• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could launch with Pilotwings 64 4K remaster as the only 1st party launch title and still would sell out, dont think it matters that much what releases with the console as it does which games get upgrades and how they get it plus the support of the console during it’s first year
sure, it could launch with absolutely nothing in january and still sell out. I guess I'm thinking of what would be best rather than what's necessary

While I do believe that the best course of action is to launch with Zelda, but the most important thing is that Nintendo doesn't mess up the message and the difference of the consoles is clear to consumer.

I don’t think it’s a huge issue mainly because open world Pokemon is going to carry this holiday hard. If the price of the Drake is as high as people are guessing ($450-$500), I think the $300 Switch will still have appeal. Also there will be less grumpy customers than say if the reveal is in January or something. Regretting an ill informed holiday gift seems like a bad call. I’m operating off the late 2022, early 2023 info with floating dev kits to be clear. I think they have the momentum to ride for a while if they wanted to release it later in 2023, but it seems to be coming sooner than later. If it is this year, next week or early August seem ideal for the reveal.
There's another alternative that no one is considering, though. The New 3DS had a release before Christmas in Japan and New Zealand, and early the following year in Europe and the US.

If they're dealing with limited units and still want to release drake this year, they could absolutely stagger the regional rollout. Unveil it for japanese audiences only, release for Christmas, then prepare a blowout early next year for the western world.

there's just nothing there though. it's another botw in the same world. I'm pretty bearish on it
I mean thats your opinion. The fact of the matter is that we still don't really know anything about the game beyond the basic premise of it being in the same Hyrule, the Sky and the introduction of the time and phasing mechanics.

I think the second teaser trailer really clouded peoples judgement on the game.

A big budget open world game is the perfect tool to advertise a new, more powerful model because it could highlight the difference between the Drake and the old models pretty well with draw distance + higher resolution for example.

They have nothing to lose if they launch it with a sequel to their most acclaimed game since arguably OoT.

I mean thats your opinion. The fact of the matter is that we still don't really know anything about the game beyond the basic premise of it being in the same Hyrule, the Sky and the time and phasing mechanics.

I think the first 1-2 teaser trailers really clouded peoples judgement on the game.

A big budget open world game is the perfect tool to advertise a new, more powerful model because it could highlight the difference between the Drake and the old models pretty well with draw distance + higher resolution for example.

They have nothing to lose to launch it with a sequel to their most acclaimed game since arguably OoT.
Very true. We know very, very little about this game and the fact that at the time of release it's going to have been in development longer than the original, makes it all the more curious to me, even counting COVID which probably slowed it down a couple months. I don't think the Sky and whatever other dimension they might have (Underground, beyond Hyrule, underwater in the Sea even maybe?) are the main shtick that's taking them so long to make this game. There's something else, and when they show off that something later this year in September, or maybe even next year that's when everyone doubting will make a complete 180 on this game.

Nintendo seems really confident that BOTW 2 is their next big at least 15 Million seller thing with how they talk about the game in directs. If there currently is a game you want to sell new more powerful hardware with, then it is Zelda.

Feels like they are all in for Splatoon 3. Perhaps we see a direct leading up to its release date and Twitter dropped trailers for other games in the meantime.

Im starting to feel a little frustrated with the lack of new nintendo news, but as ive said, they are on their on time table, and they certainly wont say or show anything until they feel like its the right time.

Had a damn chronic migraine yesterday and couldn’t tolerate any form of light. Couldn’t even look at my f phone to make a post about it for a good while.

yeah Splatoon 3 is the next big EPD game they gonna hype it to death. I'm pretty sure we haven't seen anything from the game yet, I think they'll wait for XENOBLADE 3 to be released before going all out on the marketing side. They have a full empty month of August to talk about it.

I absolutely adore Metroid Dread. The more I play it the more often I think to myself that it could actually edge out Odyssey as my #2 favorite game on the Switch.

Gonna be interesting if Metroid Prime HD can finally make me a 3D Metroid fan.

I am more of a 2D Metroid stan. Really excited for it. Can't wait to replay Prime!

I love fake Zelda game titles.

hqdefault.jpg

yeah Splatoon 3 is the next big EPD game they gonna hype it to death. I'm pretty sure we haven't seen anything from the game yet, I think they'll wait for XENOBLADE 3 to be released before going all out on the marketing side. They have a full empty month of August to talk about it.
It certainly is the Splatoon with the longest development as fas as I am awara but then again are we sure when the first game started I guess in 2011-2012?

New Horizons being finished also certainly helped to give the team more resources.

I bet the singleplayer and salmon run will be phenomenal. The multiplayer of course too but I guess I won't play that for too long.

Really excited to find out if they add another mode.

oh? that kind of surprises me

I guess I'm reading the room wrong but it seemed pretty basic and a little boring to me
I agree with you that it seems a pretty basic sequel atm. More botw will never be boring to me though, but I can see where you're coming from. I'm hopeful that when actually see more from it, it'll become clear that it's a lot more than a basic sequel anyway.

I would love to get a modern Wind Waker 2 with their vision and ambitions they had back then completely fulfilled.

It also says this advertisement will be taken down before 7.17, Wave 2 reveal before then?
It varied with Smash, usually they would be revealed/releases during the ad’s runtime, but sometimes they’d wait until the very end of the runtime or even a few days beyond that.

The important thing is that this indicates wave 2 is coming this month, likely sooner rather than later.

For someone who makes a habit out of eating trash, having this stance makes a lot of sense.
it's just botw2, I think trying to elevate it to the next huge thing could seriously backfire

they'd be trying to catch lightning in a bottle twice

I would love to get a modern Wind Waker 2 with their vision and ambitions they had back then completely fulfilled.
Yeah the 3rd pearl always felt strange to me, I only learned a year ago a lot was cut in that section. I think they were also going to have more gadgets compatible with your ship, but had to make cuts there too.

I imagine all future main Zelda games will be voice acted. Adding voices for main characters would be a nice addition to a WW remaster or any future Zelda remake/port (I imagine you could toggle voices on/off).

BOTW 2 is a low budget safe sequel that re-uses BOTW assets

Right?

Sometimes I can't tell sarcasm from reality on here but my legit stance is that Switch Pro could launch alongside the OG BOTW rereleased in 4K, and would probably sell out for the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom