• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peach and Ninjas??
Come to think of it, the footage they showed of the Peach game had some ninja-looking characters in it.

wrHqizI.png

I mean I’d rather it be based off X. But if F-Zero 99 is Snes inspired give me the GP2/jazz arrange album OST as an option

Yeah I really did Pyoro would touch upon F-Zero more and say at the very least if there's gonna be anything else outside of F-Zero 99, just to help adjust expectations.

I agree! I don't usually participate in our Direct speculation threads, this has been my first time. It's honestly been a blast. Even if Metroid Prime 4 is absent yet again, the true Process is the friends we made along the way.
For anyone who doesn't understand The Process, this is all you need to know.

A blast? A BLAST? You think getting our hopes and dreams crushed is 'a blast'? You don't even like Nintendo, so you have no idea how it feels not to get a new monkey game.

Welcome back to the block list pal 🖕
I wasn't always calm about these things. The first 278 Nintendo Directs with no Metroid in them were hard. Challenging. Brutal. I was definitely a copey malder.

But I believe I've grown resilient. Confident in my resolve. A callus began to form itself around my soul, and suddenly, it no longer mattered if the game I was hoping for was a no show... because there would always be a next time.

I believe one day, you too will experience this. The day will come when AngryAlchemist becomes HappyAlchemist. Trust The Process. This is the way. Umbasa.

I am all in for F-Zero 99, I know it's not comparable given the vastly different amount of entries but Mario 35 was the most fun I'd had with 2D Mario since SMW. Even with an old presentation, that new twist was bloody inspired and I can't wait to see how F-Zero's interpretation comes out. Don't get me wrong, I'd love an excuse to play GX again for the first time in almost two decades, but 99 would be an utter treat.

yeah I'm pulling this discussion trigger

what if it's a Mini?
Why would it be a Mini?

2 or 3 first party announcements is par for the course in September. Add updates on 6 or 7 existing first party games and you've got a good chunk of the presentation there. Then, with indies and third parties, it'll be plenty full.

Not only would Another Code remakes be hype on their own, it also means it’s possible for the same thing to happen to the Hotel Dusk games in the future too. Save the CING games from DS purgatory and then bring back Rita Suzuki so she doesn’t have to work on that sketchy ass Hitler game.

The more we ask for a Metroid Prime 4 confirmation, the more the process will turn against us for lacking faith!

I do have to ask, is F-Zero 99 really a certainty? I know there was the other Pyoro tweet about the other 99 thing ending, but didn't he like a joking post from someone saying "me" when asking what the Direct closer was? Unless there was some other hint within that I missed? I do think it's possible some of Pyoro's likes at least shouldn't be taken as full hints.

I believe one day, you too will experience this. The day will come when AngryAlchemist becomes HappyAlchemist. Trust The Process. This is the way. Umbasa.
Lol sometimes I forget about how my own name can be used against me and this is why I rarely forget 😭 had to do a pun oof

Wait...it is?? That's not what I thought at all. Ugh, screw it!

PYORO, IS PRIME 4 IN THIS DIRECT OR NOT?
This was way funnier than it had any right to be

Why would it be a Mini?

2 or 3 first party announcements is par for the course in September. Add updates on 6 or 7 existing first party games and you've got a good chunk of the presentation there. Then, with indies and third parties, it'll be plenty full.
I think the big problem a lot of people have with it being a full direct is that only 1 of the games showcased actually released before this Direct. It's kinda hard to imagine there being some big announcements when Mario Wonder and RPG, Warioware, Detective Pikachu, Batman, Star Ocean, Princess Peach's game, Luigi's Mansion 2, and practically every other game that isn't Pikmin 4 aren't out yet. The year is STACKED, so it feels weird to have a Direct right now.

I do have to ask, is F-Zero 99 really a certainty? I know there was the other Pyoro tweet about the other 99 thing ending, but didn't he like a joking post from someone saying "me" when asking what the Direct closer was? Unless there was some other hint within that I missed? I do think it's possible some of Pyoro's likes at least shouldn't be taken as full hints.
Not everything he likes is Direct related for sure

I mean nothing really is certain in the grand scheme of things

Koizumi's butt dance + the Mario segment oscar acting from the latest Direct are missing but either way it's your complete package.

My favourite one still is Koizumi randomly flying away after scoring in a volleyball match.

Though you missed the Super Nintendo World Direct where Miyamoto is roaming through the park with many great moments. Like him jumping out a life sized pipe, remarking that eating Popcorn while walking around might seem ill mannered while walking and eating Popcorn or saying Goodbye to Mario and Luigi with „Okay, Dad’s busy now“

Last edited:
I think the big problem a lot of people have with it being a full direct is that only 1 of the games showcased actually released before this Direct. It's kinda hard to imagine there being some big announcements when Mario Wonder and RPG, Warioware, Detective Pikachu, Batman, Star Ocean, Princess Peach's game, Luigi's Mansion 2, and practically every other game that isn't Pikmin 4 aren't out yet. The year is STACKED, so it feels weird to have a Direct right now.
It’s going to be a general direct. We go through this every year…

That doesn't explain why it would be a Mini.

There's nothing weird about it being Direct time. It's September and Tokyo Game Show is soon, which means Japanese third parties want to announce games. It's also perfect timing before Christmas for Nintendo to further advertise their forthcoming titles, and it's well timed for them to announce and advertise early 2024 titles. It's the standard strategy for them in the Switch era.

That doesn't explain why it would be a Mini.

There's nothing weird about it being Direct time. It's September and Tokyo Game Show is soon, which means Japanese third parties want to announce games. It's also perfect timing before Christmas for Nintendo further advertise their forthcoming titles, and it's well timed for them to announce and advertise early 2024 titles. It's the standard strategy for them in the Switch era.
Also... the September General Direct being the most consistent timingwise and branding wise

I Hope that F-Zero 99 us a joke !

I’m keen to know how Pyoro gets these infos, I can’t imagine the Direct would have been uploaded to YouTube at this point right? Then if it’s leaks through retail, how would they know about titles specifically for NSO?

Um, these are all arbitrary timelines ascribed by you. Especially since any one of these things could end up on new hardware next year (new 3D Mario) or splitting gens next year (Metroid Prime 4).
These are not arbitrary timelines, because they’re significantly longer than the typical development time for these types of games

Same! So now I need him to say Prime 2 Remastered shadowdrop X')
And I need him to say MP4 is being shown in any capacity 😭
I’m hoping he heard stuff on Prime being in this direct.
Me too!!! Hope he teases something.
He said in his Discord that MP4 "is definitely ready to be shown off" but doesn't know if it's going to be in the Direct
Yeah I think MP4 has been ready for showing for awhile but more like TotK was ready to show at E3 2021 and they don't really want to show it like that but instead more like TotK at the September Direct where they can be committed to a set release date. Or at least like Bayonetta 3 where the game would be still a year away but with them being dead certain it'd make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom