• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
right now it's a question of which minor hiccup seems more doable: announcing and airing a direct between two months or doing a direct the week of a major game

I have aligned myself with the latter pretty much exclusively because I trust derachi
So, it seems it will be shown September 1st, 2nd, 5th or 6th. Other options make less sense. September 2nd is a Friday and September 5th is a Monday, so they seem less likely than September 1st and 6th, so in my opinion, September 1st or 6th make the most sense.

It just occurred to me that we might see a Castlevania DS Collection this next Direct. The Advance Collection was announced in the September Direct last year in time for Halloween.
I’m not expecting it (ever) but I do really want it

just wait until we hit September 51st and the howls of despair hit a new peak

Nintendo Direct logo evolution

2011-2016

nintendo-direct-logo-before.png

2017 - present

nintendo-direct-font.png

My personal predictions/hopes:

September Direct

- Zelda is shown briefly with new footage, and we get the official title, although no solid date still (Spring 2023)
- The Legend of Zelda: Timeline Collection combo of Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Four Swords and is a limited release (Nov 2022)
- Fire Emblem is a remake of an older title (March 2023)
- Bayonetta 3 final trailer
- PokΓ©mon Scarlett/Violet in depth segment
- NSO Update: Goldeneye 007 for N64 is finally added. In addition, GB and GB Color coming to base subscription with Gameboy Advance exclusive to the Expansion Pass as expected. No mention of GameCube, yet. There wont be a special controller available from Nintendo for the GB stuff this time.
- Donkey Kong (3D) a brand new take on the series from the Mario team, it looks utterly fantastic and is 2 player (2023 TBA)
- Third Party Segment: Mario and Rabbids: Spark of Hope, Dark Souls II, Batman Arkham Collection (asylum, city, origins), Sonic Frontiers, Dragon Quest Treasures, Persona 5 Royal, Return to Monkey Island, a remake/remaster of Timesplitters 2 and various Indie games shown.
- NEW Super Mario Bros. Switch - A somewhat fresh take on 2D Mario, its not turning a completely new leaf over for the series but its got a lot of new ideas, great level designs, a new yet familiar artstyle, and some old favorite powerups return such as the cape feather with some new ones added in (Jan 2023)
- Metroid Prime HD - They will tell us that Retro is making great strides on Prime 4 but they will share much more in 2023. So for now we will be treated to a completely remastered edition of the original classic from 2002 to celebrate its 20th anniversary. It includes brand new visuals, plenty of content, in-game achievements, motion/gyro controls as well as analogue controls, they even restored the Kraid boss fight to the phazon mines! It looks almost impossibly good for a switch game like some serious technical wizardry is at work here. It's a GOAT masterclass. (October 2022)

There will be no mention of new hardware. I think we might get a Metroid themed switch/lite but not much else. I also think they're saving some additional systems for NSO like TG-16 and GameCube for next years update. The show will open with Zelda and close with Metroid. I feel like the only post winter 2022 games they'll talk about are Zelda and Donkey Kong. They're gonna save the other big guns for the Drake reveal next year, I can feel it. But thats all I got for now folks.

I really hope, once the hand clears up, I will be able to tackle Xenoblade within 2-4 weeks. I won’t feel comfortable tackling a big game like that for a while yet. Still though, glad you’re enjoying it.

It’s still annoying this all started right before Xenoblade came out
Man, I'm sorry about both the hand problem itself and the timing. Hopefully it works itself out as soon as it's possible and safe for you to enjoy a meaty RPG without a second thought. It's a superb gaming experience 15 hours in, and I know it'll just get better.
Direct is Wednesday September 7th
That would be hilarious for me as I have a 1:30pm ET medical procedure that day that's gonna drug me up and knock me on my ass. Hopefully I'm still riding that wave at 5/6pm ET for the best possible reactions to new games lol

Last edited:
This year was the year of the 3
Next years is the year of 4
Pikmin 4
Metroid prime 4
Mother 4
F-zero G4
Fire emblem 4 houses
Super smash bros 4 the nintendo switch

Don't 4get:

Luigi's Mansion 4
Punchout! 4
Xenoblade 4
Super Mario Bros 4
Bayonetta 4
Splatoon 4
Metroid Prime: Federation 4ce

Hey hey hey πŸ˜€ Thought experiment!

GBA comes to NSO. It offers Sonic Advance in 2023.

Sonic Adventure 1&2 get an HD Double Pack remaster next year, 2 player online and connectivity with the NSO app much like it will for Pokemon RBYGSC and Stadium 1 & 2, but for the Chao Garden.

How sad do we cry when this doesn't happen/on a scale of one to 8 billion how big is the angry mob with torches and pitchforks that's gonna hunt me down for putting this idea into the universe and then it doesn't manifest?
This is not the first time I've seen this suggestion, and trust me the Sonic fandom is always ready to cope. LOL

Cod9H9aWIAEqw7p.jpg

since Sonic 1 baybeee

they even restored the Kraid boss fight to the phazon mines! It looks almost impossibly good for a switch game like some serious technical wizardry is at work here. It's a GOAT masterclass. (October 2022)
plz no i dont like kraid. let dread be his last appearance please

LM4 will probably be the next NLG game, I remember in an interview about LM3 before It’s release Tanabe already said something about NLG asking what is next for the franchise and wanting to jump into it again.
nlg and retro are so different. NLG is capable of maintaining talent while retro has exodus at the end of every ''era''. Retro constantly tried to make new ips while nlg is perfectly fine doing luigi's mansion until the sun explodes. NLG is usually more involved with more family friendly stuff while retro has done more... teenage-adult stuff

I very much doubt the Metroid Prime Remaster would restore cut content. Was there even any evidence that the Kraid fight made it passed the concept art phase?

I belive that Retro was alot more involved in the prime remake than we think and it won't just be visual touch ups. They might have restored content or added things in they originally wanted to, skies the limit. We will find out in the not too distant future.

LM4 will probably be the next NLG game, I remember in an interview about LM3 before It’s release Tanabe already said something about NLG asking what is next for the franchise and wanting to jump into it again.
You think? I know Strikers is a smaller project (and they have enough people for another project) but less say they support it till end of 2023. And everyone goes full on LM4 that might give it a window of fall 2024? 5 years after LM3, seems fair. Those Drake animations are gonna be the envy of Pixar :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nate says a FE remake is coming but it's being developed but it's coming out after the brand new FE title.
Yup that was my understanding.

Interesting to see how IS tackles Geneology, cause that game is almost 50 hours long. And if Gaiden went from 20-ish to 30+ on the 3ds remake. That could be meaty remake and possibly 2 huge FE games in 12-18 months. Man what a time to be a FE fan. We just need the Tellius games ported:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

here's the spiciest take you'll get from me this month: Luigi's Mansion 3 demonstrated that NLG is far too talented to get stuck making Luigi's Mansion 4
Agreed. Honestly it was a little bit disappointing that NLG's next project after LM3 was... a better-looking, but still just-as-lacking switch sports/party game.

You think? I know Strikers is a smaller project (and they have enough people for another project) but less say they support it till end of 2023. And everyone goes full on LM4 that might give it a window of fall 2024? 5 years after LM3, seems fair. Those Drake animations are gonna be the envy of Pixar :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I expect late 2025 but late 2024 could be possible it depends on how much they have been able to work on it while making Strikers. They are growing a lot but still arent that big, in 4-5 years they could be a 200+ employee studio though that works on multiple games so in the future we might see NLG games being a more common thing.

here's the spiciest take you'll get from me this month: Luigi's Mansion 3 demonstrated that NLG is far too talented to get stuck making Luigi's Mansion 4
Nobody thinks they will be stuck making LM, these games are one per generation games so they will be work on other games between entries and they will probably end up even being a multiple team studio.

Yup that was my understanding.

Interesting to see how IS tackles Geneology, cause that game is almost 50 hours long. And if Gaiden went from 20-ish to 30+ on the 3ds remake. That could be meaty remake and possibly 2 huge FE games in 12-18 months. Man what a time to be a FE fan. We just need the Tellius games ported:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
For me the most interesting part of a fe4 remake is how they'll show it and how much they show.
If the live a live remake is anything to show by they'll probably spoil the gen 2 in the trailers in the same way square showed the medieval era in live a live.
Of course I wonder how the mainstream will react to how batshit insane fe4 is.

Alan Wake needs to be dated beyond Fall 2022, and I'd say there's a good chance it comes out sooner rather than later with this upcoming Direct. TimeSplitters getting an official remake announcement would also be insane if true (and take away the sting of GoldenEye remake being stuck in limbo for eternity/Halo port to Switch dead in the water).

I'm fully on board with expecting Gameboy games even if there is only one game I will go back to religiously, and that is Pokemon Trading Card Game. I will not be swayed in this regard.

Super Mario also has to be returning to 2D roots sometime soon given it's been so long (plus September being the anniversary month), but I also hope they drop the NSMB early-Pixar "too clean" aesthetic entirely and especially the MIDI "Bah! Bah!" soundtrack. The technology is certainly here to get a smooth, 60 fps handdrawn animated Mario (like the SM3DW icon art) that looks like a Saturday morning cartoon with fun visual colours, and a breezy horn-filled jazz soundtrack similar to that of Mario Kart 8 (so long as the music is a little less chaotic and more controlled).

maxresdefault.jpg

I expect late 2025 but late 2024 could be possible it depends on how much they have been able to work on it while making Strikers. They are growing a lot but still arent that big, in 4-5 years they could be a 200+ employee studio though that works on multiple games so in the future we might see NLG games being a more common thing.
True, I can see them reaching 150 emp by next year. Given them more flex for multiple projects.

For me the most interesting part of a fe4 remake is how they'll show it and how much they show.
If the live a live remake is anything to show by they'll probably spoil the gen 2 in the trailers in the same way square showed the medieval era in live a live.
Of course I wonder how the mainstream will react to how batshit insane fe4 is.
Did not think about its showing.

Mmmm they might do as you say and show gen 2 or have that as the premise and have "flashbacks" of the gen 1. But yeah once announce and people start looking up the og story I cant wait for the reactions lol

All the people will now be suddently chaning their votes. 1st in NA and 2nd in EU/JP it is, always made sense.
I'm making a bet out of this:

FAMIBOARDS, I CALL UPON YOU TO HEAR ME.
If the Nintendo Direct indeed airs on the 1st of September.

I WILL LITERALLY
PLAY. A. GAME.

They should be making a new Punch-Out!! instead, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom