• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at a calendar and @LukasManak22 is right. The gap is just to spread it evenly across July.

Maybe this past week was so dense simply because it's their preferred news week.

The biggest deviation from this notion is getting the NSO announcement early, but that could simply be because it's the first update that wasn't previously announced.

I no longer believe that an event this week is likely.

I’m just trying to act like nothing is possibly coming anytime soon. If I start buying other games we’re bound to get some news. Currently enjoying Chicory and the DK DLC from Mario + Rabbids.

I looked at a calendar and @LukasManak22 is right. The gap is just to spread it evenly across July.

Maybe this past week was so dense simply because it's their preferred news week.

The biggest deviation from this notion is getting the NSO announcement early, but that could simply be because it's the first update that wasn't previously announced.

I no longer believe that an event this week is likely.
Even Raccoon don't believe in a event next week? I literally screamed fuck you.

I dont know why people are freaking out on the non-news on Wave 2 of MK8. I feel that they still have time to announce this like somewhere next week for the end of the month and that would be the "mathematically" right time. Even then it will come at some point.

If Wave 2 comes "later" than planned. Than you will have a new wave closer at some point to another as well.

I don't know why people are so excited for seven low effort Mario Kart tracks that don't even have anti-gravity
My friends and I all love Mario Kart 8, and the first wave alone rejuvenated so much of our passion for that game, we actually play those 8 tracks a ton, and in all honesty, many of those are Tour’s weaker picks.

Another 8 tracks in rotation is a big thing for us, we’re even planning a tournament amongst us once they release, so yes, I am excited for EIGHT Mario Kart tracks that don’t even have anti-gravity.

So did everyone just gave up on the idea that there's a presentation of a sort? Because the vibes I'm getting from this thread now is that people are just expecting Twitter drops of a couple of things.
to be fully honest I’d put my expectations of a Direct of some kind this upcoming week at like 90%

Here is my take on new MK tracks. Yes they are kinda lazy, but it' more Mario Kart 8 so. Btw. I have not bought the course pass, I cannot play them locally but I still can play them online. So it's basically free, in that way I have nothing to complain about.

I like how no one said that they want empty week only because Everybody's 1-2 Switch reveal. You really are cowards, all of you.
It will be the first game to get a 100 Metacritic score and will be hailed as the absolute bestest GOAT game. Humanity will be at peace. Climate change will suddenly stop and regulate itself and we will actually start to play video games. Can't wait!

The odds in my head

Direct/presentation of some kind: 90%

New hardware announcement: 50%

Twitter drop(s): 15%

Splatoon dedicated thing: 20%

Pulled these numbers directly out of my butt. Don’t view them as any kind of hard data-crunched numbers or anything.

this is gonna seem silly

but never mind everyone, I now believe in a direct again

i-love-this-guy-this-guy-is-great.gif

I don't know if this has been said before but I'm starting to see why the 2014 Mario Kart game was labeled with an "8" that actually looks more like an upright infinity symbol "∞"

The odds in my head

Pulled these numbers directly out of my butt. Don’t view them as any kind of hard data-crunched numbers or anything.
There will be Splatoon thing(s) on Wednesday and Friday and they will be on 11:00 CEST so 20% it really is directly (man I miss Iwata's gesture so much) our of your butt.

The Legend of Zelda: Untitled Groose Game

The Legend of Zelda: Ukulele Calamity Orchestra

The Legend of Zelda: Desolation of Tingle

I’m like 5% direct next week, 35% multiple announcements on Twitter, 50% just Mario Kart + other small things, 10% nothing. Just not feeling it next week, as much as I’d love to be wrong.

Yes, that is zero chance of this, it's early August. There is a better chance of Zelda BOTW2 getting cancelled then Splatoon 3 Direct next week.
hey man

I had class this morning and then did yard work all afternoon and then went grocery shopping

You think I’m in any state to think about things???

everyone here is talking about the next wave of mario kart dlc but I'm still waiting for the first dlc update of mario strikers, that game is due for something now right?

let's not talk about what we expect to happen this weekend, because with no new information we're just spinning our wheels

instead I think we should rank possible outcomes by how much we'd actually like them

I'll go first:

1. Drake + Direct
2. Drake
3. Direct
4. Splatoon 3 testfire next weekend
5. Everybody's 1-2 Switch reveal
6. Splatoon 3 Direct
7. Mario Kart DLC news
8. idk, Bayonetta 3?

hey man

I had class this morning and then did yard work all afternoon and then went grocery shopping

You think I’m in any state to think about things???
Oh, I was not trying to be rude by any means. I just try to clear things up for other people (but anything is podible at this point).

but seriously I am getting tired when some people here are expecting something on Monday, like cmon

I’m just trying to act like nothing is possibly coming anytime soon. If I start buying other games we’re bound to get some news. Currently enjoying Chicory and the DK DLC from Mario + Rabbids.
I'm excited at the prospect of a direct, but kinda in the same way as you get itchy to rip a band-aid off / remove a cast? I'm in the middle of trying to 100% Forgotten Land to clear my plate before Live A Live in less than two weeks. It's a good time regardless of whatever happens in the coming week.

The odds in my head

This is kinda what I'm feeling right now. Something is coming, hopefully soon. Hardware i'm less certain about but I've not been paying that close attention to things.

EDIT: Like I think we can agree that June this year was really really freaking weird right?

Last edited:
let's not talk about what we expect to happen this weekend, because with no new information we're just spinning our wheels

instead I think we should rank possible outcomes by how much we'd actually like them

I'll go first:

1. Drake + Direct
2. Drake
3. Direct
6. Splatoon 3 Direct
7. Mario Kart DLC news
8. idk, Bayonetta 3?

1. Nintendo going 3rd party
2. 1-2 Switch stinky
2. Splatoon 3 anything
3. Drake
4. Mini First Party Direct
5. BOTW2 trailer drop

if Everybody's 1-2 Switch actually comes out, actually has 100 player lobbies, and lets you match up with friends, then we need to have an enormous Famiboards stinky horse match

I'll go first:

1. Drake + Direct
2. Drake
3. Direct
6. Splatoon 3 Direct
7. Mario Kart DLC news
8. idk, Bayonetta 3?
1. Drake + Direct
2. Drake
3. Direct
4. Metroid Prime HD reveal
5. Splatoon 3 Singleplayer Reveal
6. Rap Battle Direct: Koizumi vs Takahashi
7. Splatoon 3 Direct
8. Bayonetta 3
9. Mario Kart 8 DLC
10. Aonuma showing off a new Haircut

1. Drake + Direct
2. Drake
3. Direct
4. Metroid Prime HD reveal
5. Splatoon 3 Singleplayer Reveal
6. Rap Battle Direct: Koizumi vs Takahashi
7. Splatoon 3 Direct
8. Bayonetta 3
9. Mario Kart 8 DLC
10. Aonuma showing off a new Haircut
you are more hyped for Drake instead of rap battle or new haircut? This thread is such a mess, really.

I'll go first:

1. Drake + Direct
2. Drake
3. Direct
6. Splatoon 3 Direct
7. Mario Kart DLC news
8. idk, Bayonetta 3?
I like this format.

1. Drake + Direct
  2. Direct
  3. Metroid Prime HD Reveal
  4. Bayonetta 3 Release Date
  5. Mario Kart 8 BCP Wave 2
  6. Advance Wars Release Date
  7. Everybody’s Stinky Horse Reveal
  8. Drake
  9. The Legend of Zelda HD Collection reveal
  10. Splatoon 3 Trailer
Not counting unrealistic events (BotW2 news, Splatoon 3 direct, etc) or minor events (Mario Strikers update, Switch Sports update, etc).

The Legend of Zelda: Daggerfall’s Arena
Story DLC 1 : Skies of the Rim
Story DLC 2 : Obivion Wind of Morro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom