• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well, RIP Sale Theory. But Nintendo getting like literally everything out of the way today does make me wonder if we'll get the announcement tomorrow.

Probably will be next week, though.

you get a drive by, you get a driveby, and you get a driveby

mario-kart-luigi.gif

This missed announcement of Direct might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew it wasn't set in stone that they would announce a Direct today but the hype they created with sales pattern made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Direct announcement was expected, they should've just done it.

Gotta love the never-ending cycle of

I doubt what [insider] said!

contradicted by

Why hasn't [insider] commented on [latest rumor]?!

1) silence is an answer and they owe you nothing

2) Y'all – think of Direct speculation like religion. People can think something different than you and that's okay. Just do you and enjoy the chaos together, like any other holiday. In the end, on Direct day we'll all be happy complaining about the direct instead

Gotta love the never-ending cycle of

contradicted by

1) silence is an answer and they owe you nothing

2) Y'all – think of Direct speculation like religion. People can think something different than you and that's okay. Just do you and enjoy the chaos together, like any other holiday. In the end, on Direct day we'll all be happy complaining about the direct instead
My favorite is the "the Direct hasn't been announced even at the absolute earliest time that it even remotely has a chance to be, so I'm starting to doubt that a direct even exists at all!" posts. (not directed at anyone, just all in good fun!).

Just be patient and enjoy the ride, everyone! It'll happen sometime soon. In the meantime, lots of other gaming events starting tomorrow to look at and check out, if you're into that.

And that was, of course the trailer for new instalment in 2D Mario adventure series, New Super Mario X. Speaking of which, last week we had a global launch for the Mario Strikers: Battle League, we hope you enjoy that Mario adventure as well.

My favorite is the "the Direct hasn't been announced even at the absolute earliest time that it even remotely has a chance to be, so I'm starting to doubt that a direct even exists at all!" posts. (not directed at anyone, just all in good fun!).

Just be patient and enjoy the ride, everyone! It'll happen sometime soon. In the meantime, lots of other gaming events starting tomorrow to look at and check out, if you're into that.
Yeah I only really take issue when folks specifically poke and prod at insiders in moments like that. It's not their job to handle someone's emotional rollercoaster just because they're active in this thread. That said, emotional roller coasters are entertaining to go on together lol.

Yeah I only really take issue when folks specifically poke and prod at insiders in moments like that. It's not their job to handle someone's emotional rollercoaster just because they're active in this thread. That said, emotional roller coasters are entertaining to go on together lol.
I feel bad for Nate in that reassurance seems required when supposed patterns aren’t met. In other news, I see manscsped has displays at target now, so @NateDrake should ask for a bigger cut for doing the ads.

I think that if they fixed it there's a non-negligible chance that stinky horse ends up in the Direct

it sounds more gamey than 1-2 Switch
Honestly the idea wasnt bad at all and if they fixed the mini-games it could be a good party/online game. But this type of game depends on the mini-games and if they suck the game sucks and shouldnt be released

The fact that this is the first time we’ve heard of this company, who has put out Sticker Star and Other M, actually be scared to put out a game because it may “ruin their reputation” has me scared for Everybody Switch.

At least we know the Direct is only a week away. The announcement timing doesn't matter too much.

Of course I'll be working during this, but that's a complaint for another day.

I feel bad for Nate in that reassurance seems required when supposed patterns aren’t met. In other news, I see manscsped has displays at target now, so @NateDrake should ask for a bigger cut for doing the ads.
A bigger cut? But I thought with the new lawn mower 4.0 skinsafe technology you didn't have to worry about nicks, cuts and scrapes?

We should have a Nate skin for the boards on special occasions like these. How about hot pink?

I mean, it is. And Splatoon stole its F.L.U.D.D. mechanics and I'm still pissed about that

I think that if they fixed it there's a non-negligible chance that stinky horse ends up in the Direct

it sounds more gamey than 1-2 Switch
If anyone at Nintendo EPD 4 is reading this:

The only way to fix it is turning it into a full-blown sequel to Wii Play, including Tanks! 2!

I can't believe this is gonna be fami's first not-e3! This is such a gosh darn amazing community and I'm excited to experience it all with you.

The Direct is the Fami we make along the way.

I can't believe this is gonna be fami's first not-e3! This is such a gosh darn amazing community and I'm excited to experience it all with you.
At least we know the one pattern that always holds up, that no matter how good a direct may be there will be people who say Nintendo is doomed

PSA: I will now start binge-watching all Directs that ever aired (including Mini, game specific, Micro, what have you) in order to test if watching Directs will delay Subway.

I will take no questions at this time.

The fact that this is the first time we’ve heard of this company, who has put out Sticker Star and Other M, actually be scared to put out a game because it may “ruin their reputation” has me scared for Everybody Switch.

Metroid Prime 4

In summary: A guy on Reddit (he wrote that he is a content creator) said 'screw it', and unveiled an embargo on the 15th for Neon White. His email seems credible. He is suggesting that the embargo could mean that the Direct is on the 15th too.

EDIT: I think the Reddit thread got taken down or deleted.
I get that. I don’t get how that contradicts what Nate said that the other users were commenting on.

why? so they can take time off from work a week in advance?
Not really. It is not an in-person thing, and people can just catch up via VOD if they can't watch it live.
no big company would bother spending the money on a live-streamed event if there's no one to watch it live. yes, you gotta give people time.

they announced it almost 2 weeks early last year and that was for a really stripped-down E3. Other years they've announced their E3 plans almost a month in advance. that was always the benefit of having an E3 week; the expectation was always there. No E3, no same expectation.

Last edited:
People are panicng that a direct wasn't announced a week early and xeno fans broke the nintendo store. What chaos did I walk into?

But seriously, how likely is everyone feeling a treehouse is? Would they announce it earlier than usual if treehouse was happening? I could see them doing maybe less showcases than usual focused on stuff coming out in the more immediate future.

no big company would bother spending the money on a live-streamed event if there's no one to watch it live. yes, you gotta give people time.

they announced it almost 2 weeks early last year and that was for a really stripped-down E3. Other years they've announced their E3 plans almost a month in advance. that was always the benefit of having an E3 week; the expectation was always there. No E3, no same expectation.

My point is, it was an E3 event, digital or not, stripped down or not. This year it's different. They are doing their own thing and are not bound by the ESA or any other collaborative partners. They can announce it whenever they want.

Not saying Treehouse is guaranteed, but I would not rule it out just because it might not be announced this week. For enthusiasts like us it might be hard to grasp, but the general audience will not take time off either way, and I doubt live audience is the primary metric they are interested in.

People gotta stop acting like they know it all. Yes, we can say “Nintendo would give us a weeks notice with a treehouse”. But in the end Nintendo will do what they want and maybe they believe 2 days is good enough. Announce on Monday and direct on Wednesday

I feel like the odds of Treehouse are high if the leak's timeslot for the Direct is correct. There's no other reason to deviate to that timeslot given there's no wider E3 coverage to contend with here; without Treehouse, Nintendo could use their February and September Direct timeslot rather than the E3 one.

The possibility they've opted for the usual E3 time increases the odds of Treehouse being a thing; maybe we don't get the level or extent of coverage that usually happens at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom