• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m moving to a new city this month. And to be there with it coinciding with a Switch 2 reveal will give me some nostalgic memories when I look back in the future.
Congrats and break a leg with the upcoming move! Are you moving to a city that could have some exciting hype events leading up to the launch/demos and kiosks to try new games/etc.?

A part from the direct format, did Nate talked about some specific games in general?
No. There was nothing about software for the switch or the successor beyond general type stuff. Mostly about the next console’s specs, form factor, gimmick, etc.

The Switch 2 in March claim by Nate explains why he thinks next week's Direct is a Partner Showcase from where I'm standing. It was weird hearing that while holding upcoming first-party info, but it makes sense now.

Exciting times.

giphy.gif

Let’s hope we get the RPG blowout so I can justify putting dozens of games I will never play into my backlog and claim I am not getting a switch 2 at launch because I just got a ton more games that will take years to play but still getting it when they reveal new 3D Mario and MK9/10.

I still think it will be a regular mini. Nintendo has to update the upcoming expansion pass lineup soon, there is very little time until the Splatoon expansion and we still don’t know much about that, and Paper Mario and Luigi’s mansion both need release dates. Take all of these plus FE4 remake and add third party announcements and you have a nice little mini on your hands

I kind of want to get a read on what everyone is thinking -

What is the expectation for a next generation reveal? A press release? First Look video? Presentation?
First look video alongside the announcement of a presentation in June

What is the expectation for a next generation reveal? A press release? First Look video? Presentation?
March 1st tease, March 6th reveal. Presentation during the normal June Direct slot.

For March, I would guess a press release and lengthy trailer at minimum. Then, say May/June, a full-blown presentation. In between, third-parties will be allowed to disclose their games coming to the system.

I still think it will be a regular mini. Nintendo has to update the upcoming expansion pass lineup soon, there is very little time until the Splatoon expansion and we still don’t know much about that, and Paper Mario and Luigi’s mansion both need release dates. Take all of these plus FE4 remake and add third party announcements and you have a nice little mini on your hands
Im going with Partner for now and those announcements I guess would be twitter drops? Should be a decent show still. And ill be surprised if its a Regular Mini or General.

I think there is a small chance for a lighter General direct, less focused on first party.

Last edited:
Peach Showtime, TTYD, Side Order, FE4, Luigi's Mansion 2, a "one more thing" in the form of Metroid Prime 4 releasing in September and which will be getting a Switch 2 cross-gen update once that releases in October. Everything else third party.

Trust the process etc.

Buckle up for that March 31 reveal
Honestly, I'll be in DC for a Larry David show on the 29th (which is a Friday), so if the reveal isn't first week of March, I'm 100% down to check Twitter, see the reveal, and levitate in the streets of DC after hearing the mastermind behind Seinfeld and Curb dish for a couple hours hahaha

I was gone for 4 goddamn hours and y'all somehow increased the amount of messages on this thread by 200. This website ain't gonna survive the coming month bro.

Anyway, I'm still a believer in the Partner Showcase theory but I don't mind either way. Regardless, Go Team!!

What is the expectation for a next generation reveal? A press release? First Look video? Presentation?"
  • Tweet that says something like "please join us at X:XX AM tomorrow morning for a look at the future of Nintendo"
  • Twitter/Youtube trailer like the October Switch trailer that mostly teases at new games and 3rd party ports but also shows some older Switch 1 games running on it; ends on a title card giving the general launch window (i.e. Fall 2024 for example). Press release the same day that confirms some more basic details like storage, backwards compatibility, screen size, support for SD cards, etc
  • Big infodump (maybe a stage presentation, but I'm feeling something pre-taped) a few months later that details launch/launch window games, pricing, release date, etc

I wonder if Side Order will need a lengthier video or segment explaining its structure compared to Octo Expansion, since it looks like it has a lot of different mechanics in comparison.

Last edited:

Sounds like third parties are getting ready to announce software and retailers are getting ready to take pre-orders, so it’s not just going to be a tease or anything, it’s a full on reveal + infodump. Honesty I won’t be surprised if it’s also got a short turnaround (reveal in March, release in June)

I was gone for 4 goddamn hours and y'all somehow increased the amount of messages on this thread by 200. This website ain't gonna survive the coming month bro.

Anyway, I'm still a believer in the Partner Showcase theory but I don't mind either way. Regardless, Go Team!!

You think we are crazy now? Just wait until the lead up to the first Switch 2 showcase/direct.

So the logic is that Nintendo is holding back announcements for a new hardware focused soon afterwards and will do a Partner Showcase in the meantime? That doesn't really make sense to me.

In such a scenario, Nintendo would certainly want to hold back some of their announcements to come alongside a hardware showcase, but not all of them. The hardware announcement and release will be separated by a few months, and Nintendo will still be releasing games during those months. What makes a lot more sense to me would be to do a Direct Mini next week that features all the games releasing between now and the hardware, then announce the hardware a couple weeks afterwards, then, after another couple weeks, do a presentation focused on the launch window lineup for the new hardware, both exclusive and enhanced.

I’m so curious what the launch-year Zelda game will be. I don’t think WW/TP ports would be enough.
I’ve been waiting patiently for those HD ports, so I would welcome them with open arms. I think a remake of OoT would be very nice or even a brand new/original 2D game along the lines of ALttP or ALBW.

Sounds like third parties are getting ready to announce software and retailers are getting ready to take pre-orders, so it’s not just going to be a tease or anything, it’s a full on reveal + infodump. Honesty I won’t be surprised if it’s also got a short turnaround (reveal in March, release in June)
Not sure about the June window, but this is where I'm at otherwise. It sounds like a substantial first showing from what we're hearing, and it'd be even weirder to show this thing off in March after a partner direct in Feb without formally announcing any new titles until June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom