• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general, Nintendo has just been killing it with vocalised theme songs on Switch. Odyssey has one, Three Houses, Smash Ultimate, even Kirby has a great theme song.

Now we just need an F-Zero game with Mute City featuring screamo vocals.

In general, Nintendo has just been killing it with vocalised theme songs on Switch. Odyssey has one, Three Houses, Smash Ultimate, even Kirby has a great theme song.

Now we just need an F-Zero game with Mute City featuring screamo vocals.

F-Zero soundtrack by Strung Out, Hot Water Music, Lagwagon and so on ... sign me up.

Would actually make me interested in a F-Zero game.

It is time to start counting down to our potential Direct announcement today by sharing Youtube videos! To be kind to mobile users, please only embed one Youtube video per post, but always remember multiple posts are highly encouraged!

Today’s theme is original video game vocal songs! Ideally these are songs with lyrics, but I’ll accept any song with vocals (ie chants and shouts are fine) to open this up to more fun songs! Any language, including fictional language, is fine.

I’ll kick things off with my favorite original vocal song in a Nintendo game, Reincarnation from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Yoshino Nanjo of Love Live fame absolutely killed it with this song and the moment I heard it I knew that game was going to be absolutely special.

8 hours to go! Excited to see what original video game vocal songs y’all choose to share :)

Always a fan of the more reflective vocal themes in FE and this one's a bittersweet foil to the energy of the opening theme:

(This certainly makes me wonder what vocal / lyrical track FE4R would come with...)

Always a fan of the more reflective vocal themes in FE and this one's a bittersweet foil to the energy of the opening theme:

(This certainly makes me wonder what vocal / lyrical track FE4R would come with...)

"I fell into a burning ring of fire
I went down down down
the flames they went higher
and it burns burns burns"

F-Zero soundtrack by Strung Out, Hot Water Music, Lagwagon and so on ... sign me up.
Hadn't heard of these artists before so I looked them up and, did I listen to the wrong songs? I checked like 3 each and it's not really what I'd expect from an F-Zero game at all, is F-Zero's music punk-rock? I know F-Zero X's OST is metal, though I'm less familiar with GX's and just clicking through random songs I don't really get the vibe of punk from it.

Hadn't heard of these artists before so I looked them up and, did I listen to the wrong songs? I checked like 3 each and it's not really what I'd expect from an F-Zero game at all, is F-Zero's music punk-rock? I know F-Zero X's OST is metal, though I'm less familiar with GX's and just clicking through random songs I don't really get the vibe of punk from it.

Well it partly stems from me once having heard a Mute City cover by a Post Hardcore / Punk Metal / Melodic Hardcore band, and that made my day.

I really think bands of those genres have the power you need for an F-Zero soundtrack.

I wouldn't, for example, ask for Bad Religion, they wouldn't vibe with it.

5 hours to go!

I really liked Devil Trigger when I first heard it because it’s such a bop! It’s been so long since I played DMC5, but I think I swapped Dante’s battle music over to Devil Trigger too since it felt best to stylishly take down hordes of demons to.

It hasn't been that long since I played DMC5, but I have an inexplicable urge to replay it now...

This has awoken a locked memory of mine where I stole my older brother's DS to play these mini games when I was like 5. I still didn't understand what any text in a video game meant and i had no clue what the objective of that mini game was and id get super mad at the game when i lost

4 hours to go! Halfway there!

Happy Still Alive got shared, because I feel even better about picking the other Still Alive now! Always dug this song. The piano is probably my favorite part, but it’s very fun to sing too!

I don't think this has been posted yet? For shame! What a perfect ending to an amazing journey.

This was going to be my final pick of the night…cause the Future Awaits! Great pick! That and New Battle!!! are my favorite Future Redeemed songs.

I have like eight back up songs tonight so I’m prepared :)

So today's the day for another Peach trailer and tomorrow's the day for Surprise It's Our Partners AND YOU BETTER BE ON YOUR BEST BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS THEM

This was going to be my final pick of the night…cause the Future Awaits! Great pick! That and New Battle!!! are my favorite Future Redeemed songs.

I have like eight back up songs tonight so I’m prepared :)
New Battle!!!, you say?

4 hours to go! Halfway there!

Happy Still Alive got shared, because I feel even better about picking the other Still Alive now! Always dug this song. The piano is probably my favorite part, but it’s very fun to sing too!

Love this one. The chills.

Does anyone else think that it’s strange that Pyoro didn’t know anything about the DK vs Mario demo, the Splatoon 3 DLC trailer and the Peach trailer?

The Nintendo Ninja in the room everytime Pyoro reaches to the mobile phone or keyboard to make a tweet:

WCeJfRi.gif

Why does a Partner Showcase also have to be a Mini, can't it be a 40-50 minute presentation or is Nintendo's 3rd party situation that bad?

Why does a Partner Showcase also have to be a Mini, can't it be a 40-50 minute presentation or is Nintendo's 3rd party situation that bad?
I mean we're 7 years into a console that can't support most games going to other consoles, and games that Nintendo has partnered with other companies to publish like SMTV have already come out. Many of us expect any 3rd party titles worth mentioning to be saved for Switch 2 at this point.

Does anyone else think that it’s strange that Pyoro didn’t know anything about the DK vs Mario demo, the Splatoon 3 DLC trailer and the Peach trailer?
Until the next general direct comes and goes without Pyoro leaking anything, I'm not losing sleep if they do or do not bother to post about every demo, nso drop, or dlc update. They could just as easily not be interested in risking themselves/their source to leak things like new Peach costumes or Mario vs DK demo as they are to have already been compromised.

Gonna use the talk of game songs with lyrics to bring up these 2 songs because otherwise when else can I bring these songs up:

I found these after downloading a bunch of Kirby OSTs. At first I thought, crap did I download an soundtrack a fan threw together and remixed? But no, these songs are very real and just baffling. The songs themselves are OK, but the interjections by Kirby are just weird, unnecessary, and bad? I remember sending this to a friend and they were as confused as I am. Nintendo sold this on a disc! Maybe I'm just a hater, but these mixes aren't good and I'm surprised they were ever released lol.

I mean we're 7 years into a console that can't support most games going to other consoles, and games that Nintendo has partnered with other companies to publish like SMTV have already come out. Many of us expect any 3rd party titles worth mentioning to be saved for Switch 2 at this point.
Yeah, for this one in particular I get it, but it's weird that all the other ones were minis as well, I feel like for some of the longer ones (the ~25 min ones) they could've easily added a handful of extra trailers to make it a non-mini. When it's both a mini and a partner showcase it feels like there's a double expectation reduction.

Gonna use the talk of game songs with lyrics to bring up these 2 songs because otherwise when else can I bring these songs up:

I found these after downloading a bunch of Kirby OSTs. At first I thought, crap did I download an soundtrack a fan threw together and remixed? But no, these songs are very real and just baffling. The songs themselves are OK, but the interjections by Kirby are just weird, unnecessary, and bad? I remember sending this to a friend and they were as confused as I am. Nintendo sold this on a disc! Maybe I'm just a hater, but these mixes aren't good and I'm surprised they were ever released lol.

That second one in particular made me laugh haha

1prfcyphsdd81-e1657362266806.png

somehow, the general mini returned
Mini Returns
NINTENDO SWITCH DIRECT

Phantom Thief Peach was not in my bingo card. What's her nickname? Toadstool? hahahah

A Peach thing on Valentine's Day just makes sense.
PHANTOM THIEF PEACH IS HERE TO STEAL OUR HEARTS

She sent her calling card:

Good to know there are more JoJo fans here in Fami! ❤️
I found Pyoro... dead! Was it the ninjas? Did one of you do this? I WANT ANSWERS!!!

s-l1600.jpg
That's not Pyoro, that's an Angry Bird

Mini Returns
NINTENDO SWITCH DIRECT

Phantom Thief Peach was not in my bingo card. What's her nickname? Toadstool? hahahah

PHANTOM THIEF PEACH IS HERE TO STEAL OUR HEARTS

She sent her calling card:

Good to know there are more JoJo fans here in Fami! ❤️

That's not Pyoro, that's an Angry Bird

That's not an Angry Bird, that's a dead bird.

I'm here represent FE Echoes

Ending credits:

One of the best final maps soundtracks I have ever heard:

And this one, genuinely beautiful and emotional and it's a world map theme:

Yeah, for this one in particular I get it, but it's weird that all the other ones were minis as well, I feel like for some of the longer ones (the ~25 min ones) they could've easily added a handful of extra trailers to make it a non-mini. When it's both a mini and a partner showcase it feels like there's a double expectation reduction.
All but one Partner Showcases were aired in 2020, when release dates and development timelines were unpredictable. That's why Nintendo did short bursts once a month - it allowed them to give up to date information on projects that wasn't liable to change. They took the same approach with their own news and events that year.

As for June 2022 and this month, I'd guess it's a combination of expectation management and shifting plans. 'Mini' sets expectations it's not a big show, which is helpful given there'll likely be a complete absence of Nintendo news. For June 2022, the Partner Showcase we got then was likely a stripped down version of what we'd have got as an E3 event, hence 'Mini'; it was literally smaller than what was originally planned.

Part of me wonders if Nintendo did plan a normal Direct for this February, but then plans around their own first party schedule shifted at some point in the last few months and so we're getting a Mini Partner Showcase to meet contractual obligations to third parties (e.g. agreements that games will feature in a Direct branded event). That's essentially why the Partner Showcase brand was invented in 2020 (Covid) and revived in 2022 (E3 cancellation).

Re: Direct delayed due to Xbox - Does anyone in their mind really think that Nintendo planned and scheduled a Direct format with anticipation, probably weeks or a month at max in advance, just to delay because Corporate Competitor X also has something scheduled as well? There is no overlap between the Microsoft audience and the Nintendo audience in the sense that Direct viewers are not the same type of consumer that will take time to listen to an Xbox podcast, of all things. Saying the sentence "Xbox is gonna do a podcast" is so unappealing, unlike "Nintendo's video presentation is on"

Please, Nintendo wouldn't move any Direct (of any type) for any "rival" event.

Not for a PS Showcase, not for a State of Play, not for whatever events MS has, and especially so for a MS podcast.

Please, Nintendo wouldn't move any Direct (of any type) for any "rival" event.

Not for a PS Showcase, not for a State of Play, not for whatever events MS has, and especially so for a MS podcast.
Exactly. I don't know if Nintendo has ever delayed a Direct due to a competitor or something, but more likely than that, if they ever make a delay, it's because Nintendo themselves understand, under their own criteria, that they should delay it because of them.

Until the next general direct comes and goes without Pyoro leaking anything, I'm not losing sleep if they do or do not bother to post about every demo, nso drop, or dlc update. They could just as easily not be interested in risking themselves/their source to leak things like new Peach costumes or Mario vs DK demo as they are to have already been compromised.
I agree with you but it's not the fact that he remained silent, it was the fact that he literally said that he didn't know about any first party announcements
That's why I'm confused.

I wonder where people get these ideas about Nintendo moving a Direct for other companies sometimes. I'm surprised this is still being talked about.

Re: Direct delayed due to Xbox - Does anyone in their mind really think that Nintendo planned and scheduled a Direct format with anticipation, probably weeks or a month at max in advance, just to delay because Corporate Competitor X also has something scheduled as well? There is no overlap between the Microsoft audience and the Nintendo audience in the sense that Direct viewers are not the same type of consumer that will take time to listen to an Xbox podcast, of all things. Saying the sentence "Xbox is gonna do a podcast" is so unappealing, unlike "Nintendo's video presentation is on"
I also suspect, with Peach news seemingly incoming today, that we're looking at Nintendo either releasing the Partner Showcase without any warning or with less warning than the usual Directs. While I'm personally hopeful there'll be some good stuff shown tomorrow (c'mooon Mina the Hollower, Metal Slug Tactics and Ys X), it's fair to think it could and probably will be a fairly low key event for Nintendo.

I've been thinking about this lately, given all the backward compatibility reports. I think Nintendo will now have segments in directs where they announce batches of games getting next gen updates. It will become a staple of the Switch 2 direct era, especially in its first 2 to 3 years.

I also suspect, with Peach news seemingly incoming today, that we're looking at Nintendo either releasing the Partner Showcase without any warning or with less warning than the usual Directs. While I'm personally hopeful there'll be some good stuff shown tomorrow (c'mooon Mina the Hollower, Metal Slug Tactics and Ys X), it's fair to think it could and probably will be a fairly low key event for Nintendo.
Good observation. Maybe it's why they've been announcing so many stuff via Twitter:
  • They have their resources busy for Switch 2 digital event;
  • Partners Showcase isn't that big;
  • They need to fill the "emptiness" of hype with the first party titles they've yet to fully promote

I've been thinking about this lately, given all the backward compatibility reports. I think Nintendo will now have segments in directs where they announce batches of games getting next gen updates. It will become a staple of the Switch 2 direct era, especially in its first 2 to 3 years.
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo Directs are now 99.99% focused on Switch 2, and at the end we get a reel of Switch 1 games that are playable on the Switch 2.

Good observation. Maybe it's why they've been announcing so many stuff via Twitter:
  • They have their resources busy for Switch 2 digital event;
  • Partners Showcase isn't that big;
  • They need to fill the "emptiness" of hype with the first party titles they've yet to fully promote

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo Directs are now 99.99% focused on Switch 2, and at the end we get a reel of Switch 1 games that are playable on the Switch 2.
Yep. They might do it in batches of 3 to 5 games at a time and some will feel more of a re-release than others. Like Xeno 3 can get a definite edition that includes Future Connected. Splatoon 3 will 1000% get a complete edition with Side Order that launches this holiday and stuff like that.

3 hours to go! Getting fairly close now!

If you were in the last thread, you might remember I named and kicked off this event with Last Call from Neo The World Ends With You. While that’s my favorite song for sure from Neo, I’m also a huge fan of World Is Yours. You get good snippets of it early on in the OP movie song, New Game (which was in the debut video for the game), so it’s fitting you hear the full version during the big final boss. This song rocks hard!

I was considering picking another song with a similar vibe for 3:00 AM. Guilty Gear Strive’s Smell of the Game, but decided against embedding it since it does have some swearing. If you don’t mind prominently hearing “bulls***” loudly a few times, that song is a journey if you listen to the whole thing lol.

A game song, uh ?
How about the track that inspired me for the final battle of the first major arc of the book I'm writing ?

Quite a few of Astral Chain's OST have inspired me btw (Legion Assault & Jena Anderson : Catastrophe). Other games OST include IJI (a free game by Daniel Remar done in solo), Perfect Dark Zero (Arena : Final showdown)...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom