• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.png

Has that BotW sequel already been released? Trailers so far have been underwhelming but they're probably hiding a lot!

sigh, innocent times

I swear people were even saying that after TotK trailer 3.

“Sky islands, vehicle crafting, new underground area, new story and characters, time reversal etc etc etc but what’s the HOOK? They are really holding their cards close to their chest, huh…”

Mario Maker 2 the best opener probably followed by Luigi’s Mansion 3. Luigi’s Mansion 3 didn’t look very good when it was announced. I saw groups like Easy Allies thinking it was a 3DS game lol.

Mario Maker 2 the best opener probably followed by Luigi’s Mansion 3. Luigi’s Mansion 3 didn’t look very good when it was announced. I saw groups like Easy Allies thinking it was a 3DS game lol.

Mario Maker was a fantastic opening. A right out of the gate banger.

I can’t believe we’re finally getting the Direct of 4.
Metroid prime 4, Fe4 remake, fighter’s pass 4, splatoon dlc side order getting reworked into splatoon 4, final fantasy and the 4 heroes of light, mario vs 4 donkey kong and as a closer peach will be starring in a brand new gaming universe consisting of 4 new games releasing in the next 4 years. No f-zero pls understand

people would constantly talk about the fart direct for years

June 2026 Direct reaction thread: "remember the last switch 1 direct where they didn't have anything so takahashi just stood there audibly farting with a boom mic held up to the seat of his pants? that direct was better than this shit"

I can’t believe we’re finally getting the Direct of 4.
Metroid prime 4, Fe4 remake, fighter’s pass 4, splatoon dlc side order getting reworked into splatoon 4, final fantasy and the 4 heroes of light, mario vs 4 donkey kong and as a closer peach will be starring in a brand new gaming universe consisting of 4 new games releasing in the next 4 years. No f-zero pls understand

After the year of 3 - Splatoon, Bayo and Xenoblade - we are overdue for the year of 4.

I actually have noticed some activity on Pyoro's Twitter account.

A few days ago they were following all of those weird Pyoro alt accounts (i.e PyorosDolphin) and thus had around 64 users in their "Following Tab", but now they have 55, as they have seemed to unfollowed all of the alformentioned Pyoro accounts.

Nothing will go as hard as the last 3DS Direct when there was a whole story with Bill eating donuts and then going to Wuhu Island. Go watch it, now. The last frame with levitating 3DS is the peak Nintendo. How the fuck they even come up with this shit.

I really miss these wacky moments in directs. they were charming.

I actually have noticed some activity on Pyoro's Twitter account.

A few days ago they were following all of those weird Pyoro alt accounts (i.e PyorosDolphin) and thus had around 64 users in their "Following Tab", but now they have 55, as they have seemed to unfollowed all of the alformentioned Pyoro accounts.
The Nintendo ninjas doing some cleanup

Remember a few weeks ago when someone kept posting tweets from the German Pyoro account acting like they were the real deal? Wild times.

Oh that was just a few days ago? Ok...

Remember a few weeks ago when someone kept posting tweets from the German Pyoro account acting like they were the real deal? Wild times.

Oh that was just a few days ago? Ok...

Ich gebe zu, ich bin das deutsche Pyoro account.

No, i am not, but be honest, you believed me for a second cause i wrote it in german.

Finally, today is the day. A new Rhythm Heaven made exclusively for the Nintendo Switch, featuring a full lineup of brand new tracks.

Retro Studios employee liked today's Direct announcement on Nintendo's LinkedIn

I won't deceive myself, amen

I don’t want to make this a big deal, but the “I have to make this a big deal” person inside of me has to do it. For the sake of humanity I must.

Took a break from Direct speculation and read Eurogamer's Starfield review, which is a great piece of writing.

Yet to give the game a go myself, because I made a deal with myself. Finish Telltale's Expanse (which wraps up next weekend) then resub to Game Pass and start Starfield. Finish XBC3 Future Redeemed (I'm 16 hours in) and then I'm allowed to start Sea of Stars.

Last edited:
After watching all the mk1 fatalities I’m just picturing an mk game with all the Nintendo higher ups we meme about. Kimishima punching someone’s head off just sounds really funny to me

Just fyi, I too, liked the Direct announcement on Nintendo's channels

and I like monkeys.

so, win-win.

I am so hyped and confident about Metroid Prime 4 that I have, like, gone beyond usual expectations and into some kind of zen state of it’s happening.

I didn’t like the direct announcement and I don’t have any game to announce for the direct. Unlike retro studios and prime 4

There's certainly info about the game out there (I have a fair bit). But timing is another matter.

Nate, since I missed the Streamlab question window:

What do you think about Wind Waker possibly getting announced at this Direct?

Whats your personal thought on this project in general at this very moment?

In terms of Smol Things I'd like to see today, it would 100% be a new eShop title from HAL, along the lines of Boxboy and or Part-time UFO.
A Boxboy trilogy makes all the sense in the world

(i say as a totally-neutral party, not just someone who skipped the 2nd and 3rd game on 3DS and is kicking myself for it)

Contrary from the previous Directs, I think it's unlikely this one will feature MP4 since at this point it would be better to just reveal it as a cross gen game with the new console.

Which probably means it's happening today.

I don’t want to make this a big deal, but the “I have to make this a big deal” person inside of me has to do it. For the sake of humanity I must.

This is getting conspiratiorial but do they do this for every Direct or only the ones where they have a game? Did they do it for the Feburary 2023 Direct?

I’m not feeling Prime 4 as cross-gen.

Cross gen has always felt like a first-party thing.

I dunno, just has that aura.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom