• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how this trailer will start off. We had the guy on the couch playing BotW. Then he got up connected his joy cons and took his Switch on the go?!!!?
The person playing TotK will activate Ultrahand and the game won't drop frames as it does the environment overlay.
Also it'll maybe be 60fps.

Nintendo probably knows the mindshare is too strong for Switch 2 so put a Partners Direct because people will forget it 5 seconds after it’s over.

Half joking

I think the guy might have the Switch 2 and walking around with it already. You see him playing TOTK or 3D Mario. Then he comes home, docks it and the whole dock and team starting glowing with the tv saying “DLSS Mode Activated”. That was a joke.

But it’s like the reverse of the Switch trailer and something happens when you dock it.
tbh I don’t think the switch 2 needs the “concept” video like the Switch 1 had. Doesn’t need the video showing you use-cases. It just needs to be like “this shit got better graphics.” More like the Switch OLED announcement video than the Switch 1 announcement video.

I, for one, welcome our new Partner Direct overlord.

(as long as it is a banger of a presentation like the one from June 2022)

tbh I don’t think the switch 2 needs the “concept” video like the Switch 1 had. Doesn’t need the video showing you use-cases. It just needs to be like “this shit got better graphics.” More like the Switch OLED announcement video than the Switch 1 announcement video.
I disagree. This is their next generation system. It should have a grand standing video regardless if it’s iterative. Nintendo will have some gimmick if some kind they’ll want to put to the front of the video.

I disagree. This is their next generation system. It should have a grand standing video regardless if it’s iterative. Nintendo will have some gimmick if some kind they’ll want to put to the front of the video.
We’ll see, I guess. I really think they’re over “gimmicks” in the traditional Nintendo sense.

The Switch 2 reveal trailer begins with the same cast from the Switch 1 reveal but they are older, more life weary. Some have kids. Some have lost contact with friends they enjoyed rooftop parties with all those years ago. The Splatoon pro team has disbanded after are two seasons failing to make the playoffs. We just to Skyrim on a plane guy. He's on another flight. This time for business. He pulls out his Switch 2, scrolls through his list of games before deciding that he's too tired to play. He puts the Switch 2 back in his bag and slowly nods off.

Can someone leak the next Asano game please? I'm over-hyped about the game, cannot wait to find out. Finger crossed for Bravely Third but I welcome something entirely different, such as Bravely Default 3. Entirely Different.

No one leaked any of the contents of the Switch reveal. But no one also told us a month ahead the reveal was coming. It’s very much different this time with Nate and Necro (N & N) leading the way with pyoro in the background

Nintendo partner Showcase/ Early Switch 2 reveal
images

Can someone leak the next Asano game please? I'm over-hyped about the game, cannot wait to find out. Finger crossed for Bravely Third but I welcome something entirely different, such as Bravely Default 3. Entirely Different.
That’s guaranteed gonna be there, can we all agree on that?

Switch 2 reveal is just going to be a shot of the console and the new logo. Calling it now. Then there will be an announcement of an info blowout that will happen in June and Geoff will claim it’s part of SGF.

Switch 2 reveal is just going to be a shot of the console and the new logo. Calling it now. Then there will be an announcement of an info blowout that will happen in June and Geoff will claim it’s part of SGF.
Necro says on his website that partners are getting ready to show software, so I think it’s gonna be more than that.

Why would Nintendo do this? It’s their next gen system. They only have one system. It will be a significant reveal. I don’t get this mindset that Nintendo is going to tame down their next generation systems reveal

Necro says on his website that partners are getting ready to show software, so I think it’s gonna be more than that.

Why would Nintendo do this? It’s their next gen system. They only have one system. It will be a significant reveal. I don’t get this mindset that Nintendo is going to tame down their next generation systems reveal
Ok. I’m convinced. Full blowout and then an onslaught of third party announcements in the days following.

Tbh the only reason to have a partner showcase now is if they’re doing the full blow out presentation next, no small teaser but a big presentation January style.

Ok. I’m convinced. Full blowout and then an onslaught of third party announcements in the days following.
That “March” Nate said folks kept hearing about last year was for them to get their games ready if they want to show it off in March, because Nintendo will reveal the system and it’s open season after that.

That “March” Nate said folks kept hearing about last year was for them to get their games ready if they want to show it off in March, because Nintendo will reveal the system and it’s open season after that.
I’ve had butterflies in my stomach ever since Nate’s podcast. Necro corroborating the March info has fueled it even more. What a time!

I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say this March is going to be amazing for Nintendo fans. We are about to get the next generation reveal which comes once every 7 years or so. We talked about the switch pro for years. So much talk for years with a new powerful system and it’s all happening next month. The floodgates will open and all the third party devs can reveal and say what they’ve been wanting to say.

I would LOVE to get a Treehouse playing Switch 2 games.

I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say this March is going to be amazing for Nintendo fans. We are about to get the next generation reveal which comes once every 7 years or so. We talked about the switch pro for years. So much talk for years with a new powerful system and it’s all happening next month. The floodgates will open and all the third party devs can reveal and say what they’ve been wanting to say.

I'm legit going to cry happy tears because the days of rumours about this thing will finally be over, at least somewhat

I figure the specifics of a reveal are all down to whatever different details might set the console apart, as highlighting that is going to be key. If more power pushing better graphics were to be the only aspect they can feasibly highlight, that'll be it, though that relies heavily on people to pick out the differences. I suspect there might be different little parts of the package, though, which might be a tad difficult to showcase -- improved motion controls and such.

I want Bravely Third SO MUCH.
I’m also open to a Bravely Default 3, but I need them to close Ringabel’s story.

The best thing about the reveal of the Switch 2 is we'll finally be able to start the Switch 2 pro speculation!

Tingle Tactics

I’m moving to a new city this month. And to be there with it coinciding with a Switch 2 reveal will give me some nostalgic memories when I look back in the future.

Also I guess rip peach showtime time in the limlight.
at least it should be an early march reveal if they don’t want to completely destroy that game.
Also the idea that peach and splatoon got snippets trailer because they’ll get big trailer at the direct got completely thrown out the window.

at least it should be an early march reveal if they don’t want to completely destroy that game.
Also the idea that peach and splatoon got snippets trailer because they’ll get big trailer at the direct got completely thrown out the window.
Rest in Peach. Nintendo screwed you over lol

rTpllv.gif

that this only happens every 7 years or so is exactly why I wish people would just stop being anxious and EMBRACE THE CHAOS

you have 7 years(or more! who can say?!) after the reveal to be dejected and worried and miserable about what they got wrong and how they have completely ruined your love of gaming with this

NOW is the time to hype and to dream and to build those hopes all the way up to heaven and spit in Zeus's eye

#TeamJanuary #NeverEverLeaving

giphy.gif

That's why I thought that Nintendo would wait until the last week of March before unveiling the Switch successor, in order to not overshadow Showtime's launch on the 22nd. I hope that's not the case though.

that this only happens every 7 years or so is exactly why I wish people would just stop being anxious and EMBRACE THE CHAOS

you have 7 years(or more! who can say?!) after the reveal to be dejected and worried and miserable about what they got wrong and how they have completely ruined your love of gaming with this

NOW is the time to hype and to dream and to build those hopes all the way up to heaven and spit in Zeus's eye

#TeamJanuary #NeverEverLeaving

giphy.gif

#WeAreNotFlinching

March: Peach game

April: Paper Mario

May: Pokémon game announced at Pokémon presents

June: Luigi’s Mansion

If the switch is revealed in March we can have a June direct showing more switch/switch 2 games.

Guess we really don’t need a February direct my dudes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom