• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to keep notifications on the Snitch. But if you don’t want to be spoiled be cautious and make sure he doesn’t start spoiling stuff.

I'm literally thinking it's PraticialBrush. He is being vague to not get caught, he got caught last time because he gave too much info, and he is nice and kind, unlike other insiders. I dunno.

I'm literally thinking it's PraticialBrush. He is being vague to not get caught, he got caught last time because he gave too much info, and he is nice and kind, unlike other insiders. I dunno.
Unlike other insiders? Most insiders I've talked to are nice, other than Khu and Sabi (the latter can go straight to hell).

Imagine: A couple days from now the Snitch wakes up and tweets out:

🔴

What do you do
I crawl off my bed and head to the frontyard while keeping a 4 leg position and emitting a screeching sound. Once outside, I grab my ankles and start rolling forming an 8, this goes on for 5 hours straight. After that I just get up and stand there, quite, not even breathing, looking to my neighbors grandma straight into her eyes until the Direct starts.

The majority of insiders are nice as hell

The fake ones are the assholes, because they’re just in it for attention and ego. It’s always an easy telltale sign.

Has any Youtube updating, archiving, and other bullshit ever meant that a Direct was imminent? I feel like pops up from time to time but never nothing ever materializes.
Tomorrow's feed: "Direct Soon? Here's proof", "HUGE UPDATE! Direct this week" insert surprise face thumbnail

I crawl off my bed and head to the frontyard while keeping a 4 leg position and emitting a screeching sound. Once outside, I grab my ankles and start rolling forming an 8, this goes on for 5 hours straight. After that I just get up and stand there, quite, not even breathing, looking to my neighbors grandma straight into her eyes until the Direct starts.
I regret reading this and I hope you regret posting this

Any super-specific predictions for the Direct? I'm betting we'll see apartments in Splatoon 3. In fact, I'm betting you boot up in your apartment, giving you easy optional access to the rotation news and the quick ability to change gear. You could save gear sets in your closet (without amiibo!) and maybe even get on a computer and lobby up with friends? Regardless of what form they take, I bet we'll see them this month.

Any super-specific predictions for the Direct? I'm betting we'll see apartments in Splatoon 3. In fact, I'm betting you boot up in your apartment, giving you easy optional access to the rotation news and the quick ability to change gear. You could save gear sets in your closet (without amiibo!) and maybe even get on a computer and lobby up with friends? Regardless of what form they take, I bet we'll see them this month.
I have high confidence in a Tomodachi Life port, that integrates the upgraded mii options from Miitopia. Seems like an obvious thing to do.

Nintendo, hire this raccoon.

splatoon-3-city.jpg

as a reminder, here's what the Splatoon 3 hub looks like

New Splatoon 3 mode (but that could be saved for a Splat Direct). I don't think we will see Nogami in this one, sonit will be just online + singleplayer trailer once again.

There will be no game from Konami or Capcom (in the Western Direct) and exactly 6 RPGs will have a spot on the Direct

Splatoon_splash_screen.png

I’ve wanted it from the moment I launched the first game and saw its wii u splash screen

also can we talk about how perfect a splash screen is for this game, heh

Yes, but Nintendo uploads the trailers in advance. When Direct end the trailers are just visible.
How far in advance? Hisotrically, many trailers are delayed for hours sometimes even days for smaller announcements as they try to space out the 2nd wave of notifications to get more eyeballs on them. Many day 1 trailers are just cut segment of the direct until a more proper trailer shows up a few days later, the uploading is probably happening as the direct goes live. I don't think they are just sitting there.

Idk I doubt its that late in the month, Nintendo usually never holds events that late. Ultimately it'll be in the next 2 weeks so its a moot point

How far in advance? Hisotrically, many trailers are delayed for hours sometimes even days for smaller announcements as they try to space out the 2nd wave of notifications to get more eyeballs on them. Many day 1 trailers are just cut segment of the direct until a more proper trailer shows up a few days later, the uploading is probably happening as the direct goes live. I don't think they are just sitting there.
I don't think they are just sitting there either, but they are probably uploaded the same day the Direct goes live, with a set time. When the announcement happens in the Dorect, the trailer just goes public.

I don't think they are just sitting there either, but they are probably uploaded the same day the Direct goes live, with a set time. When the announcement happens in the Dorect, the trailer just goes public.
Yeah so it's very hard to leak that way, i will also point out most trailers don't go live as announcement happen, maybe for 3rd party stuff where the 3rd parties put up their trailer on their own channel. on Nintendo's channel as I noted, a lot of times, the trailers are delayed sometimes by hours and it will just be an edited segment from the direct. the full proper trailer may not show up until later in the day or days later.

It's either going to be close to Fire Emblem Warriors or close to the investor meeting. Nintendo probably prefers the latter.
Yeah. I would go with FE. I know they don't care about investor meetings at all with these, but having it like 2 or less days prior didn't happened before and I don't think it will happen this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom