• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news! It already exists:
91UGilHbn-L._SX385_.jpg
Bad news! Is made by Arzest (future DK 2D devs)

I honestly think Tales of Arise is a matter of when for late port.
Maybe, but Bandai Namco's late port strategy seems to revolve almost exclusively around anime-based games. At one point I was utterly convinced that Soulcalibur VI on Switch was a matter of time and, well... still waiting on that.

I’ve read rumors that MGS trilogy will get an remaster. Any bets that it will slip Switch if it is real?

Okay, IT'S TIME, full Direct predictions, right here, right now:

Nintendo Direct 9.14.22. Approx. 40 minutes long

- This Direct will have a branding change, we've had the same style for the past 3 years, so I think they'll change up the BGM and headline design. I really think they wanna keep things fresh, idk

- Metroid Prime HD: It's here, and it's coming this year. Redone models and textures, the full nine-yards, we won't be having any arguments about whether the graphics are good enough, instead everyone will be fighting about the $60 USD price tag. Releases December 2nd.

- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet: Yes, they'll have a trailer here, probably even a major section during the presentation. I expect a few new Mons and regional forms, as well some new gameplay features, the trailer will be meaty for sure.

- Pushmo?: The last three Directs have had a, "crazy announcement that makes Gamer_G scream (Superstars, Forgotten Land, Strikers)" and this is gonna be the one of the Direct. I'll lose my mind and like five other people here will think it's pretty neat. Releases October 6th.

- Fire Emblem: Rogers' House: Everything that's been leaked plus whatever you, the reader has been expecting. I think it'll be out EARLY next year, some time before a certain tentpole title launches. Releases January 27th.

- Bayonetta 3: Gets a trailer, probably (hopefully) doesn't reveal too much, also confirms amiibo support.

- M+RSoH: Yup, it's here...

- Mario Strikers Battle League Wave 2: Pauline, Diddy Kong, and Birdo join the roster in this wave, alongside an icy stadium. some new gear set, and other changes, like the ability to have multiple of any character on the same team will debut in this update, shadow dropping later in the day.

- Game Boy and Game Boy Colour NSO: Available to even base NSO subscribers, the new app will feature a variety of titles from both systems. There will also be some other special features, like custom colour palettes for original Game Boy titles, and connectivity with the NSO N64 app (online multiplayer will also still be here). The app will launch on September 16th with 20 titles. Multiple titles will be added monthly for a while as expected, but Nintendo will now make only one trailer per month highlighting all the games coming to all 5 apps during that timeframe.

- Nintendo Switch Sports Fall Update: Almost forgot about this one! Golf is coming to the game on September 27th, and they'll tease an update launching in December that'll include basketball and dodgeball.

- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Wave 2: Sorry, I haven't played this one, and don't really know what the update entails from the description given. It'll be shown off and given a November release window.

- THE FUCKING MARIO MOVIE: YAHOOO WIPEEE TRAILER HERE takes a shit Seth Rogen laugh APRIL WHENEVER THE DATE WAS I FORGET:D.

One more thing...

- Eiji Aonuma appears in front of a black background, we all know what's coming, we're only 33 minutes in, but there's only one game left to talk about, it's time.

- The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of the Void: YEAH, edgy title, I know, cool ass trailer, shows us gameplay mechanics, an additional underground world, and glimpses at a few characters, before hitting us with the real kicker, 3.10.23. Of course it isn't March 3rd, that'd be too perfect, Nintendo wouldn't do that.

Reasons why ____ isn't here:

- WWHD or TPHD: It's just not time yet, I know what Grubb said but still, Botw2 needs it's marketing cycle to start, and either of them (not both, no way Nintendo doesn't sell them individually for full price) would get overshadowed by it, I genuinely think the earliest we see either title is like, February 2024.

- F-ZERO: ...Really? REALLY? You guys are jerks, you think I'd actually get my hopes up for THAT? Pffffffft, yeah right.

- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 3: I would LOVE to see this right now, but Nintendo made us wait nearly 5 MONTHS for wave 2, which will barely be a month old once this Direct airs. Based on how Tour has marketed the pass, (featuring the wave's non-city Tour track in the first major Tour after the wave releases) and with the knowledge that Merry Mountain will be in the next wave, wave 3 should be out in mid-late November, just before the game's yearly Holiday Tour. The only thing I could POSSIBLY see happening is a first look at some non-BCP content coming out at the same time as the third wave (which I REALLY hope happens), but I really don't think they'll show gameplay of all 8 courses over 2 months before launch.

- Mario Party Superstars DLC: Don't make me laugh:mad:

- Any other heavily rumoured game: Kid Icarus and the gang are things I think will happen, but I see no need to reveal them here, as I think I've filled up Nintendo's lineup quite nicely, and whatever's next can be revealed at the first Direct of 2023.

A whooping 0.674157303% of the site just voted to ban Nintendo Direct discussion altogether and ya'll act like it's nothing.
In America this would almost be enough to win an election

Yeah sorry I wasn't clearer, meant releasing a new game with the same title would be funny lol
No worries, I was really only trying to set up for the Young Neil "new-new" joke 😅

If it makes you feel any better, it'll be a day one buy for me no matter the price. This ain't no LoU pt 1 remake situation.
Ironically, I wouldn't be surprised if TLOU1 ends up being a bigger update. The main issue there is that the game is already playable on the platform and can be obtained for less money. As mentioned, the accessibility options look genuinely fantastic, but if they are not relevant or useful to you it may be hard to justify the cost

For Prime, they don't have to do much to make it worth it since the game is not otherwise available on Switch (although to be clear it sounds like a substantial amount of effort has been put into it)

I think I’m gonna go insane if the Prime remake discourse just boils down to price complaints
I mean, that's what's gonna happen.
People will complain that Nintendo is reselling a 20 years old game for 60 dollars, they'll say that Nintendo is anti consumer and Nintendo fans will buy any 60 dollar ports because they're blind loyalist. Also with the numerous rumours of metroid prime trilogy on the switch they'll also say that Nintendo is greedy for releasing only one game and they're just exploiting their fanbase by selling old games full price one by one.
I've summed up the entire metroid prime hd discourse for the next 3 months.

Maybe, but Bandai Namco's late port strategy seems to revolve almost exclusively around anime-based games. At one point I was utterly convinced that Soulcalibur VI on Switch was a matter of time and, well... still waiting on that.
You mean, like tv anime ip? Because anime in general is what the Tales of saga is 😌.

I bought tales of arise on sale for PS4, I wish it comes to the switch. I would buy it in a heart beat!

It’s been like 4 years of Metroid Prime remake/trilogy rumors. Folks, don’t get your hopes up.
Remake rumors have only started in the last year or so, and have hit a boiling point with multiple trustworthy sources claiming it's coming this year. Prime Trilogy rumors have been dead since last year. Emily, Nate, and Grubb have all talked about Prime HD at length.

Wait the TLOU1 remake reviews came out today?
And the 90 curse lives on. Can't wait for botw2 to get an 89 on metacritic.

You mean, like tv anime ip? Because anime in general is what the Tales of saga is 😌.

I bought tales of arise on sale for PS4, I wish it comes to the switch. I would buy it in a heart beat!
Yeah, I meant it as in "based on anime (or manga) IP", sorry for not being clearer.

I would also buy it if it was ported; hell, I would buy anything else from the Tales series if they ported it to Switch. Kind of weird that they didn't do anything in that regard after Vesperia considering that one supposedly sold really well on Switch.

TLOU remake should review even lower. I love the original but the fact that they're charging more for a game that only looks prettier on a console where I already can play an improved version of the original is simply a scam.

TLOU remake should review even lower. I love the original but the fact that they're charging more for a game that only looks prettier on a console where I already can play an improved version of the original is simply a scam.
I get the issue, and it indeed shouldn't be at that price, but this is clearly just for the enthusiasts. They haven't and aren't gonna remove(d) The Last of Us: Remastered from the PS Store or from the PS Plus Collection so people who want to play that can play that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom