• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People gotta stop acting like they know it all. Yes, we can say “Nintendo would give us a weeks notice with a treehouse”. But in the end Nintendo will do what they want and maybe they believe 2 days is good enough. Announce on Monday and direct on Wednesday
They announced the Bakugan treehouse stream a day before, not sure where this week notice idea came from.

Hasn't Nintendo done game specific treehouses outside of e3 before?
Splatoon got one I think? But that was for the demos, not sure but only Splat2. And they did one Treehouse in 2018 after Smash Direct with Yoshi, Diablo and more.

Yea, a couple times. But usually as standalones not for several games back to back. The Bakugen/Paper Mario treehouse during the first year of Covid was the only time I can think that they did that.

edit: Really I just want lengthy gameplay showcases for Xenoblade 3 and BotW2. I'd be more thrilled with that than a direct

Hate to be that guy but they can completely skip Treehouse when there is no E3, yes there was Treehouse last year when E3 was digital but this time, when it's not part of E3 or anything? They can easily do prerocorded videos and just post them, it's more convinient and there are no issues with the stream or whatever.

Nintendo doing Treehouse doesn't necessarily mean they're doing the level of coverage they'd do at E3. They won't have a show floor to stream from and show off, after all. I dunno. Just feels weird to rule it out so conclusively right now.

That was such a weird one in so many ways. It came and went so quickly... it was...

Bakugan with the wind

(that was probably my favorite topic title)
That was a singlehanded distillation of everything that was wrong with the Nintendo fandom/hype train. All played out over a day.

Nintendo doing Treehouse doesn't necessarily mean they're doing the level of coverage they'd do at E3. They won't have a show floor to stream from and show off, after all. I dunno. Just feels weird to rule it out so conclusively right now.
Probably easier to do from Redmond since they have a pool of contractors right there to exploit with set development and production.

What game would they even show in a treehouse?
What couldn't they? Xenoblade 3 is the obvious one, Bayonetta 3 for sure that's still coming this year, Mario + Rabbids is a strong contender if it wasn't pushed to 2023. If that rumored new Fire Emblem or FE remake is here that could get a treehouse. And of course BotW2 is the holy grail. If E3 was happening this year it would've been BotW2's only E3 before the likely spring release.

Anything shown in the direct could be given a treehouse.

Maybe Dragon Quest 3 2D-HD (please please please, Nintendo and SE!)

funnily...I'm not.
I still believe that the Digital Event will be next week and that they will announce it on Monday/Tuesday

This week is for Mario Strikers review and Fire Emblem Three Hopes demo
Oh yeah, I think so too! I was just thinking earlier that they might announce it a week early since they did that for past E3 Directs, but since E3 isn't a thing this year who knows besides Nintendo. :p

My point is, it was an E3 event, digital or not, stripped down or not. This year it's different. They are doing their own thing and are not bound by the ESA or any other collaborative partners. They can announce it whenever they want.

Not saying Treehouse is guaranteed, but I would not rule it out just because it might not be announced this week.
I'm not saying it's not guaranteed, but I think the closer we get to the 15th, the (way) less likely we get a Treehouse segment. Would love to be wrong!
They have, but it's all relative. There was a Paper Mario one where they announced the Bakugan thing. It was about an hour and a half but that was also during the middle of lockdowns when everyone was already home so there's more likely to be an audience. There was also one for Hyrule Warriors and Pikmin 3 DX (edited to correct my mistake; I thought HW and Paper Mario were together, but HW was only announced in September).

Smash UItimate got a Treehouse Live right after the final Smash Direct on 11.02.18, which was announced alongside that Direct, a week prior.

Last edited:
I don't really see the point in bringing up instances of standalone treehouses or two games at a time treehouses. Showcasing multiple games over three days is pretty different than just Bakugen+Paper Mario or just Pikmin+Age of Calamity.

If there is a treehouse, it's almost definitely not going on for multiple days but hopefully it's more than just two games.

I don't really see the point in bringing up instances of standalone treehouses or two games at a time treehouses. Showcasing multiple games over three days is pretty different than just Bakugen+Paper Mario or just Pikmin+Age of Calamity.

If there is a treehouse, it's almost definitely not going on for multiple days but hopefully it's more than just two games.
Wasn’t last years treehouse just a few hours? I don’t think we need some huge thing with repeated showings as there is no show floor to have traffic/encourage demo playing.

Wasn’t last years treehouse just a few hours? I don’t think we need some huge thing with repeated showings as there is no show floor to have traffic/encourage demo playing.
Something like last year's would be great. Where this year isn't E3 I have concerns we may not even get that much though

Here's the playlist for last year's treehouse. I'd be delighted if we got this much this year (eight games):

The ideal Treehouse for me would be just NCL employees showcasing games and then one segment for chill, just Miyamoto casually showing his house + his basement with Pikmin 4 cover art with empty boxes, Nogami showing his Splaoon house, Aonuma showing his Hyrule garden and so on. The Treehouse would end with that you can call them on a phone and ask a question.

Could be worse, it could be like the first Partner Showcase in 2020: Announced randomly at midnight like 7 hours before it aired

Hate to be that guy but they can completely skip Treehouse when there is no E3, yes there was Treehouse last year when E3 was digital but this time, when it's not part of E3 or anything? They can easily do prerocorded videos and just post them, it's more convinient and there are no issues with the stream or whatever.
This is exactly what I'm saying. Pre-recorded demos are much more likely and would essentially serve the same purpose, they would just save money and resources on getting a live stream up and running.
People gotta stop acting like they know it all. Yes, we can say “Nintendo would give us a weeks notice with a treehouse”. But in the end Nintendo will do what they want and maybe they believe 2 days is good enough. Announce on Monday and direct on Wednesday
I work in corporate video production and I can confidently tell you that a big tech company like Nintendo is not spending the money on a big live stream with hosts and sets, without giving people time to plan to watch it. They know this is normally E3 time so they've probably been planning this for months already, without the knowledge that E3 would be canceled. I could see that cancelation being a reason to adjust their plans, for sure.

Anecdotal evidence but I just finished work on a 2-hour project for a global food company, all of those videos within the presentation were pre-recorded (some I filmed myself in the beginning of May), and even still they gave 2 weeks' notice for attendees.

The 24-hour cycle of announcement to debut for Directs is a model they've used for like 9 going on 10 years so it works for them because the audience has been conditioned to expect it. At this point, especially considering the Reddit post was removed, it's safe to say a Direct is happening on the 15th. Not so safe to say a Treehouse is happening alongside it if it doesn't get announced this week. That's all I'm saying.

This is exactly what I'm saying. Pre-recorded demos are much more likely and would essentially serve the same purpose, they would just save money and resources on getting a live stream up and running.

I work in corporate video production and I can confidently tell you that a big tech company like Nintendo is not spending the money on a big live stream with hosts and sets, without giving people time to plan to watch it. They know this is normally E3 time so they've probably been planning this for months already, without the knowledge that E3 would be canceled. I could see that cancelation being a reason to adjust their plans, for sure.

Anecdotal evidence but I just finished work on a 2-hour project for a global food company, all of those videos within the presentation were pre-recorded (some I filmed myself in the beginning of May), and even still they gave 2 weeks' notice for attendees.

The 24-hour cycle of announcement to debut for Directs is a model they've used for like 9 going on 10 years so it works for them because the audience has been conditioned to expect it. At this point, especially considering the Reddit post was removed, it's safe to say a Direct is happening on the 15th. Not so safe to say a Treehouse is happening alongside it if it doesn't get announced this week. That's all I'm saying.
I understand your experience, but at the end of the day nobody here works at Nintendo. They will make their decisions. Microsoft will make theirs and every company will make their own. Now, I’ve already said the direct can be announced tomorrow. I don’t understand why tomorrow is being dismissed.

We got the reviews and previews today. Nintendo could’ve easily had reviews on one day and previews on Thursday. I expect a Nintendo Treehouse when your presentation begins 9 am because that’s how Nintendo has ran their business for a near decade

I understand your experience, but at the end of the day nobody here works at Nintendo. They will make their decisions. Microsoft will make theirs and every company will make their own. Now, I’ve already said the direct can be announced tomorrow. I don’t understand why tomorrow is being dismissed.

We got the reviews and previews today. Nintendo could’ve easily had reviews on one day and previews on Thursday. I expect a Nintendo Treehouse when your presentation begins 9 am because that’s how Nintendo has ran their business for a near decade
Very fair and all of that could happen. We're less than a week out so I guess time will tell.

A 6PM announcement would make me lol after all this

Why can't the treehouse be pre recorded if that's the problem? I feel it would be pretty much the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom