• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
IlnVXYv.png

look

maybe this Kirby game doesn’t support 4K

And the hardware showcase will only want to show off games that support 4K

That’s why they had to get it out early.

It makes sense!! It makes sense!!! [gets put into straight jacket] it makes sense!! The pro is still coming this week!!! [gets thrown into the back of unmarked van]

Knew we wouldn’t get a Direct this month, I’m happy if we get regular updates on Twitter for the rest of July and then a Splatoon Direct and Indie World in August.

That said, if Metroid Prime Remake is indeed really coming this year, do they Twitter drop this month or wait until September Direct?

To me the most exciting thing on the horizon now is a new Pokemon trailer and a Splatoon direct. I am set until September.

look

maybe this Kirby game doesn’t support 4K

And the hardware showcase will only want to show off games that support 4K

That’s why they had to get it out early.

It makes sense!! It makes sense!!! [gets put into straight jacket] it makes sense!! The pro is still coming this week!!!
this is why Mario Kart DLC is coming in August. that's right, I'm both doomer and on hopium

I still don't understand why Nintendo simply didn't make a General Direct in June instead of the Partners Showcase.
All the third parties they announced + a new Bayo trailer + Metroid Prime Remastered + Kirby spinoff + a 2023 game would be enough for a Direct. Maybe not the best Direct, but at least it'd be something.

I dunno what it is lately, but they've been picking up speed. I've been around since Nocturnal and when they did their first live shows, but I'm excited to listen to Heroes knowing it's the capstone trilogy to Kids and Monsters. Have you ever heard some of their remixes, especially the ones not on Spotify? They've done Jon Bellion and Drake, as well as a mashup of their song Collateral with Taylor Swift's vocals for Style pitch-shifted and adjusted to fit. Some good stuff that have hiding out there
I don't think I've listened to much of their music prior to Monsters so I'll have to seek that all out. Thanks for the tip!

I still don't understand why Nintendo simply didn't make a General Direct in June instead of the Partners Showcase.
All the third parties they announced + a new Bayo trailer + Metroid Prime Remastered + Kirby spinoff + a 2023 game would be enough for a Direct. Maybe not the best Direct, but at least it'd be something.

I'm on board with the theory it'd be a BotW2 focused direct, but then that was delayed and they couldn't get together a different direct in time

What if we get none like last week 👀
There was none on Wednesday because OLED was announced, and there was none on Friday because the tragic event in Japan. There was still a normal tweet on Monday as it was yesterday. This tweet 3 times a week is the best working patterns in weeks.

splatoon3.gif

I don't think I've listened to much of their music prior to Monsters so I'll have to seek that all out. Thanks for the tip!
Oh man, Jason was the first song of theirs I was turned on to, then Crystalline for a long time, but even now Vampires and America 2 have to be their favourite songs of mine. Enjoy the deep dive into their discography; they remain undisputed kings for a reason!

Now I feel like we'll get

Twitter Drops for Kirby, Mario Kart Booster Course, Mario Strikers DLC, Advance Wars Release Date
Pokemon Direct in the next 2 weeks, Splatoon 3 Direct next month

Bayo3 feels like a toss-up, but I suspect Metroid Prime Remaster gets saved for the Fall Direct.

They wanted to give their marketing team the summer off.

Kirby does not have a date so they can reveal it after the September Direct, where they will announce its a free game for Switch Online members.

I guess I'm just unbothered at this point. I think Kirby looks cute lol, if it costs money I won't buy it but I'd definitely play it for free on NSO.

I'm just mad that Nintendo felt like they had to drop Live A Live only one week before Xenoblade 3! I wanted to truly appreciate that game before being sucked into Xeno. Now I'll do my best to finish one game at a time and save Xenoblade 3 for August-September (might delay me from picking up Splatoon 3 at launch too, though they're completely different games so it might be good to swap between them)

My concern about Dream Buffet is monetisation and interaction. This is a game that ideally has lots of players, so either free to play or included with NSO OR Expansion Pack, that needs to be multiplayer so must have online multiplayer with random strangers.

But this is the company that didn't give Game Builder Garage a game browser.

So there's every chance this game costs 30 dollars, requires NSO for online, and online is friends and invites only.

tbh, I would completely take a 1-2 Switch 2 announcement over Kirby. Only because it would be so much shitfest and memes online, funny day.

This is Miyamoto. After consulting with Takahashi-san, my partner Nintendo Co. Ltd. on the next Direct, Drake presentation or I don't fucking know how much you want, we decided to move to the Twitter drops because you like them the most. My deepest apologies but I promise I will never show you a Pikmin 4.

I know this depends on personal preferences but I think a lot of people agree that even-number years have been worse than odd-numbered ones for switch. People speak highly of 2017, 2019, and even 2021 to an extent. I see a lot less of that for 2018 and 2020.

Honestly 2022 seems solid so far, it's just the announcement schedule has become frustrating. Everything started out normal in Februrary but here we are... waiting... and waiting....

w a i t i n g

I'd be more upset if we didn't have Live a Live and Xenoblade 3 coming within weeks.

Like, we have actual games coming. I'm not so concerned with announcements right now.

Definitely no Direct until September, and if it doesn't happen, we'll get a Zelda presentation in fall. Honestly unsure what I want most.

I have to say that I'm very pleased with the reframing of the thread. Feels like the correct way to do things moving forward.

I can promise you one fucking thing. In September General there will be some god tier hairstyles from either Koizumi/Takahashi or Aonuma.

Ahh. My “Nintendo hates Geoff” theory put in much nicer terms.
Basically, yeah. They are very involved in E3 and put a huge emphasis on being there with demos/treehouse, with a huge floor presence. They seem to have a pretty major vested interest in there being a physical E3 event.

They must not have been happy the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom