• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some predictions

Opening
Metroid Prime Redux, launching 02.12.2022

Headlines
Henshin a go-go baby! Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 HD collection, coming January 2023
The Dark Knight Rises on Nintendo Switch! Batman Return to Arkham coming to Switch in October 2022
Some adventures are better in pairs! It Takes Two coming to Nintendo Switch in 2023

Middle reveal
Donkey Kong Banana Blast, multiplayer Adventure DK game in the Style of SM3DW, coming March 2023

More headlines
Time to get in the ring! AEW Fight Forever first Switch gameplay revealed
Try to get Ogre this one! Tactics Ogre systems and updates detailed
Time to return to the world of Skyrim! Free anniversary update for all current owners launching today

Next reveal
Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp gameplay blowout, now coming February 2023

3rd party sizzle reel
No Man’s Sky
Persona 5
Super Bomberman R 2
Various others

Closer
Anouma appears!
Zelda WW/TP HD collection coming January 2023
Zelda animated movie in the works by the team behind the Mario movie, no date yet.
New trailer for BOTW2, now launching May 2023
Mostly reasonable. I think we probably see Fire Emblem, and get something about Prime 4

Btw....was Nate's "miracle game" ever announced/released??
If I'm not mistaken the miracle game is GoldenEye remake, but given the state of the world with Russia's ongoing aggression against Ukraine, the announcement let alone release is probably not coming for a long while yet.

If I'm not mistaken the miracle game is GoldenEye remake, but given the state of the world with Russia's ongoing aggression against Ukraine, the announcement let alone release is probably not coming for a long while yet.
I thought it was Halo, but that he hadn't heard any updates and assumed it was cancelled

EDIT: Or was that the "Mario on PlayStation" hint? Were those different hints?

I think the next time they'll talk about advance wars will be like two weeks before they drop it
Yeah, Advance Wars is gonna get swept under the rug as much as possible. It's gonna suck for the devs but there's no way Nintendo markets this thing like they were originally supposed to.

I thought it was Halo, but that he hadn't heard any updates and assumed it was cancelled

EDIT: Or was that the "Mario on PlayStation" hint? Were those different hints?
I thought I remembered Mario on PlayStation being a Zell hint along with 'I just wanted to stop by and say Halo', which iirc Nate corroborated and then like a year later said progress stalled and hadn't heard a peep from sources since.

Which, if Saber is doing the port work, they're backlogged somewhere in their process with whatever projects they have bringing the next game to Switch.

(I am hoping this invokes Cunningham's Law because I genuinely would love to know the truth if I'm totally off-base here lol)

I remember Halo
Then maybe I am wrong 😅 I really thought I recalled Nate clarified GoldenEye being the miracle game and the Halo rumor being separate, but given the status of both I'm fully expecting Timesplitters to get a new entry before either lol

Direct is 44 minutes, book it.

Sincerely, gut feeling.

BN9FQk.gif

So I wrote off on reporting on Zippo awhile ago. The reasoning being that it looked like he was throwing everything at the wall and seeing what would stick - he has gotten so much wrong, the list is looking almost 6 to 1 in terms of wrong to correct. Now I know projects get cancelled and I know some things take a long time, but he has stated things in the past like "the lineup of a direct" and then literally none of those things were in the direct.

A lot of the flack he gets is because of stuff like that. It's fine Emily if you want to vouch a little and think he has good intentions and possibly a real source, but the facts are what the facts are. Zippo is wrong 90% of the time, and that's just not a good look.

I don't mind if he posted here and if he did, maybe we would get more transparency on his rumors. But as someone who reports on this stuff, Zippo comes off as someone just making it up. Funny Samus Hunter was mentioned - she vanished (as did sylux hunter) on July 19th and hasn't been seen since.
To be open minded, perhaps Emily has heard some of the things Zippo has, but where as Emily is a professional and withholds until they're confident, Zippo gets overly eager and reports on everything they hear from their sources. This would create a weird dynamic where to the outside, it looks like Zippo is just making shit up all the time, but to an insider they know Zippo isn't making stuff up, they're just not doing due process to wait until they have more definitive evidence.

It still doesn't help Zippo's credibility all that much though, since if you're unable to filter between the things you've heard that ultimately go nowhere and the stuff that actually happens, I can't rely on your info. Of course if ultimately Zippo's most recent batch info is nails on accurate, then I'll believe that maybe they've changed their method of vetting info and give them a bit more runaway on their next rumor.

My take on Zippo has basically always been that he has at least one legit source, but he either receives a fair bit of bad info, fills in blanks himself (poorly), or straight up makes stuff up.

I know nobody asked but

Metroid (NES): 6/10
Metroid II: Return of Samus: 7/10
Super Metroid: 10/10
Metroid Fusion: 8/10
Metroid Prime: 10/10
Metroid: Zero Mission: 10/10
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: 9/10
Metroid Prime Pinball: 6/10
Metroid Prime Hunters: 5/10
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: 8/10
Metroid Prime Trilogy: 10/10
Metroid: Other M: 2/10
Metroid Prime: Federation Force: 6/10
Metroid: Samus Returns: 8/10
Metroid Dread: 9/10

I know nobody asked but

Metroid (NES): 6/10
Metroid II: Return of Samus: 7/10
Super Metroid: 10/10
Metroid Fusion: 8/10
Metroid Prime: 10/10
Metroid: Zero Mission: 10/10
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: 9/10
Metroid Prime Pinball: 6/10
Metroid Prime Hunters: 5/10
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: 8/10
Metroid Prime Trilogy: 10/10
Metroid: Other M: 2/10
Metroid Prime: Federation Force: 6/10
Metroid: Samus Returns: 8/10
Metroid Dread: 9/10

You did Prime Pinball dirty. 8/10.

Direct predictions:

Opener: Metroid Prime (January 2023) Yeah they're just gonna keep the original title, and it won't make it out this holiday.

Showcase titles: Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope deep dive, Skyrim Anniversary Edition coming in October, release date trailers for Mega Man Battle Network and Bomberman, It Takes Two and Mass Effect Legendary Edition coming in 2023

Middle Announcement: New Super Mario Bros World coming March 2023. Retains the old artstyle but with new details to make things more lively. Mario, Luigi, Toad, Nabbit, Peach, and Rosalina all playable

Showcase Titles: Oxenfree 2 and Alan Wake Remastered launching in October because fuck your wallet, Batman Arkham Collection launching in December, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC launching in December, Hogwarts Legacy coming to Switch in summer 2023, Sea of Stars launching on Switch in Spring 2023, Sonic Frontiers trailer, Bayonetta 3 trailer, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet story trailer

Semi-Closer: Ace Attorney 7 is a timed Switch exclusive, launching in 2023

Closer: Zelda Blowout. Windwaker HD and Twilight Princess HD launching in December, BOTW2 gets a title and launches in June 2023

I just realized that this is the first direct in years where I don't have to put a Mega Man collection on my wishlist since Battle Network was already announced!

Zippo's track record is like what the angry randoms posit actual reputable source track records to be.

Mostly wrong, occasionally right, not really worth the attention.

He's the kind of source that can be validated after a claim comes through, but not one to lend credence before the fact.

I just realized that this is the first direct in years where I don't have to put a Mega Man collection on my wishlist since Battle Network was already announced!
Til I have a modern way of playing Rockman & Forte (Super Fami), X Command Mission, Network Transmission and the Gameboy MM and MMX, it ain't truly over though!

So, here's a weird question... how are they gonna do the Game Boy and Game Boy Advance NSO controllers?
I think they just sell a Game Boy-shaped Bluetooth controller but the screen is just a piece of plastic and not actually functional. Same with GBA.

I am very unlikely to trust him as a source after the rumor he pushed of a new mainline Mario Kart on Switch, despite how incredibly unlikely it seemed to everyone from the start and his push back to people who doubted that rumor. Then 2 years later we finally get an answer with Nintendo adding huge DLC to MK8D which makes it clear a new Mario Kart wont happen on Switch.

I still recall Zippo saying Paper Mario with partners (which was true in a monkey’s paw way lol) and NEW 2D Metroid 5 (pretty much no one else got that specific with it)

I do think he’s had sources.
Paper Mario wasn’t a return to form which was the big deal

I am very unlikely to trust him as a source after the rumor he pushed of a new mainline Mario Kart on Switch, despite how incredibly unlikely it seemed to everyone from the start and his push back to people who doubted that rumor. Then 2 years later we finally get an answer with Nintendo adding huge DLC to MK8D which makes it clear a new Mario Kart wont happen on Switch.

To be fair, he said we were getting a new Mario Kart and then Home Circuit came out later that year. Obviously not the one most of us wanted, but Zippo wasn't exactly wrong either.

To be fair, he said we were getting a new Mario Kart and then Home Circuit came out later that year. Obviously not the one most of us wanted, but Zippo wasn't exactly wrong either.

I seem to recall he claimed it was "Mario Kart X" or Nintendo Kart or something like that.

We need a Direct length poll.

1. Approx. 30 minutes
2. Approx. 35 minutes
3. Approx. 40 minutes
4. Approx. 45 minutes
5. Approx. 50 minutes
6. Approx. 55 minutes
7. Approx. 1 hour
4. It will be slightly longer, because we had a third party only direct instead of a normal one (mostly wishful thinking though)

I recently finished Ghost Trick on my DSi XL so I predict a sequel and or remake.

Also Soul Hackers 2 will get a Switch port announcement for next year, to stay clear of Persona 5 and because I'm playing the remake of the first game on my 3DS now.

This is how this works, thank me for playing those games right now.

Is the playstation thing actually happening this week? I've heard very little about it, even rumors. Seems a bit quiet. Although I guess with Labor Day it'd probably be announced tomorrow if it is happening.

I thought about it, and I think the Zelda ports happening this year might be because of the BOTW2 delay.
If the game was delayed to after March, so in the next Fiscal Year, Nintendo will obviously have a 10-15+ million software sales gap for this fiscal year expectations.
And well, what better way to fill it than a double pack of two loved Zelda games? It will surely sell millions in barely any time.

Zelda is coming spring 2023. Don’t keep assuming March. Spring goes into June. Nintendo was confident to give you a season now. Nothing has to be delayed

I just hope the actor they choose to voice Diddy Kong in the Donkey Kong spinoff film will be someone I can at least tolerate.
Thinking about keeping it in the circle that Rogan runs with, Michael Cera or Jay Baruchel would work.

Plus keeping it Canadian, I guess 😅

Seems like a prime role for Justin Beiber to play
Ew. But points for Canada again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom