• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no I cant wait till the end of the month lol. Also tommorow I am kind of hoping for something, at least an announcement. Usually they drop news Tuesday and Wednesday though.

Anyways I may have to actually play some games!!

Not sure why you’d doubt Alanah. Also the June meeting is different from the other 3 shareholders meetings from what I recall.
Yeah this one is different, it's more about voting for the director and leadership positions and not really about sales or future strategy.

This is the one where we occasionally get really oddball Q/A questions like "why don't you give shareholders more free goodies when we attend these meetings"

Yeah this one is different, it's more about voting for the director and leadership positions and not really about sales or future strategy.

This is the one where we occasionally get really oddball Q/A questions like "why don't you give shareholders more free goodies when we attend these meetings"
Yeah but

that’s a good question!

Hmm I see. I guess she was somewhat right because BOTW2 got no release date and whatnot. I actually don't remember too much of what people were expecting last E3 but it was still really good iirc.
Last year's E3 was great. A lot of good things and even some bigger surprises like Metroid Dread and Mario Party.

Hmm I see. I guess she was somewhat right because BOTW2 got no release date and whatnot. I actually don't remember too much of what people were expecting last E3 but it was still really good iirc.
Yeah Alanah didn’t seem so hype because I think she was thinking of the big games, but many Nintendo fans really liked last years direct.

Yeah Alanah didn’t seem so hype because I think she was thinking of the big games, but many Nintendo fans really liked last years direct.
I'm also guessing BOTW2's inclusion at the end wasn't known, recall Jeff Grubb saying he was 50/50 on if BOTW2 was going to be there, but I think he talked about other stuff being there that he was sure of and ended up actually happening, but could be wrong on that last bit

P3P and P4G coming to Switch while 5 Royal skips it would be peak Atlus, but no sense in stressing about it. You'll just go mad.

Ok I'll stop stressing. But just let it be known I will go mad if it skips, so I'd just be kind of postponing it.

Is the above a formalized thing, or just an observation? ie. Is there anything that would prevent them from talking strategy?

The timing still feels weird. Perhaps they just want to space themselves from other showcases?

If Alanah ends up saying that this next Direct will be "very good" or something like that, hold on to your butts, because we're gonna get a new FE, BOTW2 gameplay, Metroid Prime 4 gameplay, the Switch Pro, a Mother Collection Remake, and a new DK and Star Fox

I have always found the people who say to temper expectations very annoying and obnoxious but I think this is one case where it is actually warranted. The schedule is so stacked that unless they start popping out 2023 games we shouldn't expect too much. But I don't really think we need too much, just showing the existing games and a few new things is all we need here.

I'm also guessing BOTW2's inclusion at the end wasn't known, recall Jeff Grubb saying he was 50/50 on if BOTW2 was going to be there, but I think he talked about other stuff being there that he was sure of and ended up actually happening, but could be wrong on that last bit
IIRC, they hide BOTW2 in the 2019 Direct of the Media, maybe they did the same in last year's Direct.

Is the above a formalized thing, or just an observation? ie. Is there anything that would prevent them from talking strategy?

The timing still feels weird. Perhaps they just want to space themselves from other showcases?
It's just an observation, I don't think it's like a hard and fast rule. In 2014-2015 they may have actually touched on future strategy at this, I'm not sure.

Sigma Chad energy

Oh, so it's not the usual quarterly report? I remember that happening way later in summer so that makes sense.

Which also makes the whole thing a little more logical.

If we have all dates on the table, there are nine Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday dates left in the month. We know next week is ruled out by Nate, that leaves the back six. I’m personally ruling out June 30th at this point since if Persona ports get announced it would be July 1st in Japan which would skip over Announcement 5 (still unfulfilled in Japan at this point per their website and Twitter).

That leaves fives days, June 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 28th, and 29th. There’s a 1/5 chance then the 29th is indeed the day. The 21st - 23rd week would step on not just on Fire Emblem Warriors, but on about four other retail releases including Ai Nirvana Initiative and the Capcom Fighting Game Collection. The following week runs up against Monster Hunter Rise, but that game is 100% fine. It has no danger of being forgotten about due to a Direct and the rest of the week is well open for shadowdrops alongside it.

I’m rolling with the 28th or 29th at this point and feel good about it.

"Furukawa-san, i only came to this meeting because you promised me a Wario pen. Where is it"
"The pens will be provided in due time, ladies and gentlemen. But when it comes to our financial prospects..."
"Is Kirby a baby or not?"
"What"

I'm absolutely rolling that people were given silent confirmation of a direct and kept it to themselves as this board burned itself to the ground lmao.

Last year I was expecting a new WarioWare, a new Mario Party, a new 2D Metroid, a Xenoblade 3 announcement, and the first footage for Bayonetta 3... so I wasn't too far off expectation wise.

I'm absolutely rolling that people were given silent confirmation of a direct and kept it to themselves as this board burned itself to the ground lmao.

Alanah probably doesn't even know this forum exists :3

I wonder if Alanah's comment is enough for Nate to be able to corroborate.

This thread is going to be wild if Nintendo decides to announce the Direct one day before it airs.

I can only image, it's the 28th and no Direct is yet announced. The end of June is just around the corner. There will be despair. Lots of it.

Worth noting that last year Nintendo announced their summer direct 13 days in advance. It's not out of the question that the direct could be announced in the next few days and still happen at the end of the month.

Nate the Corroborate
I can't believe you beat me to that one

So with the date seemingly settled possibly maybe, what sort of software reveals are we expecting? I feel like aside from MP4/MP-remaster I can't imagine what new stuff might be announced. Surely they won't do a big June Direct and have it mostly by dates for already-announced games.

June 29th is good. Gonna be an exciting few days with Three Hopes, a Direct, and Sunbreak.
Fami, after 28.5 hrs ( I'm horrible at puzzles) I finished this 1000 piece Hyrule map jigsaw puzzle

Thanks for posting this. It led me on a Zelda puzzle search and I saw a nice one of Koholint Island.

June 29th is good. Gonna be an exciting few days with Three Hopes, a Direct, and Sunbreak.

Thanks for posting this. It led me on a Zelda puzzle search and I saw a nice one of Koholint Island.
Yeah it's was exhausting honestly lol. I'm thrilled with the way it came out though. I'm going to frame it and hang it up

investing in a company should mean that you get all the stuff they make for free. it's only common sense.

I have always found the people who say to temper expectations very annoying and obnoxious but I think this is one case where it is actually warranted. The schedule is so stacked that unless they start popping out 2023 games we shouldn't expect too much. But I don't really think we need too much, just showing the existing games and a few new things is all we need here.
I literally just want wave 2 I DO NOT CARE NOR EXPECT ANYTHING ELSE

Wow amazing. What a way for all of this to come together.

Also we got any Indianapolis people? You should hit up St. Elmo's Steakhouse to celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom