• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Splatoon 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay how about this:

Free to play AND on PC, playable with mouse and keyboard
I don’t know how well it would do fare in the West but probably could become one of the biggest F2P games in SEA and Japan, which is why I think a mobile Splatoon version will happen someday

Fortnite and Splatoon 2 sharing a release date is a little less meaningful because for all intents and purposes what we know today as Fortnite, the Battle Royale mode, didn't come out until months later, so it isn't like two colorful multiplayer shooters share a birthdate.

What Splatoon might look like as a f2p title isn't a thought experiment I treasure. For starters you'd have to uncouple fashion from abilities. Then you lock 80% of the good-looking clothing behind the paid portion of a battlepass or in a real money item shop. Daily log-in incentives and weekly missions will warp play behaviour worse than the much disliked set map and mode rotation. I'm not sure what you do with Splatfests. Or Salmon Run. If anything, Salmon Run is the reason I'd want Splatoon to go the opposite route from Fortnite and spin off its PvE mode into its own release seperate from the PvP component.

And that can be f2p, maybe.

I managed to get 19 of 30 right on the Japanese quiz game, better than I expected given my total lack of Japanese knowledge. Weirdly the one question that was labeled as super hard was the easiest one and it was just identifying the rapid blaster sound effect

Just wanna make sure everyone's aware of this, likely the last all Grizzco weapons rotation before Splatoon 3

unknown.png

If you were in charge of putting 2 new commands on the left and right dpad, what would you put?

Personally would go for "Attack!" + "Play safe!" in pvp, with Attack replaced with "Get Eggs!" in salmon run
"Fuck you!" and "What are you doing?"

but seriously the things you mentioned are good but we all know that some people in Salmon will be shooting the eggs into the sea.

If you were in charge of putting 2 new commands on the left and right dpad, what would you put?

Personally would go for "Attack!" + "Play safe!" in pvp, with Attack replaced with "Get Eggs!" in salmon run
I would go for "I'm a kid now" and "I'm a squid now". Not even joking.

First thing is to add one more context-sensitive command for Up, like how it turns into Ouch/Help already, to let teammates know when my special gauge is filled.

Then I'd go ahead and do "Stop feeding, start painting for special" and "Stop farming, start rushing objective" sort of messages so long as those make as much sense in Splatoon 3 as in Splatoon 2. If specials are less crucial, put in a "Flanker/shark at my position" instead.

I’m excited to see what lessons this game might learn from the world of battle passes and such in regards to progression

Obviously I don’t mean in terms of micro transactions, but imagine a new map coming with themed cosmetics that you can unlock in that “season” that it releases in. Of course, seasons should be backwards compatible like in the new Halo in that case.

Damn I really slept on Salmon Run, I've been having so much fun playing it this past week especially with my first wins on Hazard Level Max, and it really brings a new sense of awareness when going back to ranked like bomb placement, positioning, wall movement, helping your teammates, ink management, reacting to threats much faster with more efficient movement... Hype Level Max for Next Wave!

What a save!
What a save!
What a save!
Chat disabled for 3 seconds.

I’m excited to see what lessons this game might learn from the world of battle passes and such in regards to progression

Obviously I don’t mean in terms of micro transactions, but imagine a new map coming with themed cosmetics that you can unlock in that “season” that it releases in. Of course, seasons should be backwards compatible like in the new Halo in that case.
I would absolutely love more progression. One of my bigger gripes with Splatoon 2 is that once you hit level 30 there's very little new stuff left to unlock.

Looking back, we genuinely didn't know about ANY new weapons besides the splat dualies until the Splatoon 2 direct. It's looking like the same might happen but with the tri stringer here. It really is crazy how short the marketing cycles are during the Switch era.

That is, unless there will be a Stringer showcase where the Tri-Stringer and a never-before-seen Stringer gets shown. It's not likely to happen but I am not ruling it out. It's interesting how maps and brands are the only new stuff that are shown in tweets thus far (barring redesigns like the Tri-Slosher).

Thank you for reading.

That is, unless there will be a Stringer showcase where the Tri-Stringer and a never-before-seen Stringer gets shown. It's not likely to happen but I am not ruling it out. It's interesting how maps and brands are the only new stuff that are shown in tweets thus far (barring redesigns like the Tri-Slosher).

Thank you for reading.

We already had a stringer showcase

So, which brand will it be today?

jk

I personally think we'll get the brella showcase today. I hope they show Tenta Brella. Most weapon showcases were on Monday right?

So, which brand will it be today?

jk

I personally think we'll get the brella showcase today. I hope they show Tenta Brella. Most weapon showcases were on Monday right?
Yeah, also fully expecting brellas today. Though it'd be a classic SplatoonJP move if they show Inkline or Zink today lmao

The three kids on the logo and the game being called Sploon 3, makes me wonder if we'd ever get a three way battle of some kind.

Would be new and pretty funny. XD
But I guess a bit harder to make work for competitive?

Now there are three brands left: Skalop, Zink, and Inkline. Two of them should be revealed this week like last week, leaving next week as the mystery on what else besides the single brand (unless two of these brands will be revealed in a single day).

Thank you for reading.

In one week or two, there will already be Direct announced. Isn't that exciting? I know it is. And maybe Testfire also annouced after that Direct. Isn't that exciting? IT FUCKING IS.

Carbon Roller and Scope (it looks amazing whew)

Edit: Hey actually, maybe the last tweets before the Direct will show Squid Roll and Squid Surge

Last edited:
Really? I guess I forgot because they haven't actually explained how they work yet. Hopefully in the Direct 😩
Yeah, they're so mysterious! People figured out the squid roll has damage reduction while you're in the animation, but we haven't even SEEN the squid surge since the reveal trailer.

Sorry for triple posting but 😶

Nintendo NL keeps making promo tweets for Splatoon 3 that none of the other accounts are posting? Genuinely curious what's up with that

Sorry for triple posting but 😶

Nintendo NL keeps making promo tweets for Splatoon 3 that none of the other accounts are posting? Genuinely curious what's up with that

It's the same as Nintendo HK with that Splatoon art. They don't care they just post whatever and whenever they want imao.

Still one of the most fascinating screenshots ever, especially for Splatoon:

5.large.jpg

Sorry, I'm team August 10
I literally screamed fuck you at my screen.

Going from very recent example it was 34 days with Xeno3. (June 22 to July 26th). So from August 4th to September 9th it will be 36 days. Pretty close, so it will obviously be next week.

EDIT: I meant August 3rd since it will be on Wednesday. But my point still stands.

I literally screamed fuck you at my screen.

Going from very recent example it was 34 days with Xeno3. (June 22 to July 26th). So from August 4th to September 9th it will be 36 days. Pretty close, so it will obviously be next week.

EDIT: I meant August 3rd since it will be on Wednesday. But my point still stands.
They probably want to give Xenoblade 3 a little bit more time to breath. The week after a major release for Nintendo is usually a bit quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom