• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might not be new hardware or a first party direct but considering I wasn't really expecting either of those I'm fine with a Pokemon trailer.

The other day when discussing this season in private, I said that deep down I'm expecting another punchline on the tier of the July 2020 Partner Showcase or the original OLED reveal. While I feel that the Splatoon OLED only emboldened speculation, a Pokémon trailer would absolutely qualify.

Brazil basically said to expect a Pokémon trailer.
vegeta-look-up.gif

That's okay...
...ish

I'd imagine the Pokémon trailers have some other channels for leaking too compared to Nintendo stuff in general, so getting a Pokémon trailer doesn't necessarily mean getting just a Pokémon trailer (but it may be just that). I still find it weird that the Splatoon tournament is skipping the week, a single Pokémon trailer isn't special enough for that.

I still find it weird that the Splatoon tournament is skipping the week, a single Pokémon trailer isn't special enough for that.
I fully believe that this is meaningless, merely acting in an effort to spread the tournament evenly across the month

Pokemon really boutta drop the trailer for a low-budget, iterative sequel

September Direct here we come

Pokemon sv trailer

in 4k

along with the rest of the games that will support 4K on switch ultra

wow! Eventful wednesday

if you think about it, Miyamoto has a terrible track record

Pikmin 4 nearing completion, Star Fox Zero in 2015, Project Giant Robot, etc
oh god, you are right. He is really not that good. BUT, remember this? At Jimmy Fallon show in December 2016, Reggie was showcasing Super Mario Run and they were also playing BOTW on Switch. But most importantly Miyamoto was wearing this t-shirt. It was later confirmed to be samurai costume for Mario in Odyssey. Miyamoto is very good insider, kinda like Nate even with these hints.

Screen_Shot_2016_12_09_at_11.51.54_AM.0.png

Samurai_helmet_samurai_armor.jpg

it was actually just a promotion to SMR, but this costume was also in the game

Last edited:
oh god, you are right. He is really not that good. BUT, remember this? At Jimmy Fallon show in December 2016, Reggie was showcasing Super Mario Run and they were also playing BOTW on Switch. But most importantly Miyamoto was wearing this t-shirt. It was later confirmed to be samurai costume for Mario in Odyssey. Miyamoto is very good insider, kinda like Nate even with these hints.

Screen_Shot_2016_12_09_at_11.51.54_AM.0.png

Samurai_helmet_samurai_armor.jpg
thanks now I want to replay SMO

ngl getting "just" another Pokemon trailer after weeks of speculation and hints and hype would be incredibly disappointing lol. If there is one this week, I hope it's part of a Direct or whatever.

Pokémon trailers come out at their own cadence and they don't make other events or trailers disappear. Most new gens eventually hit a point where they just post a trailer of some kind every month.

Pokemon's my most hyped game for the year after XC3 (and not counting Silksong since we don't have a release date), so a new trailer is basically the most hype thing that I could've expected for this week that isn't the new FE being announced

I just really hope E3 is back next year and Nintendo has a traditional direct there. The mini was ok but really didn't move the needle. Waiting every week for it to be the week is a bit tiring.

I guess I'll just play some games and live my life to pass the time.

Pokemon's my most hyped game for the year after XC3 (and not counting Silksong since we don't have a release date), so a new trailer is basically the most hype thing that I could've expected for this week that isn't the new FE being announced
same

Mario Kart wave 2 announced Tuesday for a Thursday evening release, with a Pokemon trailer Wednesday morning would be pretty satisfactory for me at least

I need the following things to be excited with just a Pokemon SV trailer:
  • Gameplay showing a vast, big and beautiful open world.
  • Real freedom, so each player lives a different adventure.
  • Good physics. Not asking for something like BotW or HL2, but please, it's important for the immersion.
  • Lots of interesting secondary quests.
  • Real orchestra or instruments. It's time to stop using just MIDI.
  • New cool spanish references (because I'm from Spain lol).
  • Having voice actors would be a HUGE thing.

when the pokemon trailer

This is what I was hearing in my head when I posted the gif lol

Sooo i haven´t been online much! so the whole first party direct on july is dead now? seems this week is uneventful or just a pokemon trailer :c
There being a Pokémon trailer this week doesn't really affect the chances of a Direct one way or the other. All the weird coincidences around this week still apply, and, if anything, there's even more smoke for Mario Kart tracks with that tournament that was just announced.

Hot take from me: a new SV trailer is more exciting than a Splatoon 3 test fire or MK8 pack 2 announcements

I mean it absolutely is for me since I don't care about either of those games. But I know that lots of people are the opposite, so I'm really hoping we get more than that. Ideally even if there's nothing huge like new hardware or something we at least get some kind of mini 1st party thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom