• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If preorders in Japan are starting on the 4th, I feel like Wednesday is more likely for a new trailer. Tommorow is possible as well, but today feels too soon.
Pokémon/Nintendo have released in the past ‘pre-order’ trailers a couple of days before they open. I expect today an announcement that tomorrow we will get a new trailer or Pokémon Presents.

If we got a Pokémon Trailer/Presents today, that probably means we got something else (big) Wednesday, since that is usually the day TPC likes to drop news.

Imagine, it is December 31 and there is no sign for a Switch Pro/Drake model, Metroid Prime Remake or a 1-2 Switch sequel. What will you do?
I expect no news about Drake this year if it doesn’t happen this month so I would be happy? Maybe this means Prime 1HD remaster becomes a remaster of the whole trilogy and I couldn’t care less about the horse game outside of the meme factor

Exactly as I expected. Splatoon is next week, then Indie World and Kirby in some order the two weeks after that.
Kirby (or it’s release date) will probably just get Twitter dropped, it will not take the ‘space’ of a week both Indie World and Kirby can happen at the same time.

lmao

insider Lukas in shambles
giphy.gif

If preorders in Japan are starting on the 4th, I feel like Wednesday is more likely for a new trailer. Tommorow is possible as well, but today feels too soon.
As I said Wednesday was the most likely scenario, last year there was a Presents one day before preorders for BDSP and PLA opened in Japan.

I can't believe that Pokemon fans are getting another news before Splatoon fans. The last Pokemon trailer was in June. The last Splatoon 3 trailer was in fucking April imao.

I can't believe that Pokemon fans are getting another news before Splatoon fans. The last Pokemon trailer was in June. The last Splatoon 3 trailer was in fucking April imao.
Tbf we’ve been getting little tidbits of information every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday since then

sorry for rehashing this copypasta

Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the Pokemon presents this afternoon. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is there no Splatoon direct? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe Nintendo is so corrupt. I want a good game to believe in. I want Splatoon 3 to have a direct and fix my broken mind. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought Splatoon 3 was coming out before Pokemon???? This is so fucked.

True but besides new map, few screenshots of multiplayer and weapon classes introduction it was basically just a brand after brand.
We’ve seen them repeatedly do this. I would only worry if the game releases in less then a week. And there’s still no new info.

The Splatoon marketing continues to mystify me. Really feels like they’re coasting on brand recognition in Japan and not much else. Very strange marketing cycle so far.
It has been shown in multiple directs and they are posting news multiple times per week, the big marketing push will only happen around one month before release just like all Nintendo games.

splatoon direct for next week I guess? Or they'll just drop a trailer on twitter with a simulatenous testfire announcement.

It has been shown in multiple directs and they are posting news multiple times per week, the big marketing push will only happen around one month before release just like all Nintendo games.
I don’t think you can call the direct appearances strong though. Two of the trailers were very cryptic without revealing much of anything, while the third was devoted to a single mode. Beyond that, we only have 3 minutes of in-game footage.

As I said, it feels like it’s relying heavily on its brand name more than anything. That works in Japan given how huge it is there, but not so much in the West. If you don’t really know what Splatoon is, I can’t imagine any of the marketing so far will have sold you on the game.

I’m sure the marketing will pick up like every other Nintendo game, but it’s still strange nonetheless.

So with pokemon Wednesday the only thing left we expect for August are kirby's date release and a splatoon 3 direct right?
Unless we're still hoping for a drake reveal.
Oh and I guess metroid prime re if it exists but that's probably a September announcement
EDIT: oh yeah an indie world too should be in August

That reminds me of Animal Crossing
Eh, I thought Animal Crossing had a very strong initial showing. They just blew their stack early and had very little else to show until the dedicated direct.

Splatoon 3, on the other hand, has been shrouded in mystery from the start. Still waiting for the hook beyond it simply being Splatoon with a bow and arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom