• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giveaway: Favorite Direct memory!
  • Alright so yesterday when vibes were low I had an idea to lift things up in in here...

Quote reply to this message with your favorite memory of a Direct Announcement. Be specific: where were you when you were watching, how many tears did you shed, what were your Direct snacks?

I’ll randomly pick one of the (valid) replies tomorrow (Saturday) morning and gift them an eshop game of their choosing, $20 max! (or I suppose credit if a code isn't possible) Include the game you’d be hoping to grab with it in your reply to give the devs some love :)

Last edited:
    Staff communication regarding rumors and insiders
  • It seems like this thread could do with a gentle reminder of best practices when posting about rumors and insiders to make the conversation welcoming and fun for everyone involved.

First and foremost, let's cut out the snarky and mean-spirited posts, please. There's a world of difference between "person X has been wrong in the past, so I don't necessarily have faith that what they've said will come to pass" and "oh, we're listening to person X? Cool, where's my Switch Pro / Metroid Prime Trilogy / etc?" Similarly, going through someone's history with a fine-toothed comb and talking about all of the times they've been wrong is overly targeted and does not lead to good discussion. You're allowed - encouraged, even - to have healthy skepticism regarding rumors and leaks. Just don't be a jerk about it.

On the other end, please be mindful not to let discussion of insiders completely dominate the conversation. To those less interested in that side of speculation, it can be annoying, boring, and even a little alienating. Stop begging for reassurance. Don't keep tagging individuals asking for new information. And don't act like those who are doubtful of rumors and insiders are stupid or ignorant. Everyone is entitled to form their own opinion on this subject.

-blondkayvon, Donnie, hologram, paranoodle

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
    Top Bottom