apologize and release the trailer for MP4 immediately or you can kiss your business goodbye

This week is THE CLIMAX! Whatever we get a Direct or not!
The chaos, the Doom, the hopium, the glory, the friends.
Also, important question: the week starts in Sunday or monday for you? I always consider sunday as the first day.

When the last ever Switch Direct ends without a Metroid Prime 4.

Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Metroid Prime 4 anymore, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move.
Nintendo, publicly apologize and release the trailer for MP4 immediately or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Oh my God, the flashbacks…

Solemnly hoping for an announcement of a certain game that has tons of depth for its crafting systems to be revealed and introduced to people... (Atelier series)

Doesn't seem likely to happen after how horrible they've presented the latest entry back in the September 2022 direct though. 🍃

It’s still the weekend, but we are in Derachi’s week. The vibes are…interesting. If it is on the 7th, 72+ hours from now, it doesn’t exactly feel like it.

It’s still the weekend, but we are in Derachi’s week. The vibes are…interesting. If it is on the 7th, 72+ hours from now, it doesn’t exactly feel like it.
72 hours of endless debate and research into seeing if it's true.

God this is going to be a long week.

72 hours of endless debate and research into seeing if it's true.

God this is going to be a long week.
Provided it isn’t a Mini, for Wednesday specifically we should hopefully know either way in 48 hours as they have been announcing these shows with tighter windows lately.

Every single first year‘s General Direct in the Switch era happened after Nintendo released their nine months earnings: SO TEAM JANUARY WAS DEAD ALL THE TIME.

Earnings released on Janaury 31st 2018 – General Direct happened on March 8th 2018
(you can argue that there was a Mini Direct on January 11th, before the earnings but it was just a Mini and full of ports and Aces, it was not a full General Presentation).

Earnings released on January 31st 2019 – General Direct happened on February 13th 2019.

Earnings released on February 1st 2021 – General Direct happened on February 17th 2021.

Earnings released on February 3rd 2022 – General Direct happened on February 9th 2022.

Earnings released on February 7th 2022 – General Direct happened on February 8th 2023.

This year earnings are releasing on February 6th 2024 – General Direct will happen after that date. On February 7th. Basically it's the same story as last year, the General Direct will be announced just few hours after the earnings.

Lets gooooooo

fake ass leaker markomaro is back with another fake leak?
tenor.gif

What's the difference between a Mini and a General Direct?

I expect.... Fire Emblem 4 and Metroid Prime 4. Not much more. Is that possible in a Mini? Since I've owned my Switch, I've never seen a Mini Direct !

L🎷
M🧬
A🐉
O☂️

There we go, a leak on par with Detective Pikachu.
Let's see:

L plus a sax... Lisa Simpson? The Simpsons Hit & Run remake!
M and a DNA chain... Marvel and... mutants? New X-Men game!
A plus Dragon... ah, Another Dragon Ball game!
And an O with an umbrella... it must be an Original Resident Evil title, of course!

Wooo, best Direct ever! /s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom