• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading 4chan for 20 hours a day just to read all the leaks.
OGC.136a4ee789fd6d397abcb2d337adc325

Sounds speculative and covering the off-chance possibility of a Partner. Not based on anything nor indicative of what will happen.
I assume since you mentioned you wouldn't consider it a mini, and think others are more likely speculating about it being a partner direct, means you are aware of first party announcements that are to come that wouldn't fit what is typically a mini Direct?

Don’t worry everybody, I’m here. I come with reassurance. It’s a big, fat, juicy, slimy, Direct that you little piggies can sink you teeth into.

The closer we get to the Direct without Dragon Quest Treasures showing up the more I'm wondering if that's where it'll be.
Considering there is the chance Nintendo is the reason why we even get finally a DQ release day 1 WW, probably. I thought there would be a DQ JP event for news but with them posting DQX offline release date with a tweet the chances of that event are quite low but maybe there is some SE event to give updates on SO6,DQ Treasures and other unannounced SE projects.

Um… I think I have come to a realization.

For years, I have considered Super Mario 3D Land as my favourite 3DS game.

But I have realized that there is one game that I prefer even more.

That game…

is Tomodachi Life.

Because it’s not just a game.

It’s a world. In your hands. Where you and your friends can interact with celebrities, fictional characters, historical figures… whatever is it you desire.

It’s not a Tomodachi Game.

It’s a Tomodachi Life.

That game…

is Tomodachi Life.

It’s a world. In your hands. Where you and your friends can interact with celebrities, fictional characters, historical figures… whatever is it you desire.

It’s a Tomodachi Life.
Speaking of 3DS games, I really need to buy some up before the 3DS eshop closes.

That game…

is Tomodachi Life.

It’s a Tomodachi Life.
Another 3DS game I need to play

Speaking of 3DS games, I really need to buy some up before the 3DS eshop closes.
Another 3DS game I need to play
All jokes aside, Tomodachi is one of the most charming, quirky, fun experiences I’ve ever played. If you don’t own this game, I implore you to either buy it off Amazon or a similar website before its value increases significantly, or download it off the eShop. I’m not joking in the slightest when I give it my complete recommendation.

If the Switch doesn’t get a port, Deluxe version, or sequel (🤞), we riot.

My favourite games of all time (only counting the best game of each series):

5) Tomodachi Life (3DS)
4) Super Mario Galaxy 2
3) Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania
2) Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
1) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
A top 5? man thats fun!

Mine:

5) Super Metroid
4) Tropical Freeze
3) Mario Odyssey
2) A Link to the Past
1) Breath of the Wild

5) Tomodachi Life (3DS)
4) Super Mario Galaxy 2
Just realized how many genres this list covers. Simulation, platformer, marble-roller, RPG, open world…

I’ve been around the block!

Sounds speculative and covering the off-chance possibility of a Partner. Not based on anything nor indicative of what will happen.
Yeah now that you mention it sounds like Grubb doesn't really know what's happening and is going off what Nintendo previously did. I have to mention that deep down I don't really believe Nintendo ever going back to 2020's marketing strategies like announcing quite big games in tweets or doing Partner Showcases, feel like that stuff are things of the past.

In any case, it's not like any bickering or moaning of me or anyone is going to change what Nintendo is doing when it comes to marketing, surely not less than a week out. Better to accept every possibility as possible, wait to see what happens and whatever happens, will happen. All we can do then is move on and wait until next time!

By the way Nate, has this recent possibility of Partner talk in any way "thrown a wrench" in your prediction plans or have you calculated that possibility in before recording?

I've never even played Zelda 2, so tbh I couldn't tell you
makes sense.....

I am asking for it because in theory I should really love it but its really clunky nowadays....
Remaking the whole game could do wonders for its reputation.

All jokes aside, Tomodachi is one of the most charming, quirky, fun experiences I’ve ever played. If you don’t own this game, I implore you to either buy it off Amazon or a similar website before its value increases significantly, or download it off the eShop. I’m not joking in the slightest when I give it my complete recommendation.

If the Switch doesn’t get a port, Deluxe version, or sequel (🤞), we riot.
The gameplay for that game in the Nintendo direct was one of the absolute best moments in any direct. Just so bizarre and magical.

Yeah now that you mention it sounds like Grubb doesn't really know what's happening and is going off what Nintendo previously did. I have to mention that deep down I don't really believe Nintendo ever going back to 2020's marketing strategies like announcing quite big games in tweets or doing Partner Showcases, feel like that stuff are things of the past.

In any case, it's not like any bickering or moaning of me or anyone is going to change what Nintendo is doing when it comes to marketing, surely not less than a week out. Better to accept every possibility as possible, wait to see what happens and whatever happens, will happen. All we can do then is move on and wait until next time!

By the way Nate, has this recent possibility of Partner talk in any way "thrown a wrench" in your prediction plans or have you calculated that possibility in before recording?
It has not. I'm not operating under the belief it is a Partner.

5) Tomodachi Life (3DS)
4) Super Mario Galaxy 2
It changes a lot for me but right now I'd say...

5. Pokemon Silver/Soul Silver
4. The Last of Us
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Star Fox 64
1. TMNT IV Turtles in Time

TBH one thing id really love to see is Nintendo to allow another developer to use one of their IPs in a title like they did with Cadence of Hyrule.

Man its funny people predicting what Nintendo is doing when countless time they aint predicatable. Reminds of that Final Bosman clip about Nintendo being itself lol.

5) Tomodachi Life (3DS)
4) Super Mario Galaxy 2
Okay this will be really difficult.
5) Higurashi as a whole (just finished this vn. I'm still crying lmao)
4) The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
3) Fire Emblem Three Houses (Echoes is at the same level tho)
2) Bravely Default 2
1) Persona 4 Golden

TBH, I don't care about a direct, just give me a twitter drop for something I'm interested in and I'm fine. All I need is one game announcement that I like and I'm happy. Going into a Direct all I'm hopping for is a single game that I want and I'll be happy, so if that came in a Twitter drop that would be all I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom