• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s important to remember if the game is called Everybody Switch it could be a somewhat different game compared to 1-2 Switch. The concept of the game could possibly be different.

It’s important to remember if the game is called Everybody Switch it could be a somewhat different game compared to 1-2 Switch. The concept of the game could possibly be different.
yeah that doesn't sound like 1-2 Switch 2 to me lol

if it's an online game where you milk a cow as fast as you can against people you can't see then frankly Nintendo deserves to fail

there might be a horse person

and it's a game without characters

I guess "might" was the operative word there

I hope that 1-2 Switch sequel or whatever casual centric game isn't their focus on the direct. They've been very good about not doing that but who knows.

Just from Nintendo, in terms of new announcements, I’m probably looking at a new Fire Emblem, Everybody Switch and one more new game.

Well if they do announce the Everybody Switch game outside of the difect then I’ll go with Xenoblade 3 or DK in its place.

Last edited:
I hope that 1-2 Switch sequel or whatever casual centric game isn't their focus on the direct. They've been very good about not doing that but who knows.
Most of the EPD 4 stuff has been revealed outside of directs. Miitopia is the one exception.

Let me be clear, in the hopes that people don't say I'm dooming, having a meltdown, cringe, etc: this year sounds like an objectively massive year, both in terms of majority fan reception and especially sales. It's a good year and I'm not arguing otherwise. Most of what I'm about to say comes down to personal taste, and I am acutely aware of that.

However, it feels like the most interesting games are coming in Q1. Everything else sounds like a rehash of something recent.

EPD 3 is finally finishing Zelda 2. Koei Tecmo is making a direct followup to their Fire Emblem. Ubisoft Milan (iirc?) is making Mario Rabbids 2. We're getting Xenoblade 3. Splatoon 3, too. An upres of Metroid Prime is being alluded to as a big release. And EPD 4, the go-to fun ideas team, is doing the tech demo again.

Those games are huge, but none spark the imagination. The big exception is of course the ongoing rumblings about Donkey Kong, which despite being personally cold on I'd be remiss not to acknowledge.

This year is making me appreciate 2021 so much more. So many small series and revivals! Pokémon Snap, Metroid, WarioWare Mario Golf, even Big Brain Academy of all things.

Sure, 2022 is the big year. It's finally arrived, and it sounds huge. But I can't be excited for the announcements of these sequels to recent projects.

I am not hyped for the Direct. Again, this only speaks to what excites me. But given the nature of this thread I thought such sentiment had a place here.

Usually those games aren't even announced in a direct. It'll be a Twitter drop.

What if Nitendo drops a random Mario Kart Direct that announces Mario Kart 9 which will be a Free 2 Play Battlepass title

a friend pointed out that EPD 4 tends to have shorter dev periods, which makes me wonder: is Everybody Switch a pandemic game? Are they trying to bring that experience online?

a friend pointed out that EPD 4 tends to have shorter dev periods, which makes me wonder: is Everybody Switch a pandemic game? Are they trying to bring that experience online?
Everybody Switch Masks: Your Old Mask is Disgusting

Usually those games aren't even announced in a direct. It'll be a Twitter drop.
Idk about this one though. Labo was a whole completely different product onto itself. RF had a new peripheral just to play the game. I feel like a sequel to 1-2 Switch falls in line with games you just announce in a Direct.

if it's a creative attempt to emulate the experience online I'm interested

if it's 3-4 Switch then Nintendo is dead to me

yeah that doesn't sound like 1-2 Switch 2 to me lol

if it's an online game where you milk a cow as fast as you can against people you can't see then frankly Nintendo deserves to fail
I don't want my mom to walk in when I'm playing that minigame online

Seeing a lot of "Switch has now outsold the Wii and PS1 talk" is the Q3 investors meeting this week by any chance?

61-E20-F02-8-E71-4082-9-B0-C-56-C574-C0-A694.jpg

C6464297-7115-4-B5-F-B26-C-FBBDEC4-C74-E9.jpg

Interesting

I was actually excited for the horse game because the horse person stuff sounded creative and interesting

I should've listened to everyone saying it was shit instead lol

rip EPD 4, see you next year hopefully

Let me be clear, in the hopes that people don't say I'm dooming, having a meltdown, cringe, etc: this year sounds like an objectively massive year, both in terms of majority fan reception and especially sales. It's a good year and I'm not arguing otherwise. Most of what I'm about to say comes down to personal taste, and I am acutely aware of that.

However, it feels like the most interesting games are coming in Q1. Everything else sounds like a rehash of something recent.

EPD 3 is finally finishing Zelda 2. Koei Tecmo is making a direct followup to their Fire Emblem. Ubisoft Milan (iirc?) is making Mario Rabbids 2. We're getting Xenoblade 3. Splatoon 3, too. An upres of Metroid Prime is being alluded to as a big release. And EPD 4, the go-to fun ideas team, is doing the tech demo again.

Those games are huge, but none spark the imagination. The big exception is of course the ongoing rumblings about Donkey Kong, which despite being personally cold on I'd be remiss not to acknowledge.

This year is making me appreciate 2021 so much more. So many small series and revivals! Pokémon Snap, Metroid, WarioWare Mario Golf, even Big Brain Academy of all things.

Sure, 2022 is the big year. It's finally arrived, and it sounds huge. But I can't be excited for the announcements of these sequels to recent projects.

I am not hyped for the Direct. Again, this only speaks to what excites me. But given the nature of this thread I thought such sentiment had a place here.
Always appreciate your candor, dude. 👍 I'm not exactly hyped for the Direct either, as most of what I'm really wanting to see is Square stuff (Chrono, FF) and Sonic stuff, none of which is guaranteed to be shown in a Direct. The Nintendo stuff (BOTW2, Bayo3, SplaThreen) I'm already sold on and don't want/need to see more of. Really the only Nintendo stuff I'd be jazzed to see are games we don't even know will be there (Xeno3, DK), so I kinda don't expect to see them in a Direct until there's either strong smoke about them being revealed or until they, like, just pop up and surprise us. Therefore I'm going into Directs pretty calmly with low expectations for a while. Which is good! I'm set up to be surprised, basically.

As far as "huge games vs sparking the imagination," I get that. It's almost like 2021 was a balanced, healthy meal and then 2022 is stacking up to be a bigass pot of comfort food. Which is okay. I could stand the entertainment equivalent of homemade mac and cheese right about now.

61-E20-F02-8-E71-4082-9-B0-C-56-C574-C0-A694.jpg

C6464297-7115-4-B5-F-B26-C-FBBDEC4-C74-E9.jpg

Interesting
Interesting, I wonder in what capacity is Nate talking about in regards to returning characters. It could be a Fates situation where they are plot relevant or at least take part in the main game. Or it could be a side mode thing. Curious to see this in action. Or it could just be Anna lol. Him mentioning iconic characters makes me thing its more of a side mode thing unless its a dimension hopping game.

Other Nate FE comments I found
There are many classes featured -- many brand news ones never found in prior FE. It's ambitious.

Nintendo will keep releasing new Fire Emblem games just to put pressure on me to go on with my slooow Three Houses playthrough already

The big games are definitely drawing the most attention in speculation, but I think there is a good chance we continue to see revivals as well. Nintendo always has about 20-25 games per year. The biggest ones that we know about count for half of them. As we continue with revivals, they are only going to be deeper and deeper cuts. I’m personally really pulling for Fortune Street to come back. Not small, but a multiplayer Zelda game this year would be excellent too.

Ok it’s definitely a sequel to 1-2 Switch. After reading the comments Nate responded and liked like 10 comments related to the casual game being 1-2 Switch.

I have one last comment to add from his video.

Person says “hey nate, have you heard anything about Good Feel or Grezzo? I read something about Good Feel making a Goemon spiritual successor and Grezzo doing more 2D Zelda games. Is any of this true?”

Nate responds with “I’ve heard a few whispers about them potentially working on some 2D Zelda projects”.
Lmao honestly I'm down to see the reactions/meltdowns to 3-4 Switch, it should make for great meme material at the very least

And PLEASE let Grezzo work on new 2D Zelda, Link's Awakening remake was amazing

I'm wondering how they got a sequel to FE3H done so quick......

Anyway...regarding zelda...I would take a new 2d game in November this year and finish off the fiscal year with Botw2.

I'm wondering how they got a sequel to FE3H done so quick......

Anyway...regarding zelda...I would take a new 2d game in November this year and finish off the fiscal year with Botw2.
Honestly, best case scenario for me because fall is already gonna be STACKED with Starfield and Nintendo's slate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom