• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the direct isn’t next week if Nate hasn’t heard about it for next week. It would explain why pyoro hasn’t said anything either
Not sure I’d reach that conclusion

Nate has stated (and been reiterated by others here) he knows format but not the date.

He said “not to my knowledge” while at the same time saying he doesn’t know date doesn’t mean it won’t happen next week.

Also Pyoro typically chimes in like 2 or 3 days before Direct - I think?

If the Direct isn't next week, where is this indie game being shadowdropped at? Because that insider has a pretty great track record. And it's not like Nintendo delay the Direct, Evening Star and Private Division would get screwed over and would have to alter their release plans.

Something isn't adding up here.
One way I could maybe see it making sense is if there's an unexpected indie world that nobody's aware of

it's a stretch and I'm not sure I'd even buy it, but you're right that the vibes feel kinda off: On the one hand we've got Nate knowing the content and format but not the date, and on the other we've got billbil-kun seeming to know the general timeframe for an indie shadowdrop they're expecting at a Nintendo event. Feels like if that much information is floating around in various bits and pieces, there shouldn't still be this much uncertainty

On the contrary:

DDpnzi3.jpeg
Lmao

Also Pyoro typically chimes in like 2 or 3 days before Direct - I think?
Pretty sure it was 5-6 days last time. Pyoro posted teases about F-Zero and Mario vs DK on the 8th of September, and the Direct happened on the 14th. If Pyoro is to leak a Direct happening next week, he'll be late compared to last time now.

I hope it’s not on the 8th or the 9th. If so, it would be the first ever direct that I’ve never seen the moment it gets posted.

Haven't checked back on this thread in a bit, we're at the "man we're not getting direct news for a while" part that leads to direct news fairly soon right?

Haven't checked back on this thread in a bit, we're at the "man we're not getting direct news for a while" part that leads to direct news fairly soon right?
nobody seems to know when it's coming and people are also convinced that it will shadowdrop a game soon, clearly the only logical answer here is that the direct itself will also be shadowdropped

right now would be a good time since nobody is expecting it, I recommend anyone that reads this to go refresh the page approximately once every 5-10 seconds for the next 6 hours

Pyoro saying on Twitter he doesnt know nothing about a direct and nate saying he knows the format but not the date.

The only reasonable explanation is the Directs have died. From now Nintendo will only announce their games in the ads that appears before Arlo and Kit Krysta's videos

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
As a backend programmer I can tell you that thats not how it works.
Unless their engineers were careless and the backend just gives you any prepared article with a flag not to publish until the date they are supposed to be (which would be really bad in this day and age, this would have only worked in the era before datamining was a prevalent as it is now), the servee would only ever give you the articles that are supposed to be published and handle any "dont publish" flag by itself internally.

Pyoro saying on Twitter he doesnt know nothing about a direct and nate saying he knows the format but not the date.

The only reasonable explanation is the Directs have died. From now Nintendo will only announce their games in the ads that appears before Arlo and Kit Krysta's videos
Finally, can’t wait for Nintendo to announce metroid prime 4 for 2024 in the ads of the arlo video “why metroid prime 4 will not release in 2024”

Just some food for thought, but it's not unlikely that a hardware announcement could lead to this Direct (or the June one, if the release is later in the year) having a somewhat disrupted schedule. Hard to say exactly what form that would take without knowing the overall plan, but it's a possibility to keep in mind.

Like you say, they don't know. We can't say that there won't be a Nintendo Direct next week.

Ah, I had a busy evening yesterday. I want to appreciate all the folks that gave me some explanation for my question.

So if Pyoro doesn't know about a direct, but Nate says he knows the format but no date, and his episode is heavily focused on Switch 2 as of reveal, launch, tech and the like. Would that mean there's no Directs, but the Switch 2 reveal/event this month? I'm prolly saying stupid stuff, but that came right to my mind.

So if Pyoro doesn't know about a direct, but Nate says he knows the format but no date, and his episode is heavily focused on Switch 2 as of reveal, launch, tech and the like. Would that mean there's no Directs, but the Switch 2 reveal/event this month? I'm prolly saying stupid stuff, but that came right to my mind.
Probably not the reveal this month, Nate has said March is very important. So, unless something completely different happens in March, or a reveal trailer in Feb then a presentation like January 2017 in March, then we wouldn't have something important. I'm leaning on Direct in 2 weeks and reveal in March.

I know this is very unlikely but If the console is not a new concept and it is a switch 2 with more power, they could skip the reveal trailer and do directly a presentation in march. They only need to notify, for example, 1 month before that the new generation is close and the presentation will be X day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom