• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't believe the MonkEPD rumors in general. I kinda think Nintendo probably still views Retro and Tanabe as "the DKC guys" just as much as they're the Metroid Prime guys, and they're currently working on the latter, which means the former's gonna have to sit it out for awhile.
From what I heard, a third DKC wasn't even in the cards over at Retro. If Nintendo is truly waiting for Retro to finish MP4, there is no guarantee they'll want to work another DKC afterwards. DK fans are already waiting almost a decade to hear anything. I highly doubt Nintendo are just twiddling their thumbs waiting for the chance Retro might want to work on the IP again.

If it isn't EPD, it will be some other studio then.

From what I heard, a third DKC wasn't even in the cards over at Retro. If Nintendo is truly waiting for Retro to finish MP4, there is no guarantee they'll want to work another DKC afterwards. DK fans are already waiting almost a decade to hear anything. I highly doubt Nintendo are just twiddling their thumbs waiting for the chance Retro might want to work on the IP again.

If it isn't EPD, it will be some other studio then.
I believe in EPD is doing it. We can’t wait for retro. Wth we going 10 years without a new DK game? Plus, Retro might stick with Metroid Prime for some time and not want to do DK for a while.

So....we are at the phase where we believe the lies of a pathological liar ?

6kixrh.jpg

I believe in EPD is doing it. We can’t wait for retro. Wth we going 10 years without a new DK game? Plus, Retro might stick with Metroid Prime for some time and not want to do DK for a while.
We are also going 10 years without a new Mario Kart game. And yes I know Tour exists

The last Nintendo team to handle Donkey Kong internally over in Japan was the Tokyo office. If EPD 8 are on DK right now, it's not completely wild and unprecedented - it's almost a homecoming for them: the Tokyo office's first shipped game was Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.

I agree. I dont think a DK3 (by retro) was ever in the cards. They most likely jumped right away at a new ip, considering tanabe had no idea of what they were up to.

Im very curious to see this dk by epd game : )

It's been over a year since these rumors began and we still don't know if DK is 2D or 3D. I just want to know that one detail jfc.
Well Zippo says its a 2D title but would suspect its just speculation about him because of that job board that Nintendo were hiring for a “2D Action Game” back in 2019 IIRC.

IMO, nintendo epd games rarely gets leaked, so my speculation is that nst is the main developer and a small group of epd tokyo is supervising the project while main tokyo stuff + 1up studio are focused next 3D Mario game.

The “theory” is that the small group of epd tokyo leading this rumoured project are young employees who played the original DKC trilogy in their childhood days. (So people that are +30).

And personal opinion, DKC TF is already an excellent 2D DK title, I would prefer if Nintendo releases something like a DK that has mixes of linear 3D/2D levels like Crash games or something like Super Mario 3D World (Donkey Kong 3D Country?)

And honestly, almost everything surrounded the return of Donkey Kong are theories and guesses.

Last edited:
I would love a new DKC of course but what I really want is something new. Maybe even a game that has both 2D and 3D gameplay idk. Doing something new like Jungle Beat was is way more interesting to me than bringing back K Rool for nostalgia or something.

I've been rewatching some old Directs lately. Can't believe the Mario Kart 8 announcement is almost 10 years old now O.O

Great thread guys but just one thing, why the hate on subway? I really love their HoneyOat BLT and have good memories devouring those.

If MonkEPD is 2D, I'm expecting something like a DKC Jungle Beat hybrid. Basically, it's like Retro's DKC but with more savage beat em up elements like in Jungle Beat.

let's get some excitement back with some predictions. Assuming this is a E3 sized direct here is what I am hoping and expecting.

• Fire Emblem will be announced with early 2023 release date
  • Metroid Prime remaster Oct. With a 30 second MP4 teaser
  • DLC Updates ( Mario Kart, Switch Sports, Mario party)
  • Bayonetta 3 late October release date
  • Sparks of Hope December release date
  • Arms 2 2023 reveal
  • No Zelda BotW2( Love to be wrong)
  • Splatoon 3 story trailer
  • Mario Movie update
  • Pikmin 4 tease

People from Era (myself included) remember all this stuff well, and it was not just this, it was dozens of things. Am not that guy who would point and say "look this insider got this and this wrong" but Zippo is really not believable.
I was a lurker in resetera. It's very true, he is not beliavable. I've seen so many, many things! I think I started lurking in Era when it was on the second Direct thread, a very long time!
I can confirm that I believe Emily and Nate after everything I've witnessed.
Also, Kelios and KingZell too! It's so sad to know that they leaved because of toxicity on the internet

Last edited:
This is going to be a very long 7 to 8 days depending when the Direct will happen.
And we are together on this roller coaster!
Also, just saying, I really really like your profile picture!

Edit: sorry for the Double post!

let's get some excitement back with some predictions. Assuming this is a E3 sized direct here is what I am hoping and expecting.

• Fire Emblem will be announced with early 2023 release date
  • Metroid Prime remaster Oct. With a 30 second MP4 teaser
  • DLC Updates ( Mario Kart, Switch Sports, Mario party)
  • Bayonetta 3 late October release date
  • Sparks of Hope December release date
  • Arms 2 2023 reveal
  • No Zelda BotW2( Love to be wrong)
  • Splatoon 3 story trailer
  • Mario Movie update
  • Pikmin 4 tease

The most pessimistic predictions I've seen and therefore probably the most accurate.

My predictions:

• EPD 8 project reveal, release 2022
  • Fire Emblem reveal
  • Splatoon Singleplayer trailer
  • Bayonetta 3 trailer
  • Live a Life
  • Silksong
  • Metroid Prime Remaster
  • extremely small and short Prime 4 teaser
  • Game reveal from the Mario/Pikmin team launching next year
  • last but not least BotW 2 full reveal trailer:
    they show us the gameplay loop, more story beats, tease big dungeons and reveal the title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom