• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly expect a new indie world before an actual Direct now because of that Fear Effect Reinvented trailer stating the is coming sooner than you think.

Mario slander going on here

The entire cast of Mario characters are great. They’re all so charming in their own ways, and they do so much with such simple elements. None of the characters are really all that deep, but they make the most of what they have. Especially in series like Luigi’s Mansion or the Paper Mario games.

The older RPGs are probably the other big exception to this for me. Thousand Year Door, SMRPG, and Superstar Saga especially.

The older Mario Strikers games also sorta had a neat edge.

If Mario has million fans, then I'm one of them.
If Mario has one fan, then I'm THAT ONE.
If Mario has no fans, that means I'm dead.

...I don't know, I'm the kind of person who will actively play as Mario in any spinoff, I'm not exactly representative of the wider gaming populace.

I like mario as a character. He has his charm especially in Mario galaxy and odyssey. He's just a lovable guy who thanks us when we play his games. How can you not like him?

I honestly expect a new indie world before an actual Direct now because of that Fear Effect Reinvented trailer stating the is coming sooner than you think.
That's typically how it goes during August/September. It's why I wasn't on board with a general next week. However, all of the speculation made me think maybe an indie direct will happen after a general.

Odyssey slander incoming.

I played those game after i played Luigi's Mansion 3. After seeing NLG's amazing cinematics and so much animation everywhere i think that spoiled me. Odyssey felt unfinished by comparison. Of course, its not like its badly animated, its just lacking in that department. A lot.

I understand if people disagree with me of course, but i think a more cinematic main mario game could be an interesting thing.

I also felt the game never reached the heights of 3D World's levels or Bowser's fury's amazing music. Which is amusing cause initially 3D World was criticized for being samey and Odyssey was lauded for being the one to ''return creativity to the franchise'' and Bowser's Fury was composed by a newcomer who had never touched the franchise lol.

Odyssey slander incoming.

I played those game after i played Luigi's Mansion 3. After seeing NLG's amazing cinematics and so much animation everywhere i think that spoiled me. Odyssey felt unfinished by comparison. Of course, its not like its badly animated, its just lacking in that department. A lot.

I understand if people disagree with me of course, but i think a more cinematic main mario game could be an interesting thing.

I also felt the game never reached the heights of 3D World's levels or Bowser's fury's amazing music. Which is amusing cause initially 3D World was criticized for being samey and Odyssey was lauded for being the one to ''return creativity to the franchise'' and Bowser's Fury was composed by a newcomer who had never touched the franchise lol.
Super mario 3d world + browser's fury is the best mario game ever.
They turned an amazing game like 3d world into a masterpiece and then they added another amazing small game in bowser's fury, it's literally the total package.
Mario odyssey is also amazing btw, every 3d Mario game is

A new Fire Emblem game. I expect H2 of 2023 to mostly consist of casual games and remasters (see my 2023 thread).

Another FE game. Been 3 years since we had a main series game come out. Last time that ever happened was in the mid 90s.
To me a new Fire Emblem game, the one with the toothpaste-chan, is a lock for this Direct!! But I expect it to be H1, most likely Q1 of 2023.

X to doubt. I expect it in June.
I could see FE being an August game
To me a new Fire Emblem game, the one with the toothpaste-chan, is a lock for this Direct!! But I expect it to be H1, most likely Q1 of 2023.
watchu mean, it's obvious gonna be a Halloween special :>

(but in serious terms, I'm still praying for December to be a potential spot due to Christmas lulz. And I want this sh!t to be a bait and the new FE game will be a remake instead of an original installment :>)

Last edited:
Unless I'm mistaken, Nate was still confident in it being out by the end of the fiscal year. They've released FE games in February before (Fates) so that's around when I'm thinking
I'm predicting a new Mario game around that time, plus a late Everybody 1-2 Switch release. That + BOTW2 makes that time of year (February through April) too crowded.

* Taps the predictions list *

It's getting to be that time of year again. 2022 is mostly over in terms of speculation and new announcements (outside of a few that will inevitably come). The September Direct is (hopefully) incoming, so this is the last time we can give out some uninformed predictions. What do you expect to see in 2023?

My predictions are below.

JANUARY: Absolutely nothing. Pokemon Legends was an outlier, not the norm.

FEBRUARY: New Super Mario Bros Switch. We're long overdue for a new 2D Mario game. This will hit shelves in late February to help tie in to the movie releasing a month later. This month will also see the release of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion Pass Wave 3.

MARCH: Everybody's 1-2 Switch. Yeah that's right, I can't see this making it in 2022. Also the rumored stuff will be reworked to play better. This month will also see the release of Mario Kart Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 4.

APRIL: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2. I'm sticking to my guns and saying this actually comes in Spring. Nothing else will release this month because no one is insane enough to go up against it. No new hardware.

MAY: No NEW titles will release this month. However, Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope DLC 1 and Nintendo Switch Sports DLC will release this month to take advantage of the empty slate.

JUNE: Fire Emblem NEXT. I think Intelligent Systems loves the summer timeframe and will release yet another game during it. In addition, a new Kirby e-shop game will release this month.

JULY: No NEW titles will release this month. However, Splatoon 3: Moon Expansion will release this month. I say moon because the storymode footage we have seen clearly shows a spaceship, indicating that we will go to space at some point in this game. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 5 releases this month as well.

AUGUST: Tomodachi Life. This hit 3DS classic gets a new coat of paint and some new content. This month also sees the release of Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Rewind Expansion, which will also be sold separately on the e-shop.

SEPTEMBER: Animal Crossing Bell Festival. Yeah that's right, ND Cube gets another shot at an Animal Crossing party game. Hopefully it goes a lot better this time. This month also sees the final release of Nintendo Switch Sports DLC and a Splatoon 3 Anniversary Update.

OCTOBER: Donkey Kong Jungle Mayhem. The new 2D game from EPD Tokyo is a Donkey Kong game. It's exceptionally late. This month also sees the release of Metroid Prime 2 Remastered and Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope DLC 2.

NOVEMBER: Pokemon Ultra Scarlet and Ultra Violet. No DLC for Pokemon this time. Brand new versions instead. This month also sees the release of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 Expansion 1 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 6.

DECEMBER: Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp finally emerges after being thought to be dead.

I'm gonna give you a pass this time but a Tomodachi Life port is an absolutely horrible idea. That game makes heavy use of the system's cameras, touch screen, and microphone
They could rework that. It would take some heavy lifting but they could do it.

Not sure tbh. A remaster from Grezzo makes the most sense to me. Miitopia went pretty well.
If they put Grezzo on any more remasters put them on the Oracle games or Minish Cap. I'd say OOT3D/MM3D touch up to HD and put it in a double pack but that's not happening with NSO + EP.

If they put Grezzo on any more remasters put them on the Oracle games or Minish Cap. I'd say OOT3D/MM3D touch up to HD and put it in a double pack but that's not happening with NSO + EP.
They can do both. Miitopia was probably in production before Link's Awakening released. 3DS remasters take less internal resources.

They might be doing those too. But Kid Icarus is 100% happening and Sakurai probably pulled some of his Smash Bros coworkers back for it.
We also need to consider the possibility of Sakurai not being involved at all (although I would find that strange)

Let’s hope tomorrow starts a 1-3 week bloc of Nintendo showcases. We’ve actually gotten quite a bit this summer but in a non traditional way.

Last edited:
I feel baselessly confident that Everybody's 1-2 Switch is coming out this calendar year or not at all

I don't think this is baseless. The game is basically finished. Wouldn't really make sense for them to just sit on it for years but then eventually release it, just because it's bad.

I think that if it comes out next year it'll be in a completely different form, and probably be called something else. It'll be a different game that reuses its assets, for all intents and purposes.

I feel baselessly confident that Everybody's 1-2 Switch is coming out this calendar year or not at all

One possibility is that they think it can be adapted and salvaged. At that point tho you’d wonder if resources would just be better spent elsewhere

I like mario as a character. He has his charm especially in Mario galaxy and odyssey. He's just a lovable guy who thanks us when we play his games. How can you not like him?
in a sea of anime and gritty having a fake Italian plumber as the gaming rep is pretty neat

I think Prime 2+3 remakes will not be made really, I know the rumors but I don’t see a way in which Nintendo releases them if they will be inferior compared to the Prime 1 remake and to be able to match Prime 1 remake they would need to be made by Retro.

One possibility is that they think it can be adapted and salvaged. At that point tho you’d wonder if resources would just be better spent elsewhere
the unfortunate thing is that, to some minor extent, its reputation is poisoned. the world will be biased against it no matter what they do to try and fix it

I think before the report salvaging it was the right call, now I think they should just scrap it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom