• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple things I posted over there Monolith has a new news.

Social media integration with Kyoto

As of February 28, 2022, we will integrate the following Monolith Soft official social media accounts.

• Official Twitter "Monolith Soft Kyoto Studio"
    integrated with official Twitter "Monolith Soft"
  • Official Facebook "Monolith Soft Kyoto Studio"
    integrated with official Facebook "Monolith Soft"
We look forward to your continued support for the official Monolith Soft account.

And Kyoto is hiring for designers though I’m confused by the translation. Almost sounded like for clothing related to AC? Not sure

Currently, Monolith Soft Kyoto Studio is looking for designers.

As a special project, we will introduce the development of Kyoto Studio in an interview format according to the person in charge
of "Animal Crossing : New Clothes Forest" .

Monolith Kyoto has a whole section on the website about their studio. Interviews and what it’s like working there. They’ve never propped the studio up like this before. It talks about how they help with Nintendos original titles. Looks good. I’m gonna read through these interviews.

Have there been rumors about that? The main rumor I've heard was Melia, but I could be out of the loop. Both would be fine with me!
I think what was said was simply "character whose name starts with M."

From one of the Monolith Kyoto interviews

Compared to the Tokyo head office, the number of people is small, so it has a cozy atmosphere. Now, there are more than 30 staff members, and I can understand the faces and names of all of them, and I think there is no one who has never spoken to them. Since the number of new graduates joining the company has increased in the last few years, there are a relatively large number of young staff.
All this time I thought they had at least 50 people.

Team January your chariot awaits
dancing-coffin-coffin-dance.gif[IMG]

Team January will stay faithful. We will win in January 2023!

Could someone translate this for me? My computer's text-to-speech software doesn't work with memes.
The note says "It is the 1st of February 2022", the girl in the pink dress is "# Team January", and she's saying "That sign won't stop me, because I can't read!" (which is what she actually says in the show).

I’m starting to think it could be this week for a few reasons:
  • More dated games to show off to investors
  • AW comes out April 8th and they’d wanna reveal the release date more than two months in advance (HA)
  • It would be the week immediately following a major release, just like the Q1 General and Mini Directs in 2021 & 2020
I still believe that the direct will be two weeks from now, but I didn’t think about this. If they really want to announce the date at least two months in advance, than it’s likely it will be this week.

Also Triangle Strategy is coming in a bit more of a month and I believe that they want to drop a demo soon, this week or at most the next.

I thought that they could do a twitter announce for Triangle Strategy demo and that’s it, but imo it will not make sense if they also have to announce the date of AW this week. Two twitter announces and then a direct only one/two weeks after is not a great move.
So maybe… this will really be the week?

Team January, its has been an honor once again. We will find our salvation eventually, be it January 2023, or later!
But truly it doesn't really matter if Directs are not aired in January, what matters is that we stand together, and dream together!

Looking at the weeks in February, and removing Mondays and Fridays:

Week 1: 1st - 3rd (Unlikely)
Week 2: 8th - 10th (Maybe)
Week 3: 15th - 17th (Maybe)
Week 4: 22nd - 24th (Unlikely)

Seems to me, if there is to be a direct this month, the 9th, 10th, 16th, and the 17th are the most likely days.

I figure it will happen by the 17th for no other reason than it just seems like the most reasonable time frame. I figure Forgotten Lands will get an overview trailer towards the end of the month (if Kirby doesn’t get a full blown Twitter/Anniversary Direct).

Since I am expecting a Triangle Strategy demo, the 17th would be too close to the actual release date (2 weeks).

Therefore I believe next week is the likeliest week by far (since they have their earnings this week).

Heres my predictions:

Febuary Direct:
Splatoon 3 trailer, release date, network test time revealed.
Emily's horse game announcement :)
Mario v Rabbits 2, trailer, release date.
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge trailer, release date.
Sizzle Reel of immediate games (chocobo gp, fall guys, outer wilds, kirby, triangle, rune factory 5, monster hunter dlc, new smaller indies/3rd parties shown here)
Mario Party DLC (free for expansion pass users)
MLB the Show coming to switch.
Lego Star Wars Switch footage trailer
Mario Bowling Game
Xenoblade 3 (early 2023)

Heres my predictions:

Febuary Direct:
Sizzle Reel of immediate games (chocobo gp, fall guys, outer wilds, kirby, triangle, rune factory 5, monster hunter dlc, new smaller indies/3rd parties shown here)
Mario Bowling Game
Xenoblade 3 (early 2023)
I think this is closer to reality, except I have the new Fire Emblem being announced too.

Heres my predictions:

Febuary Direct:
Mario Bowling Game
Xenoblade 3 (early 2023)
I think there will be reminders for Triangle Strategy and releases coming but they won't dwell on previously announced stuff except maybe for Splatoon 3.

Lego Star Wars got a trailer already posted. It will only get mentioned If there are new details to announce and that may not be there

Heres my predictions:

Febuary Direct:
Mario Bowling Game
Xenoblade 3 (early 2023)

Maybe add another Kirby, Triangle, and/or Advance Wars trailer, but yea this is a pretty grounded list.

I'd like to see that Mario Bowling game!

Since I am expecting a Triangle Strategy demo, the 17th would be too close to the actual release date (2 weeks).

Therefore I believe next week is the likeliest week by far (since they have their earnings this week).
This is a very smart take tbh, and a final overview trailer with a demo in the next Direct is not a stretch. I would bet on 9-10th february

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom