• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehi @NateDrake hopefully you can provide an answer and I'm not disturbing you: have you looked into the recent Neon White-related leak and how it correlates with your knowledge on when the Direct should be happening? Or if is there any correlation at all between the leak and the Direct?

This is exactly what I'm saying. Pre-recorded demos are much more likely and would essentially serve the same purpose, they would just save money and resources on getting a live stream up and running.

To be honest, wasn't last year's Treehouse at least partially prerecorded? If it's wasn't, it at least looked like it.

This is for Microsoft. Jeff Grubb confirmed Perfect Dark and Fable won’t be at their presentation.
For the better. Perfect Dark needs a lot of time to cook since the developer shakeup. Leaves lots of room for hopefully Starfield, Everwild, and Avowed.

Or really just a deep dive on ANYTHING first-party for Microsoft. Things feel dire over there.

To be honest, wasn't last year's Treehouse at least partially prerecorded? If it's wasn't, it at least looked like it.
Unless they pre-taped a live 3-hour segment with built-in breaks then nope, it was live.

There was Sakamoto's segment after the Direct that led into Treehouse Live but that segue was def written into his script.

For the better. Perfect Dark needs a lot of time to cook since the developer shakeup. Leaves lots of room for hopefully Starfield, Everwild, and Avowed.

Or really just a deep dive on ANYTHING first-party for Microsoft. Things feel dire over there.
I don't think they feel dire overall. Maybe they do specifically for 2022. Microsoft is/will be a console WRPG fan's dream right now, tbh (note: I am a console WRPG fan).

I want to see more The Outer Worlds 2 even though I won't be playing that game for two more years. That's the game that's going to make me get an XBSX. Then Psychonauts 3 will be the game that makes me get whatever the next Xbox is (or the Xbox after that).

I don’t know if it was mentioned, but Bayonetta 3 is shown on Nintendo Store’s homepage since today:

Hasn’t been there yesterday

I don’t know if it was mentioned, but Bayonetta 3 is shown on Nintendo Store’s homepage since today:

Hasn’t been there yesterday
You're right, good catch. Goes without words that it doesn't mean necessarily mean...but hype is this threads bread and butter.

Wasn't the September 2019 Direct kind of leaky? I remember Overwatch being one of those GameStop placeholder leak things.

Seems like the most protected IP easily is Zelda. BotW2 at E3 2019 blindsided each and every one, and I expect the game to be super tight-lipped going forward.

I keep getting an error trying to see the store, I guess it's because of the Xenoblade traffic?

Probably lol
Ain't no probably it is because of the Xenoblade 3 special edition going live and it getting hammered with traffic. I wanted one but once it was revealed to be only on the Nintendo store I said naw I'm good I already know it's going to be a shit show and don't need the stress of trying to get there when it opened.

What if Nintendo Is pissed because this site section Is called Treehouse and so Furukawa Is like "you know what? F*ck you Famiboards, we're not gonna do the thing at all"?

Jeff Grubb pointed out something interesting yesterday. What if Nintendo doesn’t hold a Direct this month? This calendar year is mostly filled with Pokémon being the big holiday game. They could easily do a twitter drop saying: Metroid Prime HD coming in December or announce a date for Bayonetta 3. I personally believe in a Direct but it’s an interesting concept. There’s no E3

Jeff Grubb pointed out something interesting yesterday. What if Nintendo doesn’t hold a Direct this month? This calendar year is mostly filled with Pokémon being the big holiday game. They could easily do a twitter drop saying: Metroid Prime HD coming in December or announce a date for Bayonetta 3. I personally believe in a Direct but it’s an interesting concept. There’s no E3
Nintendo never really places Directs based on how filled the calendar is or isn't. That's pretty much never been a great indicator of Direct timings

I talked to my brother about Bayonetta 3 yesterday so if you want anything to pop up soon-ish feel free to send me an eShop voucher (PAL region) and I'll see what I can do.

Nintendo would still do a Direct in June because promoting their own platform - including games from third parties - is even more important than taking part in E3.

We've talked about this a hundred times at this point lol. There's no reason for them NOT to do a Nintendo Direct. Yeah sure the rest of the year is already kinda stacked first-party wise, but we still need to get announcements and dates for a lot of third-party titles. We need to get announcements for Nintendo game updates as well (Switch Sports, Mario Kart, and Mario Strikers will get DLC announcements in the Direct for sure). And there's at least one decent sized first-party title coming this year that we don't know about. There's a ton of reasons for them to do a Direct.

I also personally don't really see Nintendo just going "hey lol Metroid Prime HD" on Twitter and just leaving afterwards. That is stuff you introduce in a Direct.

People give E3 a weight that it doesn't actually have. Nintendo is a company that has to show its products in order to attract more consumers. Presentations are a part of that. If they are in a position where they can organize a Direct and have sufficient content prepared to do so and think that is the best way to engage consumers, a Direct is what they'll do.

Are we really back in the “maybe directs aren’t necessary” phase?

Did we not learn from our 2020 mistakes?

2020 would like to have a word with you
Look, using the year there was a literal global pandemic that basically turned the world on its head is not exactly the best measuring stick for anything

People need to stop acting like anything that happened in that year from a Nintendo perspective was in any way normal or representative of any year where there isn't that scale of disaster. Nintendo went right back to normal basically immediately after that year ended and there's no indication that's going to change now

The rest of the year isn't really stacked by Nintendo's standards; sure, there are two really big sellers positioned in September and November, but Nintendo always have more than that in that window.

I’m not saying there isn’t gonna be a Direct btw I think there will be. Twitter drops are cool too
Sure, but the logic that says "maybe they don't need a Direct" is flawed; it ignores both the number of titles Nintendo actually release per year, as well as the use of the Directs to promote the Switch platform as a whole - Not just Nintendo titles, but indies, service updates, and obviously third party software.

Why would Nintendo drop all of that promotion right now? Nobody actually explains that when they say "they could get away without a Direct". They cite the first party release calendar, but not the rest of the software and brand promotion provided by the Direct.

The only time Nintendo actually skipped doing a Direct was due to COVID, otherwise it's always every 3-4 months now. It's gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom