• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drop the time changeing, but keep the standard time. Thanks. I like my bio-rythm not to be a mess the whole year for the rest if my life.

Believe it or not they have a history of doing special editions shortly before or after revisions.

It's a way to help move stock of the old model since most people will want to get the new one.
So basically today a Splatoon 3 themed OLED will be announced to be released along with Splatoon 3 in September and some days later a New Switch will be announced releasing for October/November ? 🤔

I am confused

If we are indeed getting Splatoon OLED today then I don't see a switch pro being announced in July also. If it is coming this year, then I would see a possible announcement being pushed to August to let the hype for the Splatoon one live for a bit. I feel a newer model announced a week after would hurt the Splatoon OLED's sales. Also, what if we get mini interesting announcements all summer?

What’s the sense of releasing a revision in september then announcing a enhanced console some days later (or even one month later) It won’t help sales of a supposed Splatoon 3 themed OLED since people would get straight on the newer console

Supposed you’re saying a September announcement for a New Nintendo Switch
I mean, these game themed consoles are usually limited in quantities, you won't see Nintendo still producing them a few months later.

So basically today a Splatoon 3 themed OLED will be announced to be released along with Splatoon 3 in September and some days later a New Switch will be announced releasing for October/November ? 🤔

I am confused
Some days/weeks/months, yeah. Apparently.

If we are indeed getting Splatoon OLED today then I don't see a switch pro being announced in July also. If it is coming this year, then I would see a possible announcement being pushed to August to let the hype for the Splatoon one live for a bit. I feel a newer model announced a week after would hurt the Splatoon OLED's sales. Also, what if we get mini interesting announcements all summer?
It’s not that big of a deal. It’s going to be limited quantity and enough Splatoon fans will buy it all up.

Some days/weeks/months, yeah. Apparently.
Even in that case, it is really necessary a new Switch revision today? Because i think Nintendo isn’t that picky on hardware choices and they rather focus on deliver titles (tldr it is not Microsoft flexing their 12Tflops hw but they work on games) and third parties would develop specific titles for a unique console that will not sell ever like a regular Switch?

I‘m still a bit confused but this is getting interesting.

Might be because my sleep schedule is already fucked but daylight savings never bother me only thing I notice is that it gets darker earlier but it doesnt affect me

Even in that case, it is really necessary a new Switch revision today? Because i think Nintendo isn’t that picky on hardware choices and they rather focus on deliver titles (tldr it is not Microsoft flexing their 12Tflops hw but they work on games) and third parties would develop specific titles for a unique console that will not sell ever like a regular Switch?

I‘m still a bit confused but this is getting interesting.
I’m confused how you’re confused lol

I know not of this "Muncle" that you speak of. I only know about "Grunkle".

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Again, the source saying to expect a Splatoon 3 OLED Switch in an hour and a half is the same source saying that the new Drake Switch will indeed launch this year. So the former being true is actually a pretty good sign that the latter could also be true.
Lol. Imagine trying to explain this.
Person A: Oh wow you’re really excited for this Splatoon model OLED. I guess that means you’re getting it?
Person B: Hell no! This just means their next announcement will be the greatest!

Might be because my sleep schedule is already fucked but daylight savings never bother me only thing I notice is that it gets darker earlier but it doesnt affect me
Sleep-wise it also doesn't affect me that much, but to me it's just depressing when it gets dark outside at like 5pm. It just takes the wind out of my sails.

Also a French account that has connections with most french retailers (he has access to the number of copies Nintendo/publishers offer to retailers) posted this teasing it:

To be fair though, that was nearly a month ago. The Chinese rumor specifically said the announcement is happening today, 30 minutes from now.

Also a French account that has connections with most french retailers (he has access to the number of copies Nintendo/publishers offer to retailers) posted this teasing it:

That's it! That was the account I was referring too. The guy has legit sources, he was the one who teased Zelda news on the same week Age of Calamity was announced in 2020.

It could also explain why insiders haven’t heard anything. Usually, Nate doesn’t hear anything until a month or so out and if the Pro isn’t being announced until August or September, then it’s too early.

Of course Nintendo could be doing a much better job not letting anything leak on this.

That's it! That was the account I was referring too. The guy has legit sources, he was the one who teased Zelda news on the same week Age of Calamity was announced in 2020.
His sources are always retailer based so anything he says tends to be announced quickly, Splatoon 3 OLED was probably going to be announced in E3 imo

While we are waiting for Splatoon OLED and new trailer here is Miyamoto playing prototype of Splatoon and devs using 3D World stage

I know that I personally am guilty of engaging with discussion of a series or game online when I have little knowledge of it. As Nintendo fans, I imagine a lot of us do. All the same, it has really surprised me how many people have completely dismissed Splatoon 3 despite all of the foundational improvements to gameplay.

I imagine it's mostly the sort of people who don't really play multiplayer games. A multiplayer game is all about those fundamentals, because you'll play the same content hundreds, or even thousands, of times. The improved movement, new mobility options, overhauled specials, and better stage design all combine to make this a very, very compelling upgrade from 2.

I swear there’s going to be some dudes talking how Nintendo f’ed us again. First Xenoblade 3 direct, then Mini direct and a Splatoon 3 knife OLED switch to the back
How can people complain? There's legit SOO many good quality games that just released and going to release. At this point, is there a need for a General Direct until September or next year? The schedule is for 2022 is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom