• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like getting people to subscribe to Gamepass in anticipation for P5R this year in the few weeks before other platforms are revealed?

I suppose that makes sense. Still feels bad though. Oh well, it’s just video games I guess.
Yeah. It's not an uncommon practice in the industry.

Nintendo will probably tweet about Coccoon and Silksong tomorrow. It's weird that they haven't said anything yet, but considering it's a Sunday...

If Persona games are coming to Switch, when the hell are they going to announce it? Next year? This month in a Direct? October during the Persona Anniversary concert?

Also lol

If Persona games are coming to Switch, when the hell are they going to announce it? Next year? This month in a Direct? October during the Persona Anniversary concert?
None of the above. In a few weeks they'll announce the Switch and PS4/PS5 ports on Twitter or something like that.

Alright. For those who watched Microsoft’s presentation. What would Nintendo have to show for their direct to be better for you?
Literally announce a Direct. The Microsoft presentation was terrible. Shooter after shooter and unappealing games. The only interesting game was that Chinese Nioh game, which I'll pick up once exclusivity ends. Maybe Diablo 4 as well. I'm not interested in Starfield or anything else. Direct will have Xenoblade so that's already 100x better than whatever showed up today.

Staff communication regarding rumors and insiders
It seems like this thread could do with a gentle reminder of best practices when posting about rumors and insiders to make the conversation welcoming and fun for everyone involved.

First and foremost, let's cut out the snarky and mean-spirited posts, please. There's a world of difference between "person X has been wrong in the past, so I don't necessarily have faith that what they've said will come to pass" and "oh, we're listening to person X? Cool, where's my Switch Pro / Metroid Prime Trilogy / etc?" Similarly, going through someone's history with a fine-toothed comb and talking about all of the times they've been wrong is overly targeted and does not lead to good discussion. You're allowed - encouraged, even - to have healthy skepticism regarding rumors and leaks. Just don't be a jerk about it.

On the other end, please be mindful not to let discussion of insiders completely dominate the conversation. To those less interested in that side of speculation, it can be annoying, boring, and even a little alienating. Stop begging for reassurance. Don't keep tagging individuals asking for new information. And don't act like those who are doubtful of rumors and insiders are stupid or ignorant. Everyone is entitled to form their own opinion on this subject.

-blondkayvon, Donnie, hologram, paranoodle

I don't see why 3 and 4 could happen and 5 couldn't. It's just a expanded PS3 game at it's core, it wouldn't be a technical hurdle or anything.

None of the above. In a few weeks they'll announce the Switch and PS4/PS5 ports on Twitter or something like that.
Yeah it'll get revealed one way or another and pretty soon. The official site is live, and weirdly it confirms no Steam releases for either game. And this is even more baffling than lack of Switch/PS5 versions as all of MS games end up on steam. Why in the hell is there a Windows store exclusivity for 3 and 5? We will find out soon enough.

Literally announce a Direct. The Microsoft presentation was terrible. Shooter after shooter and unappealing games. The only interesting game was that Chinese Nioh game, which I'll pick up once exclusivity ends. Maybe Diablo 4 as well. I'm not interested in Starfield or anything else. Direct will have Xenoblade so that's already 100x better than whatever showed up today.

Honestly, Xbox presentation was very solid. It was heavy on shooters but had a lot of other things as well. I think the pacing was great and it had some good surprises.

P3P and P4G coming to Switch while 5 Royal skips it would be peak Atlus, but no sense in stressing about it. You'll just go mad.

And if that ends up being what happens, oh well. The Switch isn't starving for JRPGs in the slightest.

P3P and P4G coming to Switch while 5 Royal skips it would be peak Atlus, but no sense in stressing about it. You'll just go mad.

And if that ends up being what happens, oh well. The Switch isn't starving for JRPGs in the slightest.
There's really no reason to even entertain it beyond being a distant possibility. Persona is coming to Switch. Take comfort in that. Just wait for the announcement and if one of the three is missing... then react.

Honestly, Xbox presentation was very solid. It was heavy on shooters but had a lot of other things as well. I think the pacing was great and it had some good surprises.
Yeah it definitely had more variety. Again, it really felt more PC-oriented: Starfield, LoL, Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, Flight Sim... but also some really cool-looking Indie stuff like Benedict, Cocoon, and such. Plus Wo Long from KT, and the Persona games. Xbox is doing a lot to expand its appeal.

Reminder that XSX is getting the games natively, so PS5 will be without P5R too. If PS5 too is getting it, then it would be a sight to behold.

The whole situation is weird, and it feels incomplete. No steam versions is the cherry on top. It's best to wait and find out.

Yeah it definitely had more variety. Again, it really felt more PC-oriented: Starfield, LoL, Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, Flight Sim... but also some really cool-looking Indie stuff like Benedict, Cocoon, and such. Plus Wo Long from KT, and the Persona games. Xbox is doing a lot to expand its appeal.

I mean not only did Starfield surprise me, but having Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, League of Legends champions, Cocoon, the medieval story game, Wo Long, KT, Shadowstealth game, Persona.

This is a lot of stuff and that is really great. Would love to see some of that also on Nintendo Switch but some games are just a great thing to have on GamePass to play and try out.

I wouldn't put blame on Atlus. Sometimes it is just a matter of marketing & deals they may have made that impact the timing of other platform reveals.
As Nintendo fans we should be used to this considering it happens with every Switch version announcement ever holding for a Nintendo Direct lol

Nintendo Direct is trending on Twitter. @NateDrake what did you do
I think it's been trending like every other day lately, lol. Especially if this week happens and there's not a peep about a Direct yet, the fervor is going to be massive.

There's a Direct in the next 18 days, though, and that's not a very wide window. It'll come soon.

There are very few big third party Switch games that get announced outside of Nintendo Directs. Stuff like Alan Wake is an anomaly.

I’m confident in Persona 3 and Persona 4 hitting Switch. Persona 5 Royal I’m skeptical of even though the base game was a PS3 game.

There are very few big third party Switch games that get announced outside of Nintendo Directs. Stuff like Alan Wake is an anomaly.

I’m confident in Persona 3 and Persona 4 hitting Switch. Persona 5 Royal I’m skeptical of even though the base game was a PS3 game.
There are a FEW things in Royal that seem to take more advantage of the PS4 power level, mostly in the new content stuff near the end, but it's not much. And I can't imagine it'd be enough to make it too difficult to do a Switch version. P3P and Golden are great, but it'd be really strange not to have Royal come too IMO.

I get not being to your taste, but Terrible?

Silksong, Arguably High on Life (shooter, but...not a typical), riot games, a plaque Tale, Forza, Flight Sim Update, Ara (Strategy), ark 2, scorn, minecraft legends, lightyear frontier, benedict fox, naraka, ravenlook, cocoon, wo long, persona...

shooters are mire present then with nintendo, shure. (microsoft is still a western based company with a mostly western audience), and you wont get as many anime and cartoony artstyles you get with nintendo usually.

But saying its only shooter after shooter is such a missrepresentation that its just a cheap shot.
I was bored for most of it, but even i see that they had a diverse showing, and moved way past shooter after shooter.

Thats like going to a great french restaurant and being unhappy because you wanted japanese and saying that the french restaurant is terrible.

There are a FEW things in Royal that seem to take more advantage of the PS4 power level, mostly in the new content stuff near the end, but it's not much. And I can't imagine it'd be enough to make it too difficult to do a Switch version. P3P and Golden are great, but it'd be really strange not to have Royal come too IMO.
I really hope P5R comes over. I’ve held off on getting it on PS4 since I played the base version and just do not want to do it again not on a handheld. My fear is only that because it is more work scaling down in spots it won’t happen less than it can’t happen.

Excited we are so close to knowing either way. I know it is early in Japan still, but I find it interesting the Persona 25th anniversary website still hasn’t updated yet. Further makes me think we still don’t have the full story this month.

Ms was very confortabile to put a generic year of release for a lot of games: Starfield, Redfall, Cocoon, etc. But not for Silksong. I wonder why. Maybe Is bound for a release date in the next Direct?

Ms was very confortabile to put a generic year of release for a lot of games: Starfield, Redfall, Cocoon, etc. But not for Silksong. I wonder why. Maybe Is bound for a release date in the next Direct?
100%. Either that or later this year.

I really hope P5R comes over. I’ve held off on getting it on PS4 since I played the base version and just do not want to do it again not on a handheld. My fear is only that because it is more work scaling down in spots it won’t happen less than it can’t happen.

Excited we are so close to knowing either way. I know it is early in Japan still, but I find it interesting the Persona 25th anniversary website still hasn’t updated yet. Further makes me think we still don’t have the full story this month.
My question there would be: Are these Persona ports considered one of the anniversary announcements? There was no mention of the anniversary in the trailer. Which doesn't mean anything, but I do have to wonder if the "June anniversary announcement" is either something else, or if they're waiting for the Direct to make that clear

They are not producing/publishing silksong. if the developer is not confortable with providing it (or wants to anounce it somewhere else), then microsoft cant just put a year onto it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom